World Cup 2018 official pots. Pick a Group for Iran.

How far will Iran go in world Cup 2018?

• Group stage

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • last 16

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • last 8

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Semi finals

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Final

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2005
Poland ,Peru ,Panama , Persia

All Ps but no Piss taking ,:15:

Just don't fancy playing against Spain or Brazil .... I take my chances against any other team ....
Best possible group. Russia may still be worse than Poland but avoiding host nation is always good. Peru and Panama are (at least on paper) easiest we can get from pots 2 and 4 respectively

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My ideal group would be 1-Rus 2- Croatia 3-Iran 4- Morocco. I had a difficult time picking between Peru and Croatia for our pot 2 team. Honestly, some of the pot four teams can beat the pot two and three teams, like Nigeria so this really does not mean anything. I would want to either play Russia or Argentina in pot one and we have a 25% chance of that happening. A disaster group would be
1-Germany or France
2- Spain
3-Iran
4-Serbia

@Kian Pars Poland, Mexico and Morocco, are you sure about that, that would be suicide for Iran.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So funny to see English "The Sun" and Spanish "AS", talking about Iran as the easiest draw for Spain or England.
I hope Iran can prove them wrong.
Well, let's face it! In pot 3, Iran IS the easiest team! Both on paper and in reality! :rolleyes:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
About time our fortunes change for the better, in all the world cups that we have been so far we had bad lucks, either by bad referee calls or injuries.
4 penalty kicks went injustly against us, one each against Holland and Peru and two we deserved to be awarded against USA and Argentina.
Add Hassan Roshan and Adelkhani, Mazloomi in 78 and Ali Karimi, Abedzadeh and few others.
We have really been hard done by referees.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think Iran will finish last in their group even if Iran don't qualify, it is going to be very close, unless we happen to be in the Group of Death, we get a strong #2 Spain. Speaking of which, SPAIN GOT JOBBED! They are the #3 ranked team in the WORLD but because RUSSIA steals a #1 seed, Spain get's bumped to #2. My question is why didn't they put a team like Belgium as a #2, Spain is a top three team. I really think it depends on the luck of the draw but if we end up in a similar group to last time, we have a solid 50/50 chance of qualifying to the next round. That is why I put Iran goes to the 2nd round. Let's be positive fellas, let's not think we are done before the WC even started. I would LOVE to draw either Russia or Argentina as our one, I think Iran have a very good chance of getting a draw, vs both teams. Argentina are not waht they used to be five years ago. Also I noticed Serbia and Nigeria are #4 seeds, talk about a STRONG FOUR. Hopefully, on Dec 1st, we get an early Christmas gift and some Slava Rus love.

Status
Not open for further replies.