Where is the 63%???

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Whether in this protest or previous ones, you never see a pro-Poop rally that's comparable to the protesters. With the exception of "joojeh basij" kids there's hardly any actual ideological pro-IRI fans in the streets. The closest to a rally by the "63%" was in Poop's "victory" speech where he labeled those protesting as "khak," which was ironic considering his own nickname. But even then the numbers were maybe not even 1/10 of those protesting against the regime during those days.

So I ask again, where the hell is that 63%?? :6:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Whatever support poop had is probably down by 60% now. So even if we agree that he got 63% and that is highly unlikely, his support is down to 25%. With the economy going down the tube soon his support will be in the single digits and those supporters will be the thugs who receive 200,000 tomans a day to crack down on people.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
But seriously - discounting all who support AN because of handouts or on payroll - what % of Iranians do you realy think truely support AN and the coup?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
ADC - I think you are waaaaay off. At least I hope you are. I think you think AN jas a lot of support in Villages and I guarantee you that is not the case. Let me give you an example - I know a guy in Mazandaran Village who is the head of IRI's Basij in that village of about 1000 population and in charge of the local masjid and some distributions..... Every year, during the Khatami election he was told to vote for Khatami and in the first AN election he was told to vote for AN !!! He also tells other villagers who to vote for........ I don't know who he was told to vote for in the last election (since I have not been to Iran for a couple of years)........... You know what this means - it means even those who voted for AN in villages, did not do so because they are a fan of him or believe in what he stands for......

BT - You can't compare AN supporters with KKK. White supremacists support KKK because they are white !!! Those who support AN must support what he is or what he stands for.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BT - You can't compare AN supporters with KKK. White supremacists support KKK because they are white !!! Those who support AN must support what he is or what he stands for.
Actually yes we can! Those who support AN, DO NOT support what he is or what he stands for. That's the point. They support AN because they are either from the same gene (Islamist hardliners for whom the end always justifies the means) or they have a stake in AN's presidency.

There's nothing ideologically or politically definable about AN. He doesn't stand for anything. Absolutely nothing.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
You had doubts about the coup?!
What coup? This was all lies from BBC and zionists. Poop(AN) was democratically elected by Burrito(after a major case of indigestion, of course).

But still, 63% is a large number, kojah hastand hameyeh een tarafdaraash? :lonley:

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Actually yes we can! Those who support AN, DO NOT support what he is or what he stands for. That's the point. They support AN because they are either from the same gene (Islamist hardliners for whom the end always justifies the means) or they have a stake in AN's presidency.

There's nothing ideologically or politically definable about AN. He doesn't stand for anything. Absolutely nothing.
You sure hit the nail on the head with this post. The good thing is you cant buy support forever...

Aug 26, 2009

I think there are people out there who support him and really think he is legit. They are misguided hardliners.

And then there are people who don't really care for his politics, but are benefiting from status quo - so they support their own interests by supporting him.

I think the former group is more dangerous than the latter because interests are easier to change than hearts/minds.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Where are your 63%?
Forget about 63%. Has the "opposition" even been able to produce 50, 40, 30, even 20%of the population support it claims to enjoy since the election? Those who voted for Ahmadinejad don't have anything to prove or fight for (yet). But despite all the hype and foreign media and Iranian exile call we continue to see the same number of opposition turn out for these events!
So where are your 63%?

Farzad-USA

Bench Warmer
Apr 4, 2007
rooyesh.blog.com
Where are your 63%?
Forget about 63%. Has the "opposition" even been able to produce 50, 40, 30, even 20%of the population support it claims to enjoy since the election? Those who voted for Ahmadinejad don't have anything to prove or fight for (yet). But despite all the hype and foreign media and Iranian exile call we continue to see the same number of opposition turn out for these events!
So where are your 63%?
Ashtar, we did not claim we won 63% of the vote. Inspite of arresting thousands of protesters, people are still coming to streets and protesting. Make no mistake, this struggle will continue and we will win this battle, there is not doubt about this my friend.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
If the regime truly had the amount of support it claims to have, rather than banning demonstrations by students, they'd simply ask their own supporters to come out en masse to counter them.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
I wounder why the so called "green" movement usually use the special occasions which are days we have the supporters of the regime also on the street!! Why not come into the streets on your special occasions? just announce the day and gather your own crowd. Qods day, Student's day, Ashura are not anti-islamic anti-regime days you know? ;)

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
If the regime didn't ban protests as illegal, they certainly would do so. Plus, yesterday, which commemorated the death of 3 students during the Shah's era, was actually more a “Green Movement” day than an IRI day, considering how now the IRI is the one shooting and killing students just like the Shah did.