World-cup 2018 , QF, SF and Final ( News , Results and updates )

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Europe is footballs power continent no doubts.
But stil... This is the number of WC berths for continents:
Oceania 0,5 / N.America 3,5 / S. America 4,5 / Asia 4,5 / Africa 5 / Europe 13
I'm sure if any continent was given 13 spots, despite their strength, they will have easier time, making it to the knockout. simple mathmatics.
You have a valid point. Still there is a good reason why Europe have 13 teams. Honestly, I think Europe deserves even more than 13 spots and I'm sure many people would agree.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
You have a valid point. Still there is a good reason why Europe have 13 teams. Honestly, I think Europe deserves even more than 13 spots and I'm sure many people would agree.
Then why do you insist on call it "World Cup"? For 13+ uefa team tournament we have Euro Cup.
IMO: True "world" cup with 32 teams is:
Host 1 / Oceania 1 / N.America 6 / S.America 6 / Africa 6 / Asia 6 / Europe 6
Then lets see how many teams from any continent will make it to last 8.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Then why do you insist on call it "World Cup"? For 13+ uefa team tournament we have Euro Cup.
Depends if one is more interested in a world cup with focus on having the most democratic allocation among continents or a world cup with focus on the best countries from around the world participating.

Personally I prefer seeing the best teams from around the world, meaning I rather see South America and Europe have a few spots more and Asia less. Maybe that would have meant we would have seen Italy, Netherlands or Chile being present at the cost of countries like perhaps Saudi Arabia or Panama.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Europe 6, South America 2....Maybe an African/Asian/.... every three world cup make it to final 8. Brando jAn just because it is called World Cup shouldn't mean the continents should get equal number of teams or base it on population of continents. To me with 32 it should be Asia/Oceania 6, Africa 5, North America 3, South America 5, Europe 13.

Dec 30, 2014
حالا اگه اين كار توى جهات سوم اتفاق ميويفتاد!!!
اگر در ایران اتفاق افتاده بود که الان چند نفر داشتن اینجا پشتک میزدند و از بی‌فرهنگی ایرانی‌ها به اندازه چند کتاب مزخرف میبافتن. والله شانس آوردیم.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Please don’t call me haji. I can even tolerate koskesh but not haji
Sure.... fair enough hombre, didn't know it's so sensitive.
Strange though, my grand uncle calls couple of hombres working for him for "hAjis" and they call him back hombre, laughing all the time.
By the way, that pic was fake and even the news was fake, hope we're agreed on this!

No more hAjis for you, period!

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
a world cup with focus on the best countries from around the world participating
What's the use? They come and play their worst football anyway. International football, despite being more transparent and cleaner than club football, is now riddled with defensive/physical tactics that negatively affect the game's entertainment value.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
What's the use? They come and play their worst football anyway. International football, despite being more transparent and cleaner than club football, is now riddled with defensive/physical tactics that negatively affect the game's entertainment value.
Sure, International football is inferior to club fotball no doubt, vali hala ma ke gharare beshinim in football ro bebinim dige hadeaghal bezar behtarinha ro bebinim. Sage Italy be Saudi Arabia miarze anyday of the week.