World Cup 2018 Draw

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There are plenty of reasons we can beat Morroco , remember 4 years ago you said Argentina wll demolish us and in the end they were lucky to have the ref on their side and Messi in the 91st minute !

Yeah Morocco is a good team but we have not been a bad team either in the last few years , hopefully we have a better preparation this time and being our second world cup in the row and their first in 20 odd years why shouldn't we go into this game with every chance of beating them ?
Actually 4 years ago, I said Iran's defensive tactics will most likely result in a low-scoring game, but an early goal by Argentina could end up causing a thrashing. I don't think any team in the world expects to beat Iran with a high margin (how can they with that giant bus in front of our goal?!) but in this world cup the logical expectation is for Iran to lose every game. The betting odds will prove that.

Minus miracles and unexpected events, I just don't understand how some of you guys create these imaginary scenarios in your head and present them as expectations.

The expectation should be 3 low-margin losses for Iran. Anything else would be a complete surprise. Even a single draw against Morocco would be above expectations.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
England, Italy, uruguay and Costa Rica 2014. Some good friendlies and a lot of luck needed though. A tie or loss for us against Morocco is definitely end of any hope.
True, Costa Rica made some serious upsets advancing through that group, and we will continue to see insane upsets like that every once in a while. Its just that IMO Irans case and getting out of this group is even more difficult than the road Costa Rica had back then. IMO Costa Rica had a much better team that year with players like Ruiz and Campbell as well as excellent Keylor Navas in goal than Iran has today. At the same time Both Spain and Portugal today are better teams than the washed out teams England and Italy was back in 2014.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
We did, and in the end we lost just as expected, even if we stood up great against them. I think its great that you mention this match, because I believe that in any competition/match its OK to hold your head up high if you give everything you have and do your very best but still loose. But never in my life have I seen fans CELEBRATE a LOSS the way we did after loosing against Argentina. I just cant get it around my head, and never have I seen this phenomena anywhere else in the world
It's pathetic.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Actually 4 years ago, I said Iran's defensive tactics will most likely result in a low-scoring game, but an early goal by Argentina could end up causing a thrashing. I don't think any team in the world expects to beat Iran with a high margin (how can they with that giant bus in front of our goal?!) but in this world cup the logical expectation is for Iran to lose every game. The betting odds will prove that.

Minus miracles and unexpected events, I just don't understand how some of you guys create these imaginary scenarios in your head and present them as expectations.

The expectation should be 3 low-margin losses for Iran. Anything else would be a complete surprise. Even a single draw against Morocco would be above expectations.
it's all part of the excitement of the game ,it is a game after all ,yeah chances are not great and odds are not good but what the hell ...you go into any battle and do your best and remember our opponents need to do their best and anything can happen .

Morocco and Iran are both good enough to beat each other ,there is more pressure on them after a 30 year absence ..

May 9, 2004
تو گروه خیلی سختی افتایم
تیم چهارم ما که مراکشه تو مقدماتی هیچ گلی نخورده
و بازیکنانی مثل
مهدی بن عطیه (یوونتوس)ا
اشرف حکیمی(رئال مادرید)ا
زهیر فضال (رئال بتیس )ا
هاشم مستور (میلان )ا
امین حاریث (شالکه )ا
حمزه مندیل (لیل )ا
سوفیانه بوفال ( ساوتهامبپتون)ا
حکیم زباش (اژاکس)ا
کریم ال احمد ( فاینورزد)ا
و و بازیکن دیدیگه که در فنرباغچه و لگانس بازی میکنن
یعنی یک تیم کاملا حرفه ای اروپایی
با داشتن بازیکنانی در تیمهایی مثل یوونتوس و میلان و رئال مادرید
پرتقال هم که قهرمان اروپاست اسپانیا هم که بارسلونه

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Minus miracles and unexpected events,
Actually I think even miracles of the miracles wont be able to help Iran this time around.

