where do they dub american movies into Farsi

Oct 19, 2002
I just happen to flip through persian satellites networks out of LA. and saw an american movie that had been translated into farsi recently. the dubbing was very impressive and flawless with the lip movement, picking the right voice for the lead actor, using persian phrases and so on.

I am sure this wasn't done in the Islamic republic as they don't condone or show western movies specially american ones and I don't think it was done in one of the LA channels as it takes numerous voices, hours of work and great coordination that none of them have.

Considering how professional it had been dubbed with the lip movement and use of the right phrases at the right time, I am curios to know if anyone knows where they dub the western movies?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I just happen to flip through persian satellites networks out of LA. and saw an american movie that had been translated into farsi recently. the dubbing was very impressive and flawless with the lip movement, picking the right voice for the lead actor, using persian phrases and so on.

I am sure this wasn't done in the Islamic republic as they don't condone or show western movies specially american ones and I don't think it was done in one of the LA channels as it takes numerous voices, hours of work and great coordination that none of them have.

Considering how professional it had been dubbed with the lip movement and use of the right phrases at the right time, I am curios to know if anyone knows where they dub the western movies?
You are wrong about American movies not being shown in Iran. Some of them (although very few but with censorship) are.
Having said that, I've heard they dub most of the other movies in Dubai. Don't know if it's true though...