Who should win the presidential election?

Who should win the presidential election?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I know this much, if Romeny wins, he will single handedly finish off the Republican party in the US - for good! After Bush (dumb), it was so bad that people chose a little known brotha named Barack over a seasoned old-school politician like McCain - sure Palin didn't help matters. But if Romeny (dumber) gets elected, I wouldn't be surprised if some illegal immigrant named Jose is the next president after Mitt's finished screwing up what's left of the US and the beginning of star-spangled banner to be officially changed to "Jose" instead of "O say"!!! :-ohno:

If Romney wins, it's going to be such a huge foreign policy disaster, that 4 years from now, the Republicans are going to wish they had sat this one out completely! Romeny's so unqualified that the Republicans' best bet at this point is to vote for Obama and hope that he screws up or the economy takes a dive in the next 4 years, so that they at least have something to stand on 4 years from now. ;)

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Romney is unqualified? It is good that we elected a "qualified" candidate 4 years ago. Highest office held to full term? Illinois state senator. Other qualifications? Street agitator and rabble rouser. The bar is pretty low to qualify for presidency anymore.

Feb 22, 2005
Yeah we are not looking for are religious monkey in the white house. As matter of fact, if we wanted to have a religious person running the country, we would move back to Iran. It is unfortunate, how our Iranian friends hate the Islamic republic but support religious here in America. And dont tell me, you dont know all the mega church and churches are right behind the republicans, and when you support them, you have to give something back.

I guess keeping blind eye to that. In 1970s, Iranians did the same. Now, I am not saying that US will become like a Islamic republic, but laws made base on religion belief makes it like them.

Romney is unqualified? It is good that we elected a "qualified" candidate 4 years ago. Highest office held to full term? Illinois state senator. Other qualifications? Street agitator and rabble rouser. The bar is pretty low to qualify for presidency anymore.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I know this much, if Romeny wins, he will single handedly finish off the Republican party in the US - for good! After Bush (dumb), it was so bad that people chose a little known brotha named Barack over a seasoned old-school politician like McCain - sure Palin didn't help matters. But if Romeny (dumber) gets elected, I wouldn't be surprised if some illegal immigrant named Jose is the next president after Mitt's finished screwing up what's left of the US and the beginning of star-spangled banner to be officially changed to "Jose" instead of "O say"!!! :-ohno:

If Romney wins, it's going to be such a huge foreign policy disaster, that 4 years from now, the Republicans are going to wish they had sat this one out completely! Romeny's so unqualified that the Republicans' best bet at this point is to vote for Obama and hope that he screws up or the economy takes a dive in the next 4 years, so that they at least have something to stand on 4 years from now. ;)
Come on BH jan you can't possibly think Romney is dumber than Bush. He would have never been elected in Mass. as Gov.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
I don't think Romney is Dumber than Bush. He is just clueless and this will lead in putting the charge of nation in the hands of his handlers, if he is elected......
And I do agree with BH that it could also signal the end of republican party and complete conversion to tea party fanatics.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I don't think Romney is Dumber than Bush. He is just clueless and this will lead in putting the charge of nation in the hands of his handlers, if he is elected......
And I do agree with BH that it could also signal the end of republican party and complete conversion to tea party fanatics.
What do you think will change from having BHO in office?
I don't think anything will. This is all rhetoric to win votes.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Come on BH jan you can't possibly think Romney is dumber than Bush. He would have never been elected in Mass. as Gov.
I think the problem with him is that he's a consultant by nature and runs the campaign and probably his presidency too like a consultant.

if you have ever worked for or with a consultant or applied for a job, you know the deal. These guys usually don't have a better plan, pitch it however as the best thing since sliced bread, make a couple of nice presentations, tell you what you want to hear, change very little, charge lots of money and leave after some time without having actually improved anything.

If he had actually proposed a single thing and really a single thing that hasn't been tried before but failed miserably, is in the works already or is a terrible idea to begin with, fine...

but he hasn't

Further, presidents always bring more a social change with them than an actual change. If you look at all presidencies, there was a social changed involved with it, a change in the way the US was looked at and the way the US moved forward. Just look at each presidency and how it changed and shaped America socially and the American society. I really don't think that a consultant guy and a very conservative ideologue will do much good.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Zob, change your frame of mind for a second to understand me......

If anyone is under illusion that real change is going to happen in terms of capitalistic policy ( perservation of system here) or forign policy ( continuation of imperialistic aspirations) by any democrats or republicans, there are lots of beach properties in Arizona to be sold to them.

The so called Democratic process here, has been reduced to a choice between preservation of gains in civil rights that were gained by people in 60s and 70s or losing them all to the religious right and multi millioners..
Yes in major issues, they are all captains of the same ship.Some would like to do it harsh,others with Vasseline and cotton ball....

But the approach on domestic issues, appointment of Judges, worker's rights, employment,outsourcing the jobs,women rights, health care issues are the ones that will impact the lifes of generations to come.

Feb 22, 2005
Excellent, excellent post. Brilliantly, you explained it all in one paragraph. Completely agree with you.

I would add on the economy policy, one major difference is Republicans putting more focus on the very wealthy with the idea of it dripping down to others, whereas democrats see the economy growing from the middel class up.

If anyone is under illusion that real change is going to happen in terms of capitalistic policy ( perservation of system here) or forign policy ( continuation of imperialistic aspirations) by any democrats or republicans, there are lots of beach properties in Arizona to be sold to them.

The so called Democratic process here, has been reduced to a choice between preservation of gains in civil rights that were gained by people in 60s and 70s or losing them all to the religious right and multi millioners..
Yes in major issues, they are all captains of the same ship.Some would like to do it harsh,others with Vasseline and cotton ball....

But the approach on domestic issues, appointment of Judges, worker's rights, employment,outsourcing the jobs,women rights, health care issues are the ones that will impact the lifes of generations to come.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

BA jan the only thing that is a concern is the appointment of judges but we have seen that Republicans have appointed liberal judges either knowingly or unknowingly and given the fact that Romney is to the left of all of the former Republican presidents "except for maybe Ike" there is a chance that his nominee wouldn't be that different from a BHO nominee. At the end of the day I don't see too many differences between the two of them. Having said that I don't like Paul Ryan at all and I think it is scary that he is a heartbeat away from being the president of the USA. I just wished that Ron Paul would run as an independent and we get a younger version of him soon for 2016.