why not Trezeguet?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
He has scored 15 goals in Serie A this season, he is a natural born goal scorer and is one of the best striker in the world. His class and his abilities is every coach's wish, but yet again Domenech didn't select him and preferred [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Jeremy Menez, Rennes starlet Jimmy Briand and Hatem Ben Arfa of Lyon instead of Trezeguet. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Personal differences between this two makes it unlikely for Trezeguet to be part of Les Blues and this is a real shame. He has scored 110 goals out of 182 games for old lady and is one of the most talented striker I've ever seen, it's a big crime to not select such a great player. You are a big idiot Domenech!
[/FONT]

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
holy crap, he already has 15 this season, I thought it was less than that.

He is prolly one of the greatest scorers Serie A will see, the guy knows the back of the net like it is programmed into his head. Too bad he played his career is a filthy club.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Ben Afra is more of a winger than anything else but the problem is that Trezeguet doesn't somehow match with Henry while Anelka and Benzema do it lots better and if he brings in Trezeguet, he has to play him, which again makes no sense. Don't think that it's too personal, although you never know.
Trezeguet called him an idiot once for his comments on italian football, but the guy doesn't care much about that stuff. Only with Giuly he thought that he had cheated on him with his wife..hehehehe

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
yeah its a shame. he is one of Serie-A's best striker,this season.

The thing I dont like about Domenech is, he is really ghod o yekdande and can get personal. once he says Trez, Guily, Pires, are not good enough, that means they are never good enough even for future call-ups!!

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
The guy is an idiot, isn't he? I mean didn't he refrain from picking Pires for the World Cup in '06 because of astrology?

He has scored 15 goals in Serie A this season, he is a natural born goal scorer and is one of the best striker in the world. His class and his abilities is every coach's wish, but yet again Domenech didn't select him and preferred [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Jeremy Menez, Rennes starlet Jimmy Briand and Hatem Ben Arfa of Lyon instead of Trezeguet. [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] Personal differences between this two makes it unlikely for Trezeguet to be part of Les Blues and this is a real shame. He has scored 110 goals out of 182 games for old lady and is one of the most talented striker I've ever seen, it's a big crime to not select such a great player. You are a big idiot Domenech!
[/FONT]

a_m

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2004
boston
the difference between Trezeguet and all the other player u named is that they can create their own chance also...while Trez is only a finisher....

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
yeah its a shame. he is one of Serie-A's best striker,this season.

The thing I dont like about Domenech is, he is really ghod o yekdande and can get personal. once he says Trez, Guily, Pires, are not good enough, that means they are never good enough even for future call-ups!!
he doesn't and didn't say that trezeguet is not not good enough..

the simple point is that trezeguet without a game plan like at juve where everyone shoots from outside or passes from outside to him or he has a playmaking forward next to him like del piero etc. is not really useful.
tell me 5 good games he has played in the past 10 years with henry? the two simply don't work together and for france's way of play, henry suits better.

The guy is an idiot, isn't he? I mean didn't he refrain from picking Pires for the World Cup in '06 because of astrology?

Pires had other reasons..Pires thought that Domenech's methods are for children and not for grown ups. With Mexes it was astrology apparently, Giuly was because he thought that Giuly had an affair with his wife. ;)

