With IRIB off the air in the U.S. & Europe how are going to watch the games now

Varand

Football Fan
Dec 9, 2003
Hi guys, after being away for a long long time, I'm back. An issue has gotten me thinking, and that is the fact that due to sanctions on Iran, IRIB is off the air in the U.S. & Europe. How are we going to watch the games live? Most online streams are down, and the ones that work keep freezing. Even GLWIZ is off the air, they are out off Canada with servers in Europe. The league is about to begin, any ideas???

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
Hi guys, after being away for a long long time, I'm back. An issue has gotten me thinking, and that is the fact that due to sanctions on Iran, IRIB is off the air in the U.S. & Europe. How are we going to watch the games live? Most online streams are down, and the ones that work keep freezing. Even GLWIZ is off the air, they are out off Canada with servers in Europe. The league is about to begin, any ideas???
you can't unless you want the lousy online streaming version.but if you are a u.s. citizen i suggest you fire off an email or call your local aipac agent,otherwise known as your congress person,and ask them why are they censoring iranian media access for american citizens.

Varand

Football Fan
Dec 9, 2003
you can't unless you want the lousy online streaming version.but if you are a u.s. citizen i suggest you fire off an email or call your local aipac agent,otherwise known as your congress person,and ask them why are they censoring iranian media access for american citizens.

I can honestly care less for their stupid propaganda and lies, what will be interesting is watching the U.S. based sports programs on the Iranian Satellite Stations. They get 90% of their footage from IRIB or YouTube, but even on YouTube there will be less videos, since the people uploading those clips are outside Iran and unless they live in countries that have access to Badr5 or Arabsat 5C satellites. Those satellite signals only beam on the middle east and central Asia, they're partially owned by the Iranian government and they own 2 transponders on there, so they will continue showing those programs.

The explanation is below on the grounds for the blockage:

US Senate to blacklist and block the assets of Iranian broadcaster IRIB

The US Senate is set to consider new economic sanctions against Iran that would include the blacklisting and blocking the assets of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB).
The new sanctions, among other economic features, would blacklist the IRIB and its president, block all the IRIB assets and prevent others from doing business with it.
The proposed sanction that would hit the IRIB is another attempt by the West to silence Iranian media. In a flagrant violation of the freedom of speech, two satellite providers Eutelsat SA and Intelsat SA stopped the broadcast of several Iranian satellite channels in October, citing pressure by the European Union.
Earlier this month, the Hong Kong-based Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) also took all Iranian channels off air in East Asia under pressure from the US.
The new sanctions to be considered by the US Senate could also target transactions for goods and services with Iran’s energy, oil, port, shipping and ship-building sectors. They would also target trade with Iran in graphite and precious metals.
The bans would also ban insurance or reinsurance providers from trading with Iran in energy, shipping and ship-building sectors, as well as with designated persons and entities.
Foreign banks that handle transactions for Iranian persons that have been designated by the United States could also be targeted by the proposed embargoes.
US lawmakers say the fresh move is part of measures aimed at pressuring Iran to halt its nuclear energy program.
The proposal could be put into vote by the Senate as early as Thursday. It would be included in the annual defense policy bill and must be approved by the Senate and the House of Representatives before it could become law.
US President Barack Obama will finally sign the sanctions into law after they are approved by the Senate and the House of Representatives.
The United States, Israel and some of their allies have repeatedly accused Iran of pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy program.
Over the false allegation, Washington and the European Union have imposed illegal unilateral sanctions against the Islamic Republic.
Iran refutes the allegations and argues that as a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency, it is entitled to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Welcome back Varand jan. I have a GLBox & all my IR channels are on except for most of the shahrestani ones like Isfahan and Fars but I have jame jam 1 2 & 3 and IRIB 1 2 3 4 & 5.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Welcome back Varand jan. I have a GLBox & all my IR channels are on except for most of the shahrestani ones like Isfahan and Fars but I have jame jam 1 2 & 3 and IRIB 1 2 3 4 & 5.
maybe Glbox is different but GLwiz.com has them all blocked!!

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
I may do that after you write a letter to your representative Emam Jommeh in Iran and ask them to not send parazit on satellite channels in Iran and don't confiscate people's satellite dishes.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
It is. I paid $300 for the box & am paying $10 a month.
hm. not sure where they are getting their feed then. It can't be US or Europe b/c its all block from satellite from there. It could be some where in Asia or middle east. I guess they don't want to show it on their website since its part of sanction and they might get in trouble.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Zob what is GL box?

Some info please. If you like, use PM.
Its a receiver that is connected to internet. When we moved 2 years ago I was too lazy to take down the dish. I did some research & I decided to give the GL Box a try. So far I am happy with it. If you call GLWIZ they will ship you one. I bought mine in Westwood from the music store across the street from Shahrzad Restaurant. It is wireless and have a ton of Iranian movies and serials (even the ones that are dar hale pakhsh in Iran). They even have a plan that you pay a couple of hundred dollars and as long as the receiver works you don't have to pay the monthly fees. So far it has been good but if the US gov't stops it then I am F'ed.

Varand

Football Fan
Dec 9, 2003
Thanks buddy, I enjoy coming back to this forum. Are you sure, about GLWIZ? I've checked everywhere and called a few places dealing with IPTV and doesn't look good for the soccer fans. The GLWIZ message says: "به علت اعمال تحريم ، اين شبكه در دسترس نمى باشد".

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Thanks buddy, I enjoy coming back to this forum. Are you sure, about GLWIZ? I've checked everywhere and called a few places dealing with IPTV and doesn't look good for the soccer fans. The GLWIZ message says: "به علت اعمال تحريم ، اين شبكه در دسترس نمى باشد".

Which channel said that? All of them? Remember its GLBOX not GLWIZ. They are owned by GLWIZ but its not free like GLWIZ and the quality is much better. I went through the channels last night. Only IRIB2 was out but I didn't think much of it. I'll try it again tonight.

Varand

Football Fan
Dec 9, 2003
I have the GLBox and a regular dish and non of them work at this point. I'll go home and check ot again. This sucks, I really wanted to watch the IPL games.

Nov 29, 2002
Ardesheer said:
I may do that after you write a letter to your representative Emam Jommeh in Iran and ask them to not send parazit on satellite channels in Iran and don't confiscate people's satellite dishes..
Chief, can you answer his retort to your initial jibe, or are your balls still firmly entrenched in your body cavity like your protege Hassani who runs away any time someone calls him on his BS

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
OK. I just checked IRIB1 & IRIB 2 and IRIB 3 are gone. shabake 1 through 5 are still on. All IPL games are on shabakeh 3 so if they don't take that one off air we can still watch IPL games.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I just called them up & they said that they are working on finding the signals of the ones that are off but sounds like BS. We are receiving the ones that are for inside Iran only.