World Cup Preparation Friendly Match#2: Russia vs IRAN(10-10-2017), News, Updates, Live Reports

Oct 1, 2004
Besides the last 15 minutes -a decent performance by TM.

Biggest notes for me:

- Hosseini is still the best CB we have.
- Hajisafi should not be on TM.
- Ezatollahi needs to get in shape - unacceptable for a 20 year old to be this lethargic.
- We need Dejagah to recover ASAP.
- Taremi is a good player - get over it people.

Nov 24, 2002
Besides the last 15 minutes -a decent performance by TM.

Biggest notes for me:

- Hosseini is still the best CB we have.
- Hajisafi should not be on TM.
- Ezatollahi needs to get in shape - unacceptable for a 20 year old to be this lethargic.
- We need Dejagah to recover ASAP.
- Taremi is a good player - get over it people.
Great post. [emoji106][emoji106]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
One of the key things that I want to see is how the team plays if they receive the first goal. TM play super defensive and not allowing goal but this is going to happen at some point.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a fast beautiful game the Russians played!!! That was a great friendly and a good test for TM's defense to cope with fast attacking teams.

We need more friendlies like this. Serbia has already qualified and they play the same kind of style as Russia. If they don't end up in our group we should have a friendly with them too.

We played really well until Azmoun scored the goal (what a work by Taremi on that BTW). but after the goal we stopped playing?!!! Why???!!!

and finally, I read every single reply by Soroush in this thread! You crack me up man! :D Ali Damagh was the top!!! LOOOL and yes...I agree with you on most things.

Nov 24, 2002
What a fast beautiful game the Russians played!!! That was a great friendly and a good test for TM's defense to cope with fast attacking teams.

We need more friendlies like this. Serbia has already qualified and they play the same kind of style as Russia. If they don't end up in our group we should have a friendly with them too.

We played really well until Azmoun scored the goal (what a work by Taremi on that BTW). but after the goal we stopped playing?!!! Why???!!!

Finally I read every single reply by Soroush in this thread! You crack me up man! :D Ali Damagh was the top!!! LOOOL and yes...I agree with you on most things.
You and Soroush need to pay for copy right every time you use his name.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Overall Good performance and result by Iran in Russia! It's good that Quieroz is trying various players at different times as he wants to test everyone and get a feel for his formations... in WC, he won't be able to play the same team over and over specially in group stage, so he has to give everyone a chance and have a good bench, this is key! Wish we could get some friendlies against Western Europeans...

May 12, 2007
Both teams will learn a lot about this game. A good test game. CQ face off with the referee was funny. We will be better in world cup. Russians
aim to go to final. They were fast with good passing technics. We played 4-4-2. And looks like Taremi and Azmoun is our final choice. Although I
really want to see Gucci and Qods opfront. Taremi is our best forward except when he is one to one with the keeper. I guess I will say same thing about Biranvand. He is our best keeper.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
IMO Bad move by CQ. He shouldn't take Sardar out.
Sardar alone kept 2-3 Russian defenders at the half line. which shows they respect Sardar.
The second Sardar went out, they lost their respect and even defenderes participated in the attacks against Iran. And the rest is history.

May 12, 2007
IMO Bad move by CQ. He shouldn't take Sardar out.
Sardar alone kept 2-3 Russian defenders at the half line. which shows they respect Sardar.
The second Sardar went out, they lost their respect and even defenderes participated in the attacks against Iran. And the rest is history.
I think CQ wanted to show Kaveh Rezaei and Saman in action. I think after this he will drope Kave knowing that people can see he is not so usefull. If he brought Ashkan/Masud or even Torabi in second goal was on it's way. He used this game to test other players.

Any way what do you guys think about the referee? Was Taremi ofside or why was he stopped?