World-cup 2018 , QF, SF and Final ( News , Results and updates )

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
They thought they are so smart by avoiding the more difficult bracket. If you want to win it all, you must not take any shortcuts. Decisions like the one England made early on, more often than not end up backfiring.
both agree and disagree
1986 group matches last day. Denmark and Germany played for 1st and 2nd spot.
Winner will be crowned group wiiners, but will face Spain
Runner up will be 2nd, but will face Morocco
Smart Germans let Denmark win the game and become group winners.
In the knock outs, Germany took Morocco with ease, '
but Demark...got raped by Spain 1-5 as their biggest WC defeat ever.
Some of the Danish players got psychological help after return from that world cup.
Germany went all the way to the final, and hit the wall of Diego.
Still Germans were only cm away from sensation.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
both agree and disagree
1986 group matches last day. Denmark and Germany played for 1st and 2nd spot.
Winner will be crowned group wiiners, but will face Spain
Runner up will be 2nd, but will face Morocco
Smart Germans let Denmark win the game and become group winners.
In the knock outs, Germany took Morocco with ease, '
but Demark...got raped by Spain 1-5 as their biggest WC defeat ever.
Some of the Danish players got psychological help after return from that world cup.
Germany went all the way to the final, and hit the wall of Diego.
Still Germans were only cm away from sensation.
Well based on your example, while Germans avoided Spain, but end up losing anyways. My point is, if you want to win the tournament, you must not fear facing any teams.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Well based on your example, while Germans avoided Spain, but end up losing anyways. My point is, if you want to win the tournament, you must not fear facing any teams.
Thats why I started with both agree and disagree :)
Germans did that smart Morocco trick but faced great great nations on the way to the final.

England.... terekmoon...this world cup was like Liecesters championship.
In the vacume created by Big guns failers, this must had been the easiest world cup to win for any dark horses (inc. england). But they just couldn't.
England is like that.. At first knockout defeat (semi), they lose their moral, losing both semi and bronze, back to back.
1990 and now 2018

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Zidane's dream is gone come true no matter what. Deschamps would be an idiot not to step down. 2 back to back final appearances!
He won't be able to top that achievement.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
What is all this about England losing intentionally to Belgium and that they played crap etc etc?
England didn't lose intentionally to Belgium in the group stages, they simply weren't good enough to win. They tried and wanted to win but couldn't.
As for their style of play, Southgate simply figured out a way to get the team go as far as it can. The old style of attacking football and long balls never worked for them in 50 years. They are simply not good enough.

When you have to play Lingard as your attacking threat, you are already in a dire state.

Though, France have been quite underwhelming for the most part in this tournament, I just don't see Croatia pulling an upset here. They're already stretched very thin after playing three 120-min marathons. No way their legs can sustain another one.

France should wrap this up in 90 minutes with relative ease.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Though, France have been quite underwhelming for the most part in this tournament, I just don't see Croatia pulling an upset here. They're already stretched very thin after playing three 120-min marathons. No way their legs can sustain another one.

They are children of war man, anything is possible.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002

Again BT jan ?
They had 4 days in between
More than enough, fitness won't be an issue