World Cup 2018 official pots. Pick a Group for Iran.

How far will Iran go in world Cup 2018?

• Group stage

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • last 16

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • last 8

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Semi finals

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Final

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Come on guys, he created a poll, lets be serious on your voting...
I voted for 2nd round. BTW @ Zob Ahan there are thee teams I do not want to see in Iran's group as the #1 and you mentioned one of them, Brazil. The other two are Germany and France. In the 2nd group I don't want to see Spain and another strong 2 is England. in the fourth group, I hope we can avoid Serbia and Nigeria. BTW I was thinking Croatia as well and picked them. Ideal group for Iran
1-Argentina
2-Croatia
3-Iran
4- Morocco
Group of Death for Iran
2-Either Germany, France or Brazil as the 1
Spain as the 2
and Serbia or Nigeria as the 4.

Feb 4, 2005
Come on guys, he created a poll, lets be serious on your voting, don't spam the thread lol
YAZID should be punished. He created the poll without groups being known yet. Bad planning!!! The thread should be spammed beyond imagination and then he should be forced to create a new one after the draw on Dec 1.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
hanoz group maloume nashode ke. lol

Iran is easily among the weakest 3 of the tournament at this moment (Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia). Even the easiest group possible for Iran (whatever you guys wished for in this thread) contains 3 stronger teams than Iran.

The mentality among Iran's players and manager is very conservative, which eliminates any chance of a surprise showing. Contrary to teams like Australia and Japan who despite not being much stronger than Iran, are very brave teams and have produced some remarkably competitive performances before. South Korea too is very brave at times.

Overall, I find Iran one of the most fearful teams of the tournament, if not the most fearful. Fear never pays.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Iran is easily among the weakest 3 of the tournament at this moment (Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia).
You can't be serious!?

Panama, Australia, possibly Costa Rica are weaker. Then there's the unknown teams Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia who could be weaker.

And the most overrated team of the tournament Argentina, who Messi had to carry big time to clinch, can't really score and last week lost to Nigeria. Not saying we are better, just pointing out that they are really, really bad, right now.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You can't be serious!?

Panama, Australia, possibly Costa Rica are weaker. Then there's the unknown teams Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia who could be weaker.

And the most overrated team of the tournament Argentina, who Messi had to carry big time to clinch, can't really score and last week lost to Nigeria. Not saying we are better, just pointing out that they are really, really bad, right now.
Iran is weaker than every single team you just named.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
btw. THanx to irans dobbel victory (PAN / VEN) and thanx to AUS making only a win and draw against low ranked HON,
in December rankings Iran (32) will remain Kings of Asia, as AUS (39) will still be behind.
If we don't screw up, I guess this will be the first time Iran is King of Asia, in all 4 years between 2 world cups.

Nov 24, 2002
Iran is weaker than every single team you just named.
Iran is no way weaker than Australia, haven't you seen Aussie results in this qualifications? Don't base your judgement on Honduras match. Honduras was shitty side anyway. Iran is stronger than All of Asian teams at this points and can challenge most of African teams(which suffer of instability), and teams such as Peru, Russia, Swiss, Costa Rica, Panama.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Panama, Australia, possibly Costa Rica are weaker.
Costa Rica is not weaker than Iran! They are actually really good and entertaining.

Iran may not be among the 3 weakest teams in the WC but we are undeniably among 5 weakest teams:

Panama, Australia, Saudiarabia, South Korea, Iran!

However, in football many thing can happen. With a good tactic and if we are mentally well prepared, in addition to a little bit of luck, we could reach the second round. But right now everything points at the direction of not advancing to be honest.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran is easily among the weakest 3 of the tournament at this moment (Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia). Even the easiest group possible for Iran (whatever you guys wished for in this thread) contains 3 stronger teams than Iran.

The mentality among Iran's players and manager is very conservative, which eliminates any chance of a surprise showing. Contrary to teams like Australia and Japan who despite not being much stronger than Iran, are very brave teams and have produced some remarkably competitive performances before. South Korea too is very brave at times.

Overall, I find Iran one of the most fearful teams of the tournament, if not the most fearful. Fear never pays.
Now that you mentioned Australia, you really consider them stronger than Iran? They had to kill themselves just to qualify for the World Cup, having to beat beating mighty powerhouse Honduras. Did they even have cleats and uniforms for the game or were they donated because they are the fourth poorest country in the world? The only Asian team I would MAYBE put above Iran right now is Japan and that is only because the JFA is good and spends money on facilities, their NT etc. If the IFF had the same budget as the JFA, they would be a top ten team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.