Wish list for TM under CQ to improve

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
This Thread should only be replied by those WHO want CQ to stay.
You want CQ to leave, open up your own thread.
This is a wish list for CQ to improve our team. Lets hear your ideas.
Once Again... its to IMPROVE and not to blame!!!!

IMO CQ is the best thing that has happened for Irans football in long time. Khoda un roozioo nayareh ke tM biyofte dobareh daste morabi bi klasse khodemoon, ke faghat HARF mizanan.

CQ v.1.0 Took us to WC14
CQ v.2.0 Brought youth to the sqaud for WC and Made our defend rock solid as we showed vs Argentina.
CQ v.3.0 Has made every line strong from keeper, to defender, midfield and attack. We are good at freekicks and corners.

But couple of thigs are still missing.
1- is to play with 2 forwards, or at least teach our offensiv player to be more effective.
2- A "ALI KARIMI type" is missing. Now I don't follow IPL but don't we have ANY playmaker A. Karimi style Who can control the central attacking midfield?

btw. feel free to share your ideas.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
CQ is not gonna stay, but if he does he really needs to stop the "sit back and hope" tactic.

- Find a replacement for Nekounam and let him go.
- Put a technical player upfront instead of Shojaei and let him stay up there even when the opponent has the ball.
- Insist and teach some offside traps so we don't have to sit back so deep looking so ridiculous.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
CQ is not gonna stay, but if he does he really needs to stop the "sit back and hope" tactic.

- Find a replacement for Nekounam and let him go.
- Put a technical player upfront instead of Shojaei and let him stay up there even when the opponent has the ball.
- Insist and teach some offside traps so we don't have to sit back so deep looking so ridiculous.
the third one is the biggest problem of the 3 you named

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
TM needs to work on transitioning from defense to offense and this can be achieved only with enough practice and playing against some worthy opponents in friendly games.

As I said it's not wise to let him go. but let's be realistic, Next is World cup in 2018 and the qualification won't start before 2017 , which is 2 years from now. So what is he going to do till then ? making some changes and get rid off some old players and bring new blood ? in that case we need a handful of real friendlies , well , Can we get any ? I guess not.

My guess is ; He won't stay and let's be honest his style of coaching suits league teams than national teams .

If he happens to stay then he needs to make some drastic changes , other than that it is what it is ...

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
As I said it's not wise to let him go. but let's be realistic, Next is World cup in 2018 and the qualification won't start before 2017 , which is 2 years from now. So what is he going to do till then ? making some changes and get rid off some old players and bring new blood ? in that case we need a handful of real friendlies , well , Can we get any ? I guess not.

My guess is ; He won't stay and let's be honest his style of coaching suits league teams than national teams .

If he happens to stay then he needs to make some drastic changes , other than that it is what it is ...
Your wrong buddy.
March 12 ( in 50 days) WC18Q starts.
Iran enters the tournament on 11 june 2015. CQ better come home and prepear

Attachments

Dec 30, 2014
I hope CQ stays, but the vultures are already out circling, so chances are he will leave and the vultures will each try to get a bite or two.

Having said that:

Things to work on:

1- The fatigue of a few players was obvious. CQ has done great by bringing in depth to some positions including Goalie and defensive line. But there is not depth at the defensive midfield and playmaker positions.
Nekunam and Ando, particularly Ando ran his a** off in every game. We should develop alternatives for Neku and Ando so that in a tournament like this, we can rest these work horse players at least for one game.

2- The playmaker position is way below par compared to the rest of the team. We need to take players who show aptitude at this position and develop them as soon as possible.

Things to maintain:

3- We should absolutely keep up the conditioning at tthis level. One of the bright spots of the team was that they could play for 90 minutes, well for 120 minutes. Previous teams usually ran out of steam after 60. If CQ stays, or whoever succeeds him should insists on keeping the same level of conditioning.

4- Team discipline. This TM has been the most disciplined TM I have ever seen. The level of team unity also seems to be high. CQ did a great job booting prima donnas off the team. This should continue.