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Ben Afra is more of a winger than anything else but the problem is that Trezeguet doesn't somehow match with Henry while Anelka and Benzema do it lots better and if he brings in Trezeguet, he has to play him, which again makes no sense. Don't think that it's too personal, although you never know.
Trezeguet called him an idiot once for his comments on italian football, but the guy doesn't care much about that stuff. Only with Giuly he thought that he had cheated on him with his wife..hehehehe
well I know what you are saying, but Trezeguet hasn't really played ( didn't have playing time) next to Henry to begin with. This two can work out only if the coach let them play together, as it happened in Monaco, yes it was a long time ago but they know eachother well enough. As for example France vs Italy Henry was useless with Anelka but I can bet Trezeguet would have scored in that game. Trezeguet doesn't make his own chances like Anelka or Henry but him being in the field changes everything for the other team. He might be quiet all day but it takes him only few seconds to change the result of the game. however not playing him is a different story than not calling him for the team, it must be personal, as one time Trezeguet call Domenech a disgrace of France. I think it is really unfair that he doesn't get called up. As for as someone like Del Piero, Henry can do the job as he is doing it in Barcelona, No?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
well I know what you are saying, but Trezeguet hasn't really played ( didn't have playing time) next to Henry to begin with. This two can work out only if the coach let them play together, as it happened in Monaco, yes it was a long time ago but they know eachother well enough. As for example France vs Italy Henry was useless with Anelka but I can bet Trezeguet would have scored in that game. Trezeguet doesn't make his own chances like Anelka or Henry but him being in the field changes everything for the other team. He might be quiet all day but it takes him only few seconds to change the result of the game. however not playing him is a different story than not calling him for the team, it must be personal, as one time Trezeguet call Domenech a disgrace of France. I think it is really unfair that he doesn't get called up. As for as someone like Del Piero, Henry can do the job as he is doing it in Barcelona, No?
well, here is the point..

At Monaco, Henry was a really different player and after that, I believe from 2002 on until 2006 they played lots of games together, but with the way things had developed they simply couldn't play anymore together. Henry likes to move around, specially to the left and then he needs a striker moving in or moving around to play him, someone he can play 1-2s, who goes out to help him etc.
he has that at Barca, look at how he played together in the one game with Eto'o or with Bojan, but Trezeguet is a different type of striker. He is not that actively involved.
And well, unfortunately, that's the reason he is not called up maybe, he is too good.
When you call up a player of his calibre you have to play him, if not you get lots of stick and whatever. But playing him with any of the strikers and the current france team simply makes little sense.
Also, I think 2008 will be the last tournament for this generation with Henry, Anelka, Trezeguet, Vieira etc. They need to build a new generation and that will be led by guys like Benzema, Nasri, Ben Afra, Menez etc. so he sort of has to invite them.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
well, here is the point..

At Monaco, Henry was a really different player and after that, I believe from 2002 on until 2006 they played lots of games together, but with the way things had developed they simply couldn't play anymore together. Henry likes to move around, specially to the left and then he needs a striker moving in or moving around to play him, someone he can play 1-2s, who goes out to help him etc.
he has that at Barca, look at how he played together in the one game with Eto'o or with Bojan, but Trezeguet is a different type of striker. He is not that actively involved.
And well, unfortunately, that's the reason he is not called up maybe, he is too good.
When you call up a player of his calibre you have to play him, if not you get lots of stick and whatever. But playing him with any of the strikers and the current france team simply makes little sense.
Also, I think 2008 will be the last tournament for this generation with Henry, Anelka, Trezeguet, Vieira etc. They need to build a new generation and that will be led by guys like Benzema, Nasri, Ben Afra, Menez etc. so he sort of has to invite them.
well he never really played, he usually was on the bench. But what I'm saying is Trezeguet could be useful against some teams that Henry or Anelka can't do much against those teams specially Italy. All I'm saying is a player like Trezeguet not getting call up after his very impressive year is not fair. He might not suit well next to Henry but I'm sure he is more than enough for many other teams and can be useful somewhere in middle of the tournament. However It makes little sense to not include such a talent in your team IMO. Plus Trezeguet got used to sit on the bench for France doesn't he?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
He is not really used...when he was called up and fit, he usually played. At the World Cup he was not really fit, so there was an excuse.
Also, I think France has no scorer from the second line..they Vieira, Makelele, Nasri etc. non of them has really a strong shot to score from outside or shoot from outside, so..

raminio05

National Team Player
He is not really used...when he was called up and fit, he usually played. At the World Cup he was not really fit, so there was an excuse.
Also, I think France has no scorer from the second line..they Vieira, Makelele, Nasri etc. non of them has really a strong shot to score from outside or shoot from outside, so..
thats an understatement. but vieira and nasri have decent shots from outside.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
i think he should get called up if only for playing the big games where both teams play really tight, he is really usefull in those situations, all he needs is one chance.