Anyways, yes, we park the bus and we will probably lose by low margins but I'm not sure about that against Spain! If anything their game is made for opening up teams like Iran! I wouldn't be surprised if Spain handed us the worst loss we've had under CQ!

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
به نظر من الان دیگر وقتش هست تا شجاعی را به تیم*** ملی*** دعوت کنند.شجاعی با سالها تجربه در لیگ اسپانیا کمک بزرگی*** برای خط هافبک ما خواهد بود بخصوص جلوی اسپانیا و پرتقال.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Here is my take and I am not being negative or positive. For me qualifying for World Cup is an accomplishment in itself. Our expectations have to somehow be based on a realistic understanding of our overall talent level, football infrastructure, professional league, and the preparation. Of course the ball is round and anything is possible; however I tend to rely on these parameters as indication of what I could realistically expect to see from TM. I am looking at WC2018 as a chance for us to play 3 games with top quality teams in a competition that matters. That is it. Hopefully we have some nice friendly games, but if recent history is any indication, we most likely will NOT get this wish. I am hoping for a decent showing and hope that some of our talent like Azmoon will get a chance to showcase their talent to the world. That is it.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
Is this real?

دلهستان، اروگوئه و قطر حریفان تیم ملی ایران در یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه در قطرمسئولان لهستان، اروگوئه و قطر بعد از قرعه کشی جام جهانی 2018 روسیه موافقت اولیه خود را با برگزاری یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه با حضور ایران اعلام کردند.
به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، قرعه کشی جام جهانی 2018 روسیه شب گذشته برگزار شد و 32 تیم حاضر در این رقابت***های حریفان خود را شناختند.

بعد از مشخص شدن قرعه کشی مسئولان فدراسیون ایران با مسئولان فدراسیون های لهستان، اروگوئه و قطر رایزنی کردند تا یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه در کشور قطر برگزار کنند.

این سه کشور موافقت خود را با این مسئله اعلام کردند و باید در ادامه توافقات نهایی صورت بگیرد تا این تورنمنت در زمانی که اعلام خواهد شد برگزار شود.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Iran will give Morocco a really hard time and won't be surprised if we beat them. Talked with few Moroccans friends who are die hard football fans and they really rate high TM.

May 12, 2007
You know what I think. I think IFF is considering to replace CQ with Branko. Branko is cheaper less demanding and the chances to go to next round is not much. Besides CQ comes from portogal. Branko has not signed with Perspolis yet that maybe the reason. CQ demands lots of money to prepare TM and it will be difficult for him to convince IFF. He may go to Australia later.
If CQ stays he should make good plan to win Morocco and Spain because he comes from Portogal.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Is this real?

دلهستان، اروگوئه و قطر حریفان تیم ملی ایران در یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه در قطرمسئولان لهستان، اروگوئه و قطر بعد از قرعه کشی جام جهانی 2018 روسیه موافقت اولیه خود را با برگزاری یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه با حضور ایران اعلام کردند.
به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، قرعه کشی جام جهانی 2018 روسیه شب گذشته برگزار شد و 32 تیم حاضر در این رقابت***های حریفان خود را شناختند.

بعد از مشخص شدن قرعه کشی مسئولان فدراسیون ایران با مسئولان فدراسیون های لهستان، اروگوئه و قطر رایزنی کردند تا یک تورنمنت چهارجانبه در کشور قطر برگزار کنند.

این سه کشور موافقت خود را با این مسئله اعلام کردند و باید در ادامه توافقات نهایی صورت بگیرد تا این تورنمنت در زمانی که اعلام خواهد شد برگزار شود.
Poland is a good friendly but I don't understand Uruguay! Their style is not even close to the style of European teams. Why not taking Holland or Italy?! Even if they bring their reserves it would be good for TM! Also we need to play either Tunisia or Egypt!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
هنوز یک روز از قرعه کشی نگذشته ملت هزار تا جک در موردش درست کردن. ریدم به مؤسسه ای که ایران رو افسرده ترین کشور دنیا شناسایی کرد.

:d