Who was TM's best header of all time?

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
My nominations are Homayoon Behzadi, Kalani, GH Mazloomi, Vahid Hashemian, and Ali Daie. It would be a very close call for me between Behzadi and Vahid "the Helicopter" hashemian, but I would pick Behzadi.

Who would you vote for?

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
I think in that department, Karim Bavi was better than most of the names you mentioned. He just happened to play at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
I can talk for after 80, Bavi no doubt , the guy was zero and i mean zero on ground and king on air no one even come close to him ( maybe daei ?) if i am not wrong he scored over 95% of his goals from header while daei could score both way , that is why bavi needed to be pair with some guys good on ground like pious, naser mohammad khani, changiz , golam fathabadi , etc

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Bavi hands down, miles ahead of all. He was also not good on the ground in terms of dribbling or passing or shooting...etc but he was a natural opportunist with some smart short range dry kicks. He was just there.

His best feeders were Mohmmadreza Shakourzadeh in Shaheen, and Zarnicheh and Motlagh in TM. He repeatedluy scored killer headers from penalty spot on Shakour's crosses. Interestingly he was a center defense until when Amoo Nassi changes his postion to center forward in Shahin.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
no body even can touch Behzadi,his nick name,SAR TALA...he is the first striker in history of iran soccer who got an offer from munich 1860,in germany...in 1347....
his mentor was sandor kocsis the BEST STRIKER AND HEADER AND TOP GOAL SCORER OF hungarian team in 1954.....
you see him with hejazi in my avatar...

Last edited:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I haven't followed players earlier than 1980 as closely as those coming after, so my judgement is only for those after 1980. I will have to say Karim Bavi because as most of you said he scored almost all his goals with header, We all know Daei's capabilities in the air and he can also be considered same or close to Bavi.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Ali Daei

Just look at the goal at 3.57 against Ecuador

Amazing

[video=youtube;sUigZUbfjqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUigZUbfjqI[/video]

Oct 1, 2004
From the players I've seen
Daei
Aghili
Nekounam
Hasheminasab.

I've heard Bavi was great with (only) his head too.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Ok, it seems like a few friends here are getting a bit too nostalgic with memories of Bavi :)

I grew up watching Bavi play and retire as a player. Ok, he was a good header, but waaaay waaay waaaaaaay below Daei. In fact, I would put Mehdi Hasheminasab above Bavi.

If there was ever a heading contest Daei would be among the world's top 5 headers of all time. I can't even clearly point out a football player in history who was better than Daei at heading the ball. I mean some great names come to mind, but Daei is easily up there with them.

I can't believe we're even talking about this!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yeah...that header which he nearly scored with against Angola in WC2006 is a good indication of his talent and that makes him the best ....can someone put that clip up so we are all reminded again ...?