Which player had the best long shot rocket in TM history

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I can think of a few good nominations. can you add any to the list?

Chelighkhani
Halvai
Jabbari
Bagheri
DinMohammadi

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
the best long rocket shot in history of iran football belongs to ABDOLLAH SAEDI,nickname ABDOLLAH SHOOTI....he was a great football player in 1330-40,belong to that generation,he scored a goal from mid field to BAKU in a match between baku and iran in that era..he used to wrap a red bandage on his R foot,meaning his R shot is very dangerous,once a russian player got hurt from his shot and was in coma for 1 hour....!!!!!there is also a saying,his shot made a hole multiple times in the matches against opponents......
from 1330-40: Aref gholi zadeh agreat defender with a great shot..................

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
but I forget to mention,personally I like,parviz ghelichkhani,especially his long shot against israel in 1968,australia 1973,and taj tehran against nasser hejazi when he used to play for daraei club...
jalal talebi,parviz koozekanani were also 2 other players who had powerful shot,but none of the could have reached to Abdollah shooti.....
majid halvaei goal against brasil in 1972,was also wonderful with a long distance shot which guide us to win that game 1-0....

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
but I forget to mention,personally I like,parviz ghelichkhani,especially his long shot against israel in 1968,australia 1973,and taj tehran against nasser hejazi when he used to play for daraei club....
I was in the stadium and saw the whole thing.what a great shot by Ghelich.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I was in the stadium and saw the whole thing.what a great shot by Ghelich.
Do you remember the goal ? what happened ...?

Kasra jan if you want to go back that far then Buik Jedikar should also be mentioned ,also Akbar Kargarjam ,Behtash Fariba ,Mehrab Shahrokhi should get a mention . I remeber hearing Hejazi saying the hardest shot he was scored on was from Mahmoud Yavari when he was playing for Sepahan .

But if I had to pick one ... I can't !..... I have to pick two together ..Parviz Ghelichkhani and Karim Bagheri ,this pair are unique in Iran and Asia , with 50 goals Karim Bagheri has a special place and is the second most scorer in the world among midfielders and almost all of them are spectacular strikes ! but Ghelich played in different times and his tremendous strike in 1968 against Israel which won us the cup for the first time is unforgettable and unmatched .

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
These are all excellent choices, and several of them bring back memories.

if I had to pick one, and it would be very difficult to do so, Majid Halvai would be it. Besides his goal against Brazail, I remember a few that he scored with Pas that were just amazing.
Jabbari would be my second choice.
Chelich would be my third.
admittedly, I do not know or did not see all the players mentioned here

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar

Kasra jan if you want to go back that far then Buik Jedikar should also be mentioned ,also Akbar Kargarjam ,Behtash Fariba ,Mehrab Shahrokhi should get a mention . I remeber hearing Hejazi saying the hardest shot he was scored on was from Mahmoud Yavari when he was playing for Sepahan .

But if I had to pick one ... I can't !..... I have to pick two together ..Parviz Ghelichkhani and Karim Bagheri ,this pair are unique in Iran and Asia , with 50 goals Karim Bagheri has a special place and is the second most scorer in the world among midfielders and almost all of them are spectacular strikes ! but Ghelich played in different times and his tremendous strike in 1968 against Israel which won us the cup for the first time is unforgettable and unmatched .
and if childhood memory serves me right, it was that win against Israel, that prompted Shah to keep his promise of building the Azadi Stadium.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011

yes,very interesting.....guys,please participate more on discussions,it brings up more memories,and for all of us,could be a lecture...thanks oghab jan....

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Don't forget about Ghayeghran!!!

And Jabbari?? Which Jabbari? If you mean today's player in eses, I'd go with Nekounam and a lot of others first before mentioning him.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Don't forget about Ghayeghran!!!

And Jabbari?? Which Jabbari? If you mean today's player in eses, I'd go with Nekounam and a lot of others first before mentioning him.
Not today's Jabbari, come on man :) I meant the legendary Ali Jabbari, the Taj and TM player who scored a hat trick against Thailand in the last 15 minutes for a 3-2 in.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Sorry then, my badf! :)
The legendary Ali Jabbari could hit it from 40 yards and find the top corner on regular bases . Power and accuracy were mixed in well by him , he should have been one of the pivots of our team for world cup 1974 but ignorance and politics as usual play their parts for him and Iran not to be there .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
UOTE=BehzadB;961363]and if childhood memory serves me right, it was that win against Israel, that prompted Shah to keep his promise of building the Azadi Stadium.[/QUOTE]

Aryamehr or Azadi stadium was bulit as part of the project for 1974 Asian games in Tehran ,many facilities like the indoor swimming pool were the best in the continent , we were bidding for 1984 olympic games , we were in asseman e haftom as the saying goes ...