World Cup Preparation Friendly Match#4: IRAN vs Venezuela (11-13-2017), News, Updates, Live Reports

Nov 24, 2002
That is what i am talking about, taking Jalal Hosseini OUT and bring Omid Ebrahimi and play him as CD!!!!]]ولین حضور ابراهیمی در پست مدافع آخر؛

عجیب***ترین تعویض کی***روش مقابل ونزوئلا

امید ابراهیمی با شروع نیمه دوم جایگزین سیدجلال حسینی در قلب خط دفاعی تیم ملی شد.
به گزارش "ورزش سه"، با شروع نیمه دوم دیدار تیم ملی ایران برابر ونزوئلا کارلوس کی روش دست به ایجاد تغییراتی در ترکیب تیم خود زد تا نفرات نیمکت نشین نیز فرصت حضور در این دیدار تدارکاتی را پیدا کنند و کی روش در یک مسابقه به ارزیابی عملکرد آنها بپردازد.

یکی از تعویض هایی که توسط کی روش صورت گرفت، حضور امید ابراهیمی به جای سیدجلال حسینی بود که در اقدامی عجیب جایگزین این بازیکن در پست مدافع میانی شد.

ابراهیمی که در فوتبال ایران به عنوان یک هافبک تدافعی شناخته می شود که معمولا تا پشت محوطه جریمه و حتی درون محوطه حریف هم ظاهر می شود، در این دیدار توسط کی روش در پست دفاع میانی به کار گرفته شد تا عجیب ترین تعویض کی روش لقب بگیرد.

البته کی روش در این پست تنها روزبه چشمی را در لیست خود در اختیار داشت و ترجیح داد از امید ابراهیمی در پستی بازی بگیرد که در دیدار قبل هم فرصت بازی به او نرسیده بود.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1473880/عجیب‌ترین-تعویض-کی‌روش-مقابل-ونزوئلا

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
He runs a lot but he also holds the ball too long and loses it to often! CQ has been using Taremi and Rezaei in the flanks now and I think both do better. Ghoddos and Dejagah would be better too. Torabi the same. I think Amiri is the least effective of them all despite assisting today.
Well I think he answered your question by the great assist he played for the goal ,he hustled them well but got tired towards the last 20 minutes but up until then he kept that left flank up and alive.

Nov 24, 2002
Iran's squad are ALL 60 min players. Non can deal with 90 min at this moment.
In stead of friendlies, CQ should force players to RUN!!!! and get in shape.

Amiri who assisted the goal, "died" after 60 min.
Lots of wrong dicisions at the attack.
And im still puzzled what Ali Karimi is doing in national team, beside commiting dangerous freekicks?
It is weird because CQ's team main advantage was their physical condition and stamina(if you remember 2014 team), but somehow lately the team run out of gas after 60-70 minutes.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It is weird because CQ main advantage was their physical condition and stamina(if you remember 2014 team), but somehow lately the team run out of gas after 60-70 minutes.
I am not worried about that ,come the world cup they will be as fit as a fiddle for 90 minutes ,in these friendlies when you change atleast 6 subs during the game you are looking to find out about your players and how to blend them and how to work them together .

What we need to improve in the coming world cup is our fitness in our last game ,but having a better squad this time we have a better chance to keep going for 90 minutes in our 3rd group game.

Oct 18, 2010
well carlos keeps on trucking and racking up wins but you
guys still piss & moan about him.why?
just bet on carlos' iran and win baby.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't agree on that tbh.
Beirnvand had a great save against Russia on their free kick ,check that out again to see how good he is on shot stopping .

Mazaheri also had a great save today on their dangerous free kick that changed path .

I don't know who is better ,those in the coaching staff that spend time with them in training might have a good idea .

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
CQ will have them in fantastic shape by the WC time. Especially with that long camp right before the games. He did the same for Brazil and Iran was in great shape. I wanted to make a point about Beiranvands punching abilities. Is it just me or it seems to me that he is trying to actually punch the ball with the side of his hand instead of making a fist and pushing the ball out. On that play in the fist half where he punched it I was 99% sure we got scored on and Jalal saved his ass and ours. He also did one in the last game but that one was actually successful. I feel like he is trying hard to come out and improve it but does have weaknesses on it. This coming out from the goal is actually the weakness of many goalies and something I don’t remember that we ever had anyone being able to do it successfully.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well...it is time for CQ to start paying attention to those GPS gears and put emphasis on stamina. The players have 6-7 months to improve!

Nov 24, 2002
Match Highlights:

[video=facebook_share;1822661394474657]https://www.facebook.com/IranSportsPress/videos/1822661394474657/[/video]

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Beirnvand had a great save against Russia on their free kick ,check that out again to see how good he is on shot stopping .

Mazaheri also had a great save today on their dangerous free kick that changed path .

I don't know who is better ,those in the coaching staff that spend time with them in training might have a good idea .
Well, the best way to evaluate them is not how good they stopped one shot in a game but how many mistakes they've made in each game. If you consider today's game and the last one against Panama, Beiranvand definitely looked shaky at times. I would rest him for a while and test Mazaheri. So far the latter has been doing very well with less mistakes.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
CQ will have them in fantastic shape by the WC time. Especially with that long camp right before the games. He did the same for Brazil and Iran was in great shape. I wanted to make a point about Beiranvands punching abilities. Is it just me or it seems to me that he is trying to actually punch the ball with the side of his hand instead of making a fist and pushing the ball out. On that play in the fist half where he punched it I was 99% sure we got scored on and Jalal saved his ass and ours. He also did one in the last game but that one was actually successful. I feel like he is trying hard to come out and improve it but does have weaknesses on it. This coming out from the goal is actually the weakness of many goalies and something I don’t remember that we ever had anyone being able to do it successfully.
What I like about Beiranvand is his positiveness and sharpness coming off his line and get to the ball ,on that first half punch that you mentioned he just needed to jump towards the ball a little sooner so he would have reached the ball a bit higher in the air and then give it a good solid punch ,just a bit of fine tuning ....

But it is always a little twitch that makes a big difference in the outcome.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well, the best way to evaluate them is not how good they stopped one shot in a game but how many mistakes they've made in each game. If you consider today's game and the last one against Panama, Beiranvand definitely looked shaky at times. I would rest him for a while and test Mazaheri. So far the latter has been doing very well with less mistakes.
Yeah but you and I are in charge and don't know everything about them ,but I am very happy the way Mazaheri played today , it was good for him and Beiranvand and other keepers too ,they keep pushing each other and team melli will benefit.

Nov 24, 2002
Ghoddos is a nice addition but he is not a playmaker. Dejagah is still our best bet for this position with the absence of Shojaei.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ghoddos is a nice addition but he is not a playmaker. Dejagah is still our best bet for this position with the absence of Shojaei.
I thought Ghoddos did very well there today! I agree Dejagah is still our best there but he's out of breath after 60 minutes. Shojaei is too slow, losing the ball to the opponents many times.

And im still puzzled what Ali Karimi is doing in national team, beside commiting dangerous freekicks?
Nobody knows.

This guy and that Akbar Imani guy are terrible. So is Ezzatollahi these days to be honest. Kollan midfield ta'tileh.

Overall Iran really can't or doesn't want to hold the ball when they go up by 1 goal. CQ should field these guys against a relatively weak team and enforce a "no less than 3 goals" policy along a "no less than 65% possession". They need to get used to having the ball and going for more goals.