Who really deserve #10 Jerssy for Team-mali??

I would say..we should have waited and cancel #10 jerssy for AC...until ferther notice
until we find some one to earn it...and then with special ceremony give it from Daei to that special person...
I like khatabi very much and i would pick him for our top 23 players...but I won't put him in the starting 11 nor he deserve #10(at least not for now)

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Dejagah's wearing the #10 for Germany, so he sure as hell deserves the #10 in Iran, especially over that cripple Khatibi. It's just too bad we have such a shitty federation that's working hard to make us lose the best Iranian forward on the planet.

hshduppsnt

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2004
yeah i think mobali is a clear choice for the shirt at this point.

(edit: dejagah excluded... if he joins team melli then we may have a different story)

Sep 5, 2006
Toronto
i was about to say but you guys beat me to it...number 10 shudd go to dejagah!...we gotta get him in here!!!...how good wudd that be? he has the potential to be one of the best weve had...so ive heard

Jun 26, 2007
Nobody in our football deserves to wear the No 10 jersey! at least not with our current players...and definately Not mobali!!

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
Jesus Christ people.

1) according to AFC regulations #10 Jersey has to be given to somebody

2) Ashkan Dejagah has categorically stated he doesn't want to play for Iran.

wow....

You know, I have heard people say Iran is dumb not to join UEFA

I say,

This federation sucks. Why the hell don't these idiots invent a time machine and go back in time to June 2006?

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
Well

since Daei & khatibi were/are both crappy players then I guess Jersey nr.10 represents crappy play!

& we all know Khatibi deservs that sport very much! But after Khatibi maybe we could call back Sirous Dinmohammadi to play again. & give him nr.10 :)[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

R

rugsnotbombs

shojaei, too bad they don't give him a chance, i think he will surprise all with his skills.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
You know, I do wonder if Karimi really would prefer his number 8 over number 10..but I am guessing it would have been offerred to him.

Mobali would be a good choice and I would not be averse to giving it to Zandi (who has the best attitude of them all) though that would be akward if Zandi continues to be employed at left-back.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I would say..we should have waited and cancel #10 jerssy for AC...until ferther notice
until we find some one to earn it...and then with special ceremony give it from Daei to that special person...
Oh for fuck's sake stop with all this crap! First of all, you can't cancel a number for an official tournament. Second of all, even Brazil and Argentina didn't have special number ceremonies for the successors of Maradona and Pele!

Daei was a good forward in his prime. Nothing more, nothing less. He wasn't even our best forward ever...that would be Hassan Roshan. The number 10 wasn't specifically created for him(!) and he didn't even wear it in his first tournament (93 WCQ). He wore 11 and Marfavi wore 10. Many have worn the 10 shirt before him and many will after him. I hate how we always go overboard with our emotions. Next thing you know some fanboys will ask to re-name Ardebil "Daei Abad"!:rolleyes:

iman_kh

Bench Warmer
Sep 18, 2005
Mobali for sure deserves it the most out of everybody else but i think alireza's idea, if doable, is a pretty creative and cool idea too. it could also motivate our younger players to work harder to get # 10 jersey.

knoosh

Football Fan
Jun 30, 2007
Hey guys...I am sorry if this is a rookie question or if I sounds ignorant, but how does the numbering in football work? I take it from this thread that it is not like other sports where you can choose any number at random as long as no other player has it nor it is retired. Can somebody please clarify for me...

Also, I remember reading long ago that they were going to retire the #10 for Daei. maybe i'm just imagining this.