World Cup 2026 host to be decided by tomorrow

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
So 60/80 games is suppose to be hosted in the USA with 10 respectively going to Canada and Mexico. Plus the all playoff games will be in the USA and the final hosted in New York. I was reading the details of the bid yesterday and read this somewhere. So for those living in the US it makes it easier to go to a few more. Interesting format but the sheer number of teams coming in and only guaranteed 2 games per team makes sure a bunch of shit teams are there. Essentially its the same 32 teams that were to be in the world cup will be there but instead playing a round of 32 game which did not exist before creating 16 extra elimination games instead of the now format of the last group day games to be played simultaneously.

I guess I do like the fact there is a round of 32 which makes it interesting playoff game. But the number of shit games in the first round and the drama that can happen now will go away as most likely based on the draw each group of 3 will have 2 much stronger sides in there. Ranking teams 1/2/3 pots with 16 top teams instead of the 8 now is indeed making the groups pretty weak. FIFA is really fucking up the format.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
- وزیر ورزش مغرب با ابراز تاسف از رای عربستان به سود آمریکا در کسب میزبانی جام جهانی 2026، این اقدام سعودی ها را خیانت به مغرب به عنوان یکی از نامزدهای میزبانی این رویداد بزرگ ورزشی جهان خواند.