What should be the role of NIAC during the pro democracy protests in Iran?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
What should we (Iranian/Americans) do if NIAC pushes the Americans to stay out of Iranian internal affairs, as they did during the Green Movement?

PS - I know the answers.....just making a point!

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Trita Arabi is wind party.

as long as he receives funding for his organization to buy and sell condos in maryland he is a happy camper.

this council should issue statements before the protests start, about unemployment, inflation, hopelessness, mental disease, rampant drug abuse, alarming rate of sexually transmitted diseases etc.
like most other iranian organizations they only care about how filled their pockets are.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Trita Arabi is wind party.

as long as he receives funding for his organization to buy and sell condos in maryland he is a happy camper.

this council should issue statements before the protests start, about unemployment, inflation, hopelessness, mental disease, rampant drug abuse, alarming rate of sexually transmitted diseases etc.
like most other iranian organizations they only care about how filled their pockets are.
So true. Unfortunately current board of Iranian Canadian Congress are following NIAC as well. Its pathetic, they've wrote the statement in a way that blames both govt and protesters for the violence!

Here is a statement from the Board of Directors of the Iranian Canadian Congress (ICC) regarding recent protests in Iran.

In recent days there have been protests in several cities in Iran. As an organization that is committed to the values enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms the Board of Directors of the Iranian Canadian Congress strongly supports the rights of Iranian people to freedom of expression and freedom of assembly. We believe in the right of all Iranian people to peacefully demonstrate and communicate their views and demands with their government. We hope that the legitimate demands of the protesters are addressed and that the protests result in improved conditions for all concerned. Freedom to protest is a basic human right and must be protected and respected by all governments; however, violence or endangering the security and safety of others by any group, individual or entity should be condemned by all and we are extremely saddened about the loss of life and violent clashes happening in Iran. Time and again it has been demonstrated, whether in the Middle East region or otherwise, that violence does not lead to progress or improvements in the social and economic well-being of the people.

In the days since the protests began, some politicians and political groups in Canada and abroad who have for years advocated for sanctions and aggression against Iran have tried to exploit these protests to justify their anti-Iranian policies. We should make no mistake; the policies of sanctions and aggression have only hurt ordinary Iranians by negatively impacting the Iranian economy. These efforts constitute nothing but an attempt to cynically exploit people’s legitimate demands to advance these groups' own political agenda. In addition to internal factors and economic mismanagement in Iran, decades of sanctions by Western governments, especially the United States, have significantly harmed the Iranian economy and the lives of ordinary Iranians. Time and again, the people of Iran have demonstrated to the world that they want to engage constructively with the international community and that they reject isolation, violence and war.

We believe that it is important for the international community to respect the rights of Iranians to determine the direction of their own country in the pursuit of their social and economic vision for the future.

Sincerely,
Board of Directors
Iranian Canadian Congress

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
niloufar jaan,
please read pooya's and my experience about iranians in van (maybe you don't need to you live with them in your area),

i have not and will not expect anything from iranians outside of iran since mid 80s.

as a teen ager in london every chance we got we went to meetings demos even paint throwing glass breaking events against IR. we even got beat up by pakistanis and lebanese on their payroll. Then the british, french, turkish etc closed down all effective iranian orgs outside of iran pretty much by early 90s everyone what was anyone was assassinated and all organizations closed.

since then it is just either satellite tv for concerts, or monarchist fossils talking crap ( i believe most of them are double agents), or the organizations such as above that are hoping for easing of sanctions so they can sell Zaffron and become overnight millionaires like their cousins in IR who became billionaires on people's blood.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
niloufar jaan,
please read pooya's and my experience about iranians in van (maybe you don't need to you live with them in your area),

i have not and will not expect anything from iranians outside of iran since mid 80s.

as a teen ager in london every chance we got we went to meetings demos even paint throwing glass breaking events against IR. we even got beat up by pakistanis and lebanese on their payroll. Then the british, french, turkish etc closed down all effective iranian orgs outside of iran pretty much by early 90s everyone what was anyone was assassinated and all organizations closed.

since then it is just either satellite tv for concerts, or monarchist fossils talking crap ( i believe most of them are double agents), or the organizations such as above that are hoping for easing of sanctions so they can sell Zaffron and become overnight millionaires like their cousins in IR who became billionaires on people's blood.
Yeah I read you and Pooya's comments. It was very Interesting, I thought only Toronto has this problem(Aghazadeha)!
But still there are very nationalist Iranians living in Toronto(from many years ago, and some who are highly educated in politics in Canada). Previous board members were like that, arguing for sanction against IRGC instead of direct sanctions against ppl. Now its reverse, Canada's senate is debating on sanctioning IRGC and this new board went there and argued against such move!! So there is still hope, but depends on Iranians living abroad to elect proper representatives when they vote in their Iranian congress! Not sure if NIAC elects its members, but Iranian Canadian congress needs ppl's votes.