Where do you prefer to see Azmoun?

Which club will help Azmoun progress the most?

• Arsenal

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Milan

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Juventus

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Now that he confirmed all the rumours about the interest of the big clubs, which club do you guys think would help him the best in his progress?

Ofcourse he should choose what ever club he feels like giving him the best offer. Both money-wise and career-wise but if you were him at his age, which club would you choose?

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
You remember Dariush Yazdani and Mehdi Pasha zadeh??? they never played a single game for Bayer Leverkusen I don't want this to happen to Azmoun..

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Wenger and Arsenal are known to trust young players. anyway it will be tough choice . he should probably warm the bench in all 3 teams for some period of time. even if he make to 18 squad in beginning or first couple month is still something

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
By the looks of it from today's 90, it's really between Milan and Arsenal and reading some Italian newspapers, it looks like Arsenal joined the game later but with a higher offer. I get the feeling Milan were looking for a bargain and may not necessarily be inclined to get into bidding war, so the Arsenal transfer has the most potential IMHO. Until a few weeks ago, I would have said EPL has been a disaster for Iranian players, but with Ashkan and Gucci both being in form at the moment, I don't think that's necessarily a bad move. Azmoun is also young and he looks like a cool kid, so I don't think this will turn into a Bagheri situation - he's young and what better place to learn than one of the best clubs and under one of the best coaches in the world. It's certainly a HUGE move up from his current coach.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
You remember Dariush Yazdani and Mehdi Pasha zadeh??? they never played a single game for Bayer Leverkusen I don't want this to happen to Azmoun..
pashazadeh was victim of too many injuries and I wonder how Yazdani made it to Leverkuzan , he wasn't good enough anyway

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
I voted Arsenal, purely for one reason, and one reason alone. Arsene Wenger.

I know that Arsenal give their youngsters a chance, and even if Azmoun has to go from a starter in Rubin Kazan to working himself up from Arsenal reserves into the first team, i believe the training/guidance he will receive under Wenger and the Arsenal system will result in Team Melli maybe finally getting a taste of something very close to a world class footballer.

But i definitely hope that even if he joins Arsenal he gets loaned out for the 1st season.

Yazdani made it to Leverkuzan
LOLL Yazdani, I don't even know who had the better agent, Khatibi or Yazdani. How either of these players made it to Europe is beyond me.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Sardar Azmoun discusses Arsenal and Milan interests
[video=youtube;MFPtHENnvAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPtHENnvAQ[/video]

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I also think he has a good thing going with Rubin Kazan... Why would he want to change that!... He is in a good situation and should not move to a big club risk ruining his career. These kind of moves are very risky and maybe career killers. I hope he makes the right choice. If I were Sardar I would stay with Rubin and after 4 years move to a bigger team. That would be the more logical choice. He should think about his career logically more than going to his favorite club because he might fail everyone's expectations of him to fulfill as the Iranian Messi... This is what happened to Ali Karimi although at a different age but still people started calling him Asian Maradona and he failed to fulfill the expectations of people at Bayern and other clubs in Europe and European team didn't want him anymore...

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Being an Arsenal fan I would love for an Iranian to be on the Arsenal that would be awesome! However, if he ends up with Milan I won't be disappointed they historically a good team in Sirea A. Arash also brought up a fair point one good thing about Arsen Wenger is you might need to start at the bottom but if you prove yourself, he has no problems starting young players so if he plays well, he can see playing time on the pitch and who knows maybe even crack the starting XI. @The Matrix you bring up a fair point about Rubin Kazan he's a starter and people got their careers ruined because they went to the big club but at one point you need to test yourself and competition breeds success. Even if you are a bench warmer but you get valuable playing time like 20 minutes at Arsenal, that is better than playing in the Russian league.

Jun 18, 2005
I also think he has a good thing going with Rubin Kazan... Why would he want to change that!... He is in a good situation and should not move to a big club risk ruining his career. These kind of moves are very risky and maybe career killers. I hope he makes the right choice. If I were Sardar I would stay with Rubin and after 4 years move to a bigger team. That would be the more logical choice. He should think about his career logically more than going to his favorite club because he might fail everyone's expectations of him to fulfill as the Iranian Messi... This is what happened to Ali Karimi although at a different age but still people started calling him Asian Maradona and he failed to fulfill the expectations of people at Bayern and other clubs in Europe and European team didn't want him anymore...
You could not be any more wrong. In this business, age means everything. If he wants to jump to a big club now is the time and not 4 years from now.

Karimi wasted 4 years of his early 20s playing in Arab league and finally moved to Bayern when was 25. Azmoun is 19 and his big chance for getting into a big club is now and not when he is 24-25. Then is too late.

Do you know where Rubin Kazan stands in the Russian League today? They are 10th in a 16 team league. And you want him to spend 4 more years there? That would be insanity.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
You could not be any more wrong. In this business, age means everything. If he wants to jump to a big club now is the time and not 4 years from now.

