World Cup 2018 - News, fixtures, rumors prior to kick off on June 14

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Joe Hart hurt for not being included in the world cup squad ,former England goalie with 75 caps aged 31 wished England players all the best and said he will be wearing his England Jersey on and cheering them on .

Joe Hart needs to come and learn a bit of sportsmanship from our neck of woods ...the likes of Rahmati ,Qalenoie , Zolfagharnasab etc..

I told you guys a couple of years ago to watch out for Jordan Pickford ....here he is in place of Joe Hart who is only 31 years old with bags of experience .

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Russian Central Bank issues new bill just for the WC

image.jpeg

On one side there is kid with a football in hand dreaming about L. Yashin, the legendary goalie of USSR; on the other side there is a football with earth super imposed on it. The map of Russia is highlighted on the ball and the name of hosting cities are written below it.

Feb 4, 2005
Romero ruled out of World Cup finals
Manchester United and Argentina keeper Sergio Romero will miss the World Cup finals due to a knee injury.

The South American stopper was hurt in a challenge with Diego Costa when representing his country in a friendly against Spain in March. Although he fought his way back to feature in United's final Premier League match of the season, performing well and keeping a clean sheet against Watford, the latest development is a real blow.

A statement on the Argentinian Football Association's website read: "Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero will be removed from the list of 23 players who will participate in the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.

"The Manchester United player today suffered a joint blockage in his right knee which requires surgery."

Argentina have called up Nahuel Guzman of Tigres to replace Romero, who appeared in the World Cup final against Germany four years ago.

Team-mate for club and country, Marcos Rojo, posted the message 'Fuerza Chiqui' ('Be strong, Tiny - his nickname) on Instagram in support of his friend.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Big blow to Argentina. The defense was already shaky, Romero is a good goal keeper. He has done great so far as back up to DeGea in Untied. sad to see him out of WC. :(

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
morocco holding ukraine to a 0-0 70 minutes
and senegal can't score on luxembourgh

something tells me the moroccan defence seems hard to crack.

no goals conceded in qualifying and in a friendly they are holding it together.
Chances of us scoring against this defense is very slim... they have the best defense in African teams.. I am telling you we are officially fucked!!! It will be worse than 2014 WC. 3 loses.. At least we got 1 point back then.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Chances of us scoring against this defense is very slim... they have the best defense in African teams.. I am telling you we are officially fucked!!! It will be worse than 2014 WC. 3 loses.. At least we got 1 point back then.
Mate there are no easy games in the world cup , who ever take their chances better wins , don't matter much who you meet bar few , we have as much chance as Morroco ,

What I hate to see is players missing the target ,you hit the target or must come very close and make their keeper work ,there is no excuse if you don't as a pro .

I tell you we will go into Morroco game picking a battle with high spirits , if we walk away with a 2 goal victory I won't be surprised ,if we lose with that score I will be disappointed but as long they try their best and give it all and lose to a better opponent then that's part of the game ,accept it graciously ..