Why can men have multiple wives but women cant have multiple husbands?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
We had a thread about polygamy and how by western standards it should be allowed. Now by Islamic standards, why is polygamy allowed only for men and not women? what are the reasons behind this?

Does anybody have any LOGICAL arguments why this law makes sense? aside from men having the money to afford it.

Last edited:

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
i dont know the real reason. the only thing i can think of is that if a woman sleeps with several men at the time same, u wont know who the father of the baby is (or there was no way of knowing 1400 years ago).

however, if a man sleeps with several women, then the child is always his (as long as the woman doesnt sleep with anyone else lol).

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Ali jan, you seriously think that was the reason in a society where they used to bury their female infants alive?

aside from that, a man could always deny the child is his if he didnt want his wife any more, especially back then. so it goes both ways.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
if a woman has a child how the hell are they goingt to know whose it is?(it has hapend in hostory before.. those anti mohammad ppl and tose who killed emaam hosein had that problem..cant remember their damn names but any ways it is in history books).
forget the tests and genetics, we are talking about real ppl in real world. most of which live where there is no fancy dancy testing labs any where close..and the cost and the errors and the mix ups and etc..etc..
one man one woman is the best policy. but in one case that i know of the woman had some sort of deisease and so he married 2nd wife to have healthy kids. the healthy kids took care of the sick kids and it all worked out.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
More men are not satisfied with one woman than women wanting more than one man. For women the relationship works different. Its natural. Lets not talk about religious aspects of it. As a man I am not satisfied with only one women, and from my experinece women are more into one-man relationship. Ofcourse there are exceptions, you find many men who only want to be with their wives and some women want to be with other men. But in general men like more women and women want one special man.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
More men are not satisfied with one woman than women wanting more than one man. For women the relationship works different. Its natural. Lets not talk about religious aspects of it. As a man I am not satisfied with only one women, and from my experinece women are more into one-man relationship. Ofcourse there are exceptions, you find many men who only want to be with their wives and some women want to be with other men. But in general men like more women and women want one special man.
Yeah....alright...
and that's why they had to make a law forbidding women to have more than one man and allowing men to have multiple women. Hehehehee..

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
LOOOL.
You should definitely write a book to disseminate all your fantasies...ooops sorry I meant theories :)
Introduce yourself to the rest of the world man!

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
LOOOL.
You should definitely write a book to disseminate all your fantasies...ooops sorry I meant theories :)
Introduce yourself to the rest of the world man!
Honestly...his 21 scientific publications make lots of sense now..he probably published them all for Al-Science, Al-Nature, and other stuff, talking about how it is natural to have multiple women for men and not for women and hence the laws in Islamic countries are alright just as they are :)

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Honestly...his 21 scientific publications make lots of sense now..he probably published them all for Al-Science, Al-Nature, and other stuff, talking about how it is natural to have multiple women for men and not for women and hence the laws in Islamic countries are alright just as they are :)
I'd like to know what the reviewers would this were he to put his theories through the rigour of the peer review process! I wonder what the reveiwers would make of the fact that he is "not satisfied with only one woman" because he is a man :D

Much depends on the like-mindedness of the reviewers I suppose.

REZA, aberooye harchi scientiste bordi :)

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
i dont know the real reason. the only thing i can think of is that if a woman sleeps with several men at the time same, u wont know who the father of the baby is (or there was no way of knowing 1400 years ago).

however, if a man sleeps with several women, then the child is always his (as long as the woman doesnt sleep with anyone else lol).
Ali jan, you seriously think that was the reason in a society where they used to bury their female infants alive?

aside from that, a man could always deny the child is his if he didnt want his wife any more, especially back then. so it goes both ways.
The whole thing came about around mamad's time and 2 factors were key. First, what Ali (ISP - not son of abitaaleb) said to identify that father, and second, and perhaps more important was the survival of women in a male dominated society where wars happened often. This resulted in there being more women around than men and due to societal issues, the women could not work and support themselves. And the 4 wives was probably due to the ration of women to men being aroudn that at the time, otherwise why not pick 3 or 5?

Aug 26, 2005
Did you say before you were about to get a full professorship? You?! Really?!

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
You might want to discuss this with the Facebook lady in the other forum, LOL!! Good for you, man keh yek dooneh zan daaram dahanam service shodeh, shomaa kheili mardi, 4 taa begir!! By the way, on the topic, I really don't care how people choose their partners or how many as long as everybody is happy with the arrangment.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Who was is who said that "the only thing that has no limits is stupidity"? Damesh garm. Cheghadr in yaroo kos-e-sher goft beh naameh science. It is funny that everything significant was always said in the 3rd person, such as "it has been scientifically proven", or "articles have been pusblished" with no specific person credited for this earth shattering work!!! LOL!! Khob haddeh aghal baraayeh khandidan khoob bood.

p.s. Does anybody have statistics on how long people who live in Mecaa live? I would also be curious about how tall they are and how high they can jump, since the earth's gravity doesn't apply there!! Vaay az khandeh shaash band shodam!!

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
Suddenly we have a bunch of morally unchallenge people here.

I know its painful to see someone who supports hezbullah is academically superior to you. You guys need to know more about men and women social behaviours and likes and dislikes before you open your mouth and repeat what you hear/read in your limited media.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
I'd like to know what the reviewers would this were he to put his theories through the rigour of the peer review process! I wonder what the reveiwers would make of the fact that he is "not satisfied with only one woman" because he is a man :D

Much depends on the like-mindedness of the reviewers I suppose.

REZA, aberooye harchi scientiste bordi :)
How do you know what is my scientific activity? cause I dont agree with your BS you question my scientific status?

I have published in Brain Research, Journal of Neurochemistry, Journal of vascular Research, several chapters of Books and journals with very respective impact factor (if you know what that means !). Have you published anything? if yes where have you published? 1000 posts in ISP forum doesnt count. what qualifications do you have?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
The whole thing came about around mamad's time and 2 factors were key. First, what Ali (ISP - not son of abitaaleb) said to identify that father, and second, and perhaps more important was the survival of women in a male dominated society where wars happened often. This resulted in there being more women around than men and due to societal issues, the women could not work and support themselves. And the 4 wives was probably due to the ration of women to men being aroudn that at the time, otherwise why not pick 3 or 5?
You are neither a scientist from what I know, nor religious or khar mazhab, but that made more sense than anything Agha Reza has posted his whole life.