Aug 13, 2003
I hope CQ stays, but the vultures are already out circling, so chances are he will leave and the vultures will each try to get a bite or two.

Having said that:

Things to work on:

1- The fatigue of a few players was obvious. CQ has done great by bringing in depth to some positions including Goalie and defensive line. But there is not depth at the defensive midfield and playmaker positions.
Nekunam and Ando, particularly Ando ran his a** off in every game. We should develop alternatives for Neku and Ando so that in a tournament like this, we can rest these work horse players at least for one game.

2- The playmaker position is way below par compared to the rest of the team. We need to take players who show aptitude at this position and develop them as soon as possible.

Things to maintain:

3- We should absolutely keep up the conditioning at tthis level. One of the bright spots of the team was that they could play for 90 minutes, well for 120 minutes. Previous teams usually ran out of steam after 60. If CQ stays, or whoever succeeds him should insists on keeping the same level of conditioning.

4- Team discipline. This TM has been the most disciplined TM I have ever seen. The level of team unity also seems to be high. CQ did a great job booting prima donnas off the team. This should continue.

When there is a terminal cancer, you can't cure it even with the best doctors in the world. Our world cup resulted in 1 point, Asian football lost again in the quarters. Why are you pushing so hard to look the other way? Teams lined up to take their revenge. Iraq, Skorea, Australia! We are getting weaker and they are getting stronger. Don't bring in the ref as an excuse! We lost because we had a team of vaslepineh. Flaws everywere. Not good!

Feb 4, 2005
We lost because we had a team of vaslepineh. Flaws everywere. Not good!
We've had teams of vasleh pineh for many years now. Even the great players of 90's were only individually great. Difference this time was we had a good tailor who did a relatively good vasleh pineh with bunch of average players. We did great in this game considering we were a man down for 80 minutes and penalty shootouts, well what can one say?

Aug 13, 2003
We've had teams of vasleh pineh for many years now. Even the great players of 90's were only individually great. Difference this time was we had a good tailor who did a relatively good vasleh pineh with bunch of average players. We did great in this game considering we were a man down for 80 minutes and penalty shootouts, well what can one say?
Remember Brasil lost at home in the finals by 7 goals to the German. Why? Because of lack of planning. the Germans draw a plan 10 years earlier with their youth program and it paid off. Now our youth teams loses to mickeymouse teams like the Vietnam or the Vatican. That is a difference between modern germans and fossil Iranian football mafia....The end results always speaks for itself. Now lets blame the hotel, the ref, the field..everybody is trying to save his job....In a modern society, winning is everything. In a backward society losing is always blamed to the others. Did kaf take full responsibility? Did CQ said I am to be blamed? No all bunch of sisis.. meanwhile the dunkeys who are running the system back home are laughing all the way to the bank...

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
When there is a terminal cancer, you can't cure it even with the best doctors in the world. Our world cup resulted in 1 point, Asian football lost again in the quarters. Why are you pushing so hard to look the other way? Teams lined up to take their revenge. Iraq, Skorea, Australia! We are getting weaker and they are getting stronger. Don't bring in the ref as an excuse! We lost because we had a team of vaslepineh. Flaws everywere. Not good!
Teams lined up to take revenge because they could not get passed us. With the fact that we had only TWO friendlies before this Asian Cup we came in played the game and won our 3 group matches without giving up a single goal. I'd say that's pretty good. Did we play beautifully? No. Did we win? Yes. We need to rebuild our midfield but our defense looks good and we have promising forwards so how are we getting weaker? By what definition are we getting weaker? With ten men we scored two goals on Iraq. Weak teams don't do that. When we do attack we tend to do well. We utilize our set pieces extremely well unlike teams of the past. Yeah we have some flaws but flaws everywhere? What are they?

