WOW, I am having a DAUGHTER..Names Please

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Say what?????????????????????????????????????!!!!!! :eek:

Baba Kasra jan to key aroosi kardi ke hala montazere a baby girly???? :eek: Pas chera chizi nagofti? Migofti ta nazarim biyofti too chaaleh (marriage)! LOL Anyways, congratulations for both parts (marriage and the baby)! Kheyli kheyli tabrik!

My favorite among names is Atefeh but I guess that's difficult to pronounce! Sara or Sarah is within your criterion but that might be too common?? How about Sarina or Belina?

Anyways...take care and bazi vaghta ham ye sari be ma bezani, tori nist! ;)

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Kasra jan, Salam va tabrik dobareh.

You are going to have a tough time getting these stupid americans to pronounce "Baran" as we pronounce it. Let me explain, their pronounciation of the first 'A' will be like "ASB-horse" and not like "Asemoon-sky".

But, you know what, who cares as long as she is healthy, happy and has you two as her parents. :) I think Baran is beautifull.

Congrats again and keep in touch.

Romira

IPL Player
Dec 13, 2002
middle of no where
Farzadoo said:
You are going to have a tough time getting these stupid americans to pronounce "Baran" as we pronounce it.

very ture. bAran is indeed pretty-- but your little girl has to correct people and say: it's not bay-ran...is bAran and it means rain. Khod dAni agha just our 2cents ;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I dont think we should name our kids something that Americans can spell,too. her daughter can anytime choose a common name among Americans when she goes to school/work.
I did the same thing with my name. damn these Canadians were pronouncing Niloufar: NilOfar and some said: NiFular!!!lool

If one day I have a baby girl(which I hope I'll have one day!) I'll name her a cute persian name and let her choose her American/Canadian name if she wants to.

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Niloufar said:
I dont think we should name our kids something that Americans can spell,too..
This looks like such a baad reason to name a kid. Name a kid something that americans can't spell.. :eek: What is up with that? :S

Romira

IPL Player
Dec 13, 2002
middle of no where
see aziz that's exactly the point.
Nilou jaan, if i may ask what common name have you picked for yourself?

her last name is Iranian...so, it'd be fair( to her) to have the other half western in order to balance each other out. Most iranians i know, have a nick name. In Kasra's case...he'll prevent and skip it by naming her little girl right at birth. :)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Zopyrus said:
This looks like such a baad reason to name a kid. Name a kid something that americans can't spell.. :eek: What is up with that? :S
lool,baba joon I didnt mean naming her a wierd and long name.
I mean we shouldnt name her Pamela, Sara, x,y from beginning just bc its easier for them to pronounce it! Persian names r so cute..
There is always a nickname to replace the name(in the workplace/school later on) if they r having a hard time pronouncing it!!! thats what I meant.
thats what I'll do one day anyways..

kasra

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Thanks a lot.

Sly jan:
what does Belina mean?

A funny but true story:

About two years ago I applied for a job in a very good company. I sent one resume with my real name on it and another name with an American name "Ryan" as my first name. Now remember I am applying for the same position. The resumes are identical except for the "first name" part.

One day around 4:00 PM I received an email saying that I am not qualified for the job. The same day around 4:30 PM I received another email saying "Dear Ryan, we are pleased to invite you for an interview."

I guess having an American First name does make a difference.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
We have this Pakistani dude here whose name is "PANJAK". I asked him what "PANJAK" means and he said it means "The Fifth Kid"(Bacheye Panjom). So I asked him what if you were a girl? what would your name be? He said "Panjik".

So I recommend PANJIK too(who cares if she ain't your fifth kid? Boro too bahre esm!)

Jul 26, 2005
London baby!x
Niloufar said:
lool,baba joon I didnt mean naming her a wierd and long name.
I mean we shouldnt name her Pamela, Sara, x,y from beginning just bc its easier for them to pronounce it! Persian names r so cute..
There is always a nickname to replace the name(in the workplace/school later on) if they r having a hard time pronouncing it!!! thats what I meant.
thats what I'll do one day anyways..
whats wrong with the name sara?????!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
xpErSiAnBeAuTyx said:
whats wrong with the name sara?????!
nothing!my childhood friend's name was Sara.

but I meant American names in general. cuz to me being Persian is not all about drinking tea 6 times a day, gossiping and eating chelokabab!!!;)
its about having a nice persian name, knowing Farsi,loving the country,blah blah..