World Cup 2018 official Groups

Will Iran make it to WC 18 knockout stage?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sly jan.
From 3rd seed team's point of view Iran got the strongest 1&2 in a group possible. and as you know only 2 teams matter from each group so...
True, we were most unlucky among pot 3 teams. but what I'm saying is there are other teams (in pot 4) who have it as difficult as Iran, if not more. 3rd seed team is just a name! People talk about group of death as if Iran is in the most difficult group among all teams in the WC which is not true. If you look at some of those other teams (not necessarily from pot 3) you see only Japan and Saudi Arabia were somewhat lucky to end up in fairly easier groups.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
World Cup group-stage match schedules. CET time
I have made a template for this calendar. if you guys need it with another time zone, drop a comment I'll make one for you.

IRN MAR FRI June 15th 17:00
IRN ESP WED June 20th 20:00
IRN POR MON June 26th 20:00

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
strange thing to notice.
Since 80's last group matches have been at the same time for all group teams to avoid froud.
Look at group F and G
at the last day, Germany and Korea already know the result of Sweden Mexico match
So does England Belgium about Panama Tunesia match.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I hate the times of the matches. Euro centric garbage.
Let us people in North America enjoy the games at a decent time for once!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
World Cup group-stage match schedules. CET time
I have made a template for this calendar. if you guys need it with another time zone, drop a comment I'll make one for you.

IRN MAR FRI June 15th 17:00
IRN ESP WED June 20th 20:00
IRN POR MON June 26th 20:00

Thanks man, will share it in our facebook page, baa ejaazeh!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
There was another poll on TeamMeli chances the other day, I voted final whereon some fellas just guffaw loud and hearty about it, good for them, I aint no fuckin care!
I mean at the end of the day (July 15th of 2018 in Moscow) we are going to celebrate a winner team to sky heights, who knows which team it might be, you never know, do you?
Some say you should not raise the expectations of a team like the TeamMeli, why not is my respond, why not?

I bet my $100 on TeamMeli and just dream on, thats all I can do beside NOT whining.
You cant be called a fan, if you not trust and root for your team.
Goooooo TeamMeli.... gooooo whatever it happens, what so ever, I cheer for you!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think from group D's point of view, their group with Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria should be an even more difficult group.

People say our group is the group of death only because Spain are former world champions and have Barcelona reputation under their belt and Portugal are the European champions. but if we look at group G, Panama have to face Belgium, England and Tunisia. The same goes with group F where the South Koreans have to face Argentina, Sweden and Mexico. That's also very difficult! Look at Costa Rica's group: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland. I don't think we could manage to advance to the second round from that group either.

Other than somewhat group A and group H, the rest of the groups are very difficult actually. So we are not alone.
I don't know about that mate because Argentina are not as tough as they were four years ago. Actually between Argentina and Nigeria, I am picking NIGERIA to win that game. Last time the two played, Nigeria won 4-2. I agree that Croatia, Iceland and Nigeria are tough but the Arges are overrated. They were about to play NZ in the playoffs, until they saved themselves in the last game. Overall from 1-4, our group is the toughest group. Would you rather play Croatia as the #2 or Spain? Spain is a #1 team but because of Russia, Spain got bumped down to pot 2. That is the GROUP OF DEATH #3 Portugal #6 Spain #38 Iran #40 Morocco who is arguably the toughest African team they didn't give up a goal in WCQ.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't know about that mate because Argentina are not as tough as they were four years ago. Actually between Argentina and Nigeria, I am picking NIGERIA to win that game. Last time the two played, Nigeria won 4-2. I agree that Croatia, Iceland and Nigeria are tough but the Arges are overrated. They were about to play NZ in the playoffs, until they saved themselves in the last game. Overall from 1-4, our group is the toughest group. Would you rather play Croatia as the #2 or Spain? Spain is a #1 team but because of Russia, Spain got bumped down to pot 2. That is the GROUP OF DEATH #3 Portugal #6 Spain #38 Iran #40 Morocco who is arguably the toughest African team they didn't give up a goal in WCQ.
1, 2 or 3 are just numbers! They don't really describe the true strength of the teams. Spain is the toughest team in our group and should be compared with pot 1 teams. Make no mistakes about that.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
1, 2 or 3 are just numbers! They don't really describe the true strength of the teams. Spain is the toughest team in our group and should be compared with pot 1 teams. Make no mistakes about that.
I agree and mentioned that Spain is not a pot 2 team. The rankings are just that, a ranking it does not mean anything. However, every team in that group is tough Portugal, Spain and Morocco. Between those three though, I think the way Spain plays the tika tika style, that is going to give our defense fits. Well, we can't do anything about the draw, it is what it is but as New York Yankees Yogi Berra once said, "It ain't over until it's over!"

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Seriously, who are the ones who voted for/believe Iran will qualify from Group?
Just so we know, bc they'll owe us(realistic ones) some Kebab Momtaz after the group games!

I'd be more than happy with 4 points from this group (1 win over Morocco, and 1 tie against Spain at best). Portugal is a beast with their flawless(bus-type) defense.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Seriously, who are the ones who voted for/believe Iran will qualify from Group?
Just so we know, bc they'll owe us(realistic ones) some Kebab Momtaz after the group games!

I'd be more than happy with 4 points from this group (1 win over Morocco, and 1 tie against Spain at best). Portugal is a beast with their flawless(bus-type) defense.
I was one of them. So do I have to buy Kabob if Iran makes it or eliminated?

Last edited: