World Cup Preparation Friendly Match#2: Russia vs IRAN(10-10-2017), News, Updates, Live Reports

Oct 1, 2004
Some minor interesting notes.

1 - Russian telecast was from the opposite side of the stadium versus Iran's. Main reason for this I believe is the advertisements. One side had all Iranian advertisements, the other side all Russian.
2 - Camerawork sucked. The camera was going in and out of focus and they were missing key plays. I hope they fix this before World Cup.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What a fast beautiful game the Russians played!!! That was a great friendly and a good test for TM's defense to cope with fast attacking teams.

We need more friendlies like this. Serbia has already qualified and they play the same kind of style as Russia. If they don't end up in our group we should have a friendly with them too.

We played really well until Azmoun scored the goal (what a work by Taremi on that BTW). but after the goal we stopped playing?!!! Why???!!!
We didn't stop playing , remember though the Russians who as you said played a beautiful game were giving us a good battle ,they were doing their best not to lose in front of their own crowd ,guy who replaced Azmoon took a bit of pressure off their defence but I suppose our coach wanted to try things out in such games .

I though Beeranvand had a good game ,only once on a cross Jalal had to bail him out ,seems the coach still trust him as number 1 , I though he may give Haghighi half a game but he didn't ,our goalie looked positive and I didn't notice him feeling nervous ,great save on that free kick and few good exits and clean catches and a couple of half cleare punches but most important thing for a goalie apart from the obvious physical condition is a positive attitude and he seem to have that .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I just watched the game. My observations:
Hajsafi sucks as a LB. Biranvand also sucks but it looks like Khiabani loves the dude. He is going to be our Achilles heel in Russia. I've never seen a good game by Taremi in TM but he was our MVP in this game. It is a good thing Ezatolahi will not be in our first game. Also it looks like Jahanbakhsh is a club player as I never seen a great game by him in TM also. And finally we missed Dejagah.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Hajsafi sucks as a LB. Biranvand also sucks but it looks like Khiabani loves the dude. He is going to be our Achilles heel in Russia. I've never seen a good game by Taremi in TM but he was our MVP in this game. It is a good thing Ezatolahi will not be in our first game. Also it looks like Jahanbakhsh is a club player as I never seen a great game by him in TM also. And finally we missed Dejagah.
I thought Ezatolahi did well?

I think out central defenders played well, nice to have them back

Agree with you about Jahanbakksh, and Saman was also absent

We missed Milad for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 24, 2002
I don't agree at all with Taremi statement, he was our MVP during the qualifications, scored few crucial goals, and no wonder despite having European base strikers such as Karim, Gucci, CQ prioritize him over the rest. I agree about the rest though.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I don't agree at all with Taremi statement, he was our MVP during the qualifications, scored few crucial goals, and no wonder despite having European base strikers such as Karim, Gucci, CQ prioritize him over the rest. I agree about the rest though.
In other games that I saw he was mostly a striker and missed many easy chances. In this game it looked like he was on the wing and hustled quite a bit and made an assist. He never stood out like he did this time.

Nov 24, 2002
In other games that I saw he was mostly a striker and missed many easy chances. In this game it looked like he was on the wing and hustled quite a bit and made an assist. He never stood out like he did this time.
He was never striker in TM. Always played behind striker/winger role. Sardar, Gucci were mainly target forward of 4-2-3-1 system of Queiroz.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
He was never striker in TM. Always played behind striker/winger role. Sardar, Gucci were mainly target forward of 4-2-3-1 system of Queiroz.
He played a lot more upfront than the Russia game when we played the Asian sides. That is for sure.