Karimi wasted 4 years of his early 20s playing in Arab league and finally moved to Bayern when was 25. Azmoun is 19 and his big chance for getting into a big club is now and not when he is 24-25. Then is too late.

Do you know where Rubin Kazan stands in the Russian League today? They are 10th in a 16 team league. And you want him to spend 4 more years there? That would be insanity.
actually karimi was 27 when he moved to Bayern...

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007

yeah that is only correct if Azmoun can truly become the Iranian messi... But the day he fails to fill the hype then his dream of a European club is all over. I understand what your saying about age but this is a big risk... And it is very hard to become a starter at Arsenal when your young.. I don't know I just don't want him to end up like Kagawa a bench player in Man u.. But I do wish him well because he is a nice guy..

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Being an Arsenal fan I would love for an Iranian to be on the Arsenal that would be awesome! However, if he ends up with Milan I won't be disappointed they historically a good team in Sirea A. Arash also brought up a fair point one good thing about Arsen Wenger is you might need to start at the bottom but if you prove yourself, he has no problems starting young players so if he plays well, he can see playing time on the pitch and who knows maybe even crack the starting XI. @The Matrix you bring up a fair point about Rubin Kazan he's a starter and people got their careers ruined because they went to the big club but at one point you need to test yourself and competition breeds success. Even if you are a bench warmer but you get valuable playing time like 20 minutes at Arsenal, that is better than playing in the Russian league.
No aziz this is where your wrong getting 20 minutes in Arsenal is not going to develop confidence and self esteem in a player and a player will feel like the coaching staff doesnt trust him. I agree playing EPL is better the Russian premier league but as long as he plays in Europe we should be satisfied... and not like players like Ansarifard, sadeghian, and kaveh rezaei who are rotting in Iran.... Its his choice really but he needs to feel confident and competent in order to make the move and to live up to his hype. Or he is gonna be remembered as another Iranian player who failed in Europe..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
yeah that is only correct if Azmoun can truly become the Iranian messi... But the day he fails to fill the hype then his dream of a European club is all over. I understand what your saying about age but this is a big risk... And it is very hard to become a starter at Arsenal when your young.. I don't know I just don't want him to end up like Kagawa a bench player in Man u.. But I do wish him well because he is a nice guy..
Risk ?! if I was him I would take my chances and grab the Arsenal jersey with both handss !

You got to aim high ...it may never happen again ...RIP Hejazi had offers from French teams and didnt take them to get better offers after world cup and revelution changed everything...

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
No aziz this is where your wrong getting 20 minutes in Arsenal is not going to develop confidence and self esteem in a player and a player will feel like the coaching staff doesnt trust him. I agree playing EPL is better the Russian premier league but as long as he plays in Europe we should be satisfied... and not like players like Ansarifard, sadeghian, and kaveh rezaei who are rotting in Iran.... Its his choice really but he needs to feel confident and competent in order to make the move and to live up to his hype. Or he is gonna be remembered as another Iranian player who failed in Europe..
Well I didn't think about it that way but if he has a fighters chance of cracking the starting XI in Arsenal, I say go for it and if it doesn't work he can always go back to Russia or a league like that. I thought though if they call you up for 20 minutes that is a good sign it's a bad sign if they don't call your number at all. I guess it's his decision because it's his career and I'll support it stay in Russia or try your luck at Arsenal it's all good at least he is not playing in Iran or some Arab league.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Risk ?! if I was him I would take my chances and grab the Arsenal jersey with both handss !

You got to aim high ...it may never happen again ...RIP Hejazi had offers from French teams and didnt take them to get better offers after world cup and revelution changed everything...
yeah you do have to aim high but at the same time you have to be realistic.. I say its a risk because what if he doesn't become the Iranian Messi.. Do you really see an Iranian Messi in Azmoun now?? Honestly tell me I would like to know.. Does he score 2 or 3 goals in every game for Rubin Kazan. And honestly everything in life is a risk.. Would he be able to be successful in Arsenal I don't know but from the hype of him being called the Iranian Messi I see a big failure to come... He should come straight with Arsenal and tell them he is not the Iranian Messi but a good foreign kid with up potential so they wont expect such a big game from him to start with or live up to overall..

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Well I didn't think about it that way but if he has a fighters chance of cracking the starting XI in Arsenal, I say go for it and if it doesn't work he can always go back to Russia or a league like that. I thought though if they call you up for 20 minutes that is a good sign it's a bad sign if they don't call your number at all. I guess it's his decision because it's his career and I'll support it stay in Russia or try your luck at Arsenal it's all good at least he is not playing in Iran or some Arab league.
How do you know a Russian team will want him then or another European team? The Europeans in general don't favor Iranians and rather get a black player from Africa or something..