World Cup 2018 Draw

Oct 18, 2010
the usual emotional outbursts from the persian crowd on the draw.
so what's new and different?
but please stop posting misinformation.

morocco lost a match in the 2nd round so they did give up a
goal.

Morocco 2–1 Equatorial Guinea 2–0 0–1

moreover the african qualifying this time was an absolute joke.
morocco qualified playing a total of 8 matches with a 4-3-1 record
and got their ticket.not very impressive.

and don't confuse la liga with spain.the teams in la liga employ some
of the best players in the world the vast majority of whom are not
spanish.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I have few Moroccan friends and just talked with two of them. They play a very defensive style generally. It will be tough to score against them.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
At least, we are going to play some amazing teams. We are not contender for world cup so why not try to play good against these teams whether we win or lose.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Best team in Asia , first Asian team to qualify
and the only Asian in pot three and we get
the worst draw.
Damn life is not fair.

I wish we were in Saudis or Japan’s
group.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I have few Moroccan friends and just talked with two of them. They play a very defensive style football generally. It will be tough to score against them.
It's tough to score against any team, even Iran. At the end of the day you to rely on players like Azmoon, Jahanbakhsh, Ashkan to deliver, it is up to them to come up with the goods, they have done it in big games against big teams, so they need to take their chances well.

May 12, 2007
I just finished watching Rassia 3 Spain 3 highlights. Two of the goals were penalty. They are not specially better than Iran. We should win the two first games.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
The way Spain handles the ball and makes short passes, our defense won't have much of a chance, and they will score goals. But, we have a reasonable chance of winning in the other two games. The fact that Morocco is also a good team is advantageous too, because Morocco may also beat Portugal. So, even if we get one point from the first two games, we will have a chance to advance based on the third game. Don't be so dismissive of Iran's chances. My guess is that Spain will go through, and the fight for the second place will be between Iran, Portugal and Morocco.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
Beating Morocco will be very difficult, but if Iran wins that match, CQ and his friend, Fernando Santos, can come up with a result for the last match that benefits both teams.;) That is a scenario in which a draw would send both teams to the next round, but that would also require that Portugal wins against Spain and Morocco before its last match against Iran.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Optimism is most often a good thing, but the optimism of some Iranian fans have just blown so much out of proportion that is seems they have lost all touch with reality. Advancing through this group before Spain or Portugal?? Is this something people truly believe is possible or something that is fun to say to cheer up fans? Im confused.

Sure, there is ALWAYS a possibility for everything, Trump is a living proof of that. BUT, in this case there is a higher possibility of Iceland winning the entire world cup than Iran advancing through this group.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
What a scary group we got. :O

The problem is our offensive power isnt good. Sardar isnt scoring as much and looks lost these days. So we need to rely on Jahanbakhsh and Ghodoos or Kaveh Rezaei
It would come handy against bus-type defensive teams like Portugal.

But sweet jesus Iran-Spain would be one great match to watch. :)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Beating Morocco will be very difficult, but if Iran wins that match, CQ and his friend, Fernando Santos, can come up with a result for the last match that benefits both teams.;) That is a scenario in which a draw would send both teams to the next round, but that would also require that Portugal wins against Spain and Morocco before its last match against Iran.
I know you are not serious, but even if such fantasy where to be true how would that make Iran advance over Spain? In this scenario Iran would end up with 4 points, Portugal with 7 and Spain with 6, unless you are also assuming Morocco beats Spain too??

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
But sweet jesus Iran-Spain would be one great match to watch. :)
It's gonna be a blood bath where Iran barely touches the ball. Did you guys see what Spain did to Italy in qualifying? I can't even imagine how bad this is going to be for Iran. Just the absolute worst team for Iran to play.