Don't get me wrong, I hate sitting back and playing a counter attacking game but this style has put a discipline in the team that they have not for a while. We have a coach that is not walked over by players and calls his own shots (at least from what we can tell from the outside). I hope he makes some changes so we play a more attacking style but I also think to do that we need a few quality players in the midfield. We need to have someone who can control the ball and make a player or two miss. The only player we have today who is close to that is Shojaei who can easily draw fouls and make someone do something stupid and he's 1/3 of Ali Karimi.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Remember Brasil lost at home in the finals by 7 goals to the German. Why? Because of lack of planning. the Germans draw a plan 10 years earlier with their youth program and it paid off. Now our youth teams loses to mickeymouse teams like the Vietnam or the Vatican. That is a difference between modern germans and fossil Iranian football mafia....The end results always speaks for itself. Now lets blame the hotel, the ref, the field..everybody is trying to save his job....In a modern society, winning is everything. In a backward society losing is always blamed to the others. Did kaf take full responsibility? Did CQ said I am to be blamed? No all bunch of sisis.. meanwhile the dunkeys who are running the system back home are laughing all the way to the bank...
We've been having this discussion for over 15 years now. Long term planning needs to happen with the youth team and build all the way up. What's our 5 year 10 year 15 year plan. Iran today is not Germany or anywhere close to it. It's not even Japan, South Korea or Australia. Shit we don't even have the foresight to plan as far ahead as UAE or Qatar are. So I'll take what I can even though I don't like it.

Aug 13, 2003
Teams lined up to take revenge because they could not get passed us. With the fact that we had only TWO friendlies before this Asian Cup we came in played the game and won our 3 group matches without giving up a single goal. I'd say that's pretty good. Did we play beautifully? No. Did we win? Yes. We need to rebuild our midfield but our defense looks good and we have promising forwards so how are we getting weaker? By what definition are we getting weaker? With ten men we scored two goals on Iraq. Weak teams don't do that. When we do attack we tend to do well. We utilize our set pieces extremely well unlike teams of the past. Yeah we have some flaws but flaws everywhere? What are they?

Don't get me wrong, I hate sitting back and playing a counter attacking game but this style has put a discipline in the team that they have not for a while. We have a coach that is not walked over by players and calls his own shots (at least from what we can tell from the outside). I hope he makes some changes so we play a more attacking style but I also think to do that we need a few quality players in the midfield. We need to have someone who can control the ball and make a player or two miss. The only player we have today who is close to that is Shojaei who can easily draw fouls and make someone do something stupid and he's 1/3 of Ali Karimi.
Great points! We are a society under the sanction, bankrupted economy, oil near $40 barrel, ...football and fixing the league and the infrastructure is not a priority. Once you fix it then it will pay dividents. They need to go back to the old days and figure out how Iran won 3 straights .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Keep CQ & bring an attacking coach to work along his side. The members who kept saying we play defensive because we don't have attacking players were proven wrong as we scored 2 goals with one fewer player. In fact our attacking players are much better than our midfielders (Nekounam had an abysmal tourney except for 1 game out of 4; Ashkan (form has gone down since going to the Arab league); Ando (not the same player he used to be) & Shojaie (I don't even have to go there).

Aug 13, 2003
Keep CQ & bring an attacking coach to work along his side. The members who kept saying we play defensive because we don't have attacking players were proven wrong as we scored 2 goals with one fewer player. In fact our attacking players are much better than our midfielders (Nekounam had an abysmal tourney except for 1 game out of 4; Ashkan (form has gone down since going to the Arab league); Ando (not the same player he used to be) & Shojaie (I don't even have to go there).
I say put money on the youth teams. Prep them for 2022. We don't have much to say for 2018. 3 years away. We will probably won't make it. League is not producing quality players. Foreign base players so far made the diff. but they are few in numbers. Even those foreign base players who are moving to money countries of the arab league will suffer the concequences and will deteriorate. Our only hope is to fix the base. Remember our volleyball team?HUMMMM. Our youth is ranked number 3 in the world. I wonder why our senior team is in top 10 in the world? Hummmmms sometimes the answers are close by!