WTFFF!!!!Lara Logan breaks her silence

raminio05

National Team Player
Behzad using you're argument woman should not even leave the house because there is always the possibility that they will run into some "sharks" and get raped. Matter of fact, they may not even be safe in their own homes because their husbands might be "sharks" themselves.

You're generalizing what a CERTAIN frenzied group did in Egypt to the whole nation and calling them all uncivilized. Do you think that she was the only female reporter on the scene at the time? The countless other ones went their, did their reports, and left the country without problems. They "jumped into the shark tank" as you would put it and came out unschathed.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
There is a huge difference between parents protecting their daughters, with you telling a journalist who has been doing this for the past decade, to not do the job that she loves because she's "pretty and blonde". use your common sense and tell me if you do find any flaw in that.
I asked you to answer the questions I asked in simple terms, don't make it complicated.. but you avoided answering them, because you know damn well what I am talking about.. but you just don't want to face the reality..

and I didn't ask the journalist not to do her job, where did I say that?? I said her and her team were stupid and ignorant, for letting her go into the crowd.. she could have stayed close to them, on the edge of the crowd.. she could have kept her distance from them and still do her Journalistic duties.. but I am sure you are not worried about her journalistic duties/rights here.. the issue here is her getting finger raped by a bunch of fucking bastards, who , in this case, happen to be Egyptian young men.. she could have been stabbed to death right there before she got raped and we wouldn't be talking about all the fingers that went up her rear end before she got stabbed.. point being that she and her team made a stupid decision ..

now what's your solution to this "rape" problem? besides calling others IRI, resorting to illogical comments made for blackboards in a classroom that have nothing to do with realities on the ground?? what practical solutions do you offer to make MEN, not be sharks? to help women not get raped, in Egypt and other parts of the world? let's see what your highness has to offer ..

by the way it's good to know that now you are generalizing all men the same and you call them all "sharks", unlike a few hours ago where you called the egypt " a packed crowd of horny, sex deprived young men."
again, you mixing up shit to just argue... U.S has the highest rape rates in the world, about 1 every 30 seconds.. Ponder on that for a while and answer my question.. don't dance around it

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Behzad using you're argument woman should not even leave the house because there is always the possibility that they will run into some "sharks" and get raped. Matter of fact, they may not even be safe in their own homes because their husbands might be "sharks" themselves.

You're generalizing what a CERTAIN frenzied group did in Egypt to the whole nation and calling them all uncivilized. Do you think that she was the only female reporter on the scene at the time? The countless other ones went their, did their reports, and left the country without problems. They "jumped into the shark tank" as you would put it and came out unschathed.
the question here is not going out.. the question is being careful... I work with parents who bring their children to schools, and I can tell you that every single one of them have ONE question in common.. is the area that my child going to live , safe????????? they don't intend on hiding their daughters in a box.. but they want to make sure that where they live, where they go, where they hang out is safe.. they are worried about their safety.. and I ask the question, WHY? I don't live in Egypt.. I live in the U.S.. why are these parents so worried about their children right here in the U.S?

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
I asked you to answer the questions I asked in simple terms, don't make it complicated.. but you avoided answering them, because you know damn well what I am talking about.. but you just don't want to face the reality..

and I didn't ask the journalist not to do her job, where did I say that?? I said her and her team were stupid and ignorant, for letting her go into the crowd.. she could have stayed close to them, on the edge of the crowd.. she could have kept her distance from them and still do her Journalistic duties.. but I am sure you are not worried about her journalistic duties/rights here.. the issue here is her getting finger raped by a bunch of fucking bastards, who , in this case, happen to be Egyptian young men.. she could have been stabbed to death right there before she got raped and we wouldn't be talking about all the fingers that went up her rear end before she got stabbed.. point being that she and her team made a stupid decision ..

now what's your solution to this "rape" problem? besides calling others IRI, resorting to illogical comments made for blackboards in a classroom that have nothing to do with realities on the ground?? what practical solutions do you offer to make MEN, not be sharks? to help women not get raped, in Egypt and other parts of the world? let's see what your highness has to offer ..
Chill out.. take a deep breath..

It's unfortunate what happened to her. but my problem is with you blaming her and her team for sending her to Egypt and NOT the men who actually commited the crime. you are excusing the men for their crime because well that's just their nature. do you see the problem here? I'm not hopeful.

again, you mixing up shit to just argue... U.S has the highest rape rates in the world, about 1 every 30 seconds.. Ponder on that for a while and answer my question.. don't dance around it
to your last point:

the example you gave here actually proves my point more and more, if men raping women is a big problem everywhere then what happened to her couldve happened potentially anywhere in the world, even in the united states where based on your statement "U.S has the highest rape rates in the world". so do you suggest she just quit her job and sit at home and raise her child?

also somehow you found it logical to call egyptians "a packed crowd of horny, sex deprived young men.".. so my question is, if "U.S has the highest rape rates in the world" would you say the same thing about American men where about 1 woman gets raped in every 30 seconds?

Aug 21, 2005
next door
you did.. you see you don't even read your own posts.. you made that reference to the Western world when you said "freedom" and "boy/girl" relationship (lack thereof) being the reason for how these guys in Egypt behaved... and when I pointed out to you that U.S has one of the highest crime/rape rate you say it's not relevant???? lol.. I guess the women getting raped in the U.S are getting raped by aliens, not men..

you are mixing things up man, it is okay. i said freedom, you say america, but i never used america as an example, it could be europe or other societies! you are the one comparing it to US.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Chill out.. take a deep breath..

It's unfortunate what happened to her. but my problem is with you blaming her and her team for sending her to Egypt and NOT the men who actually commited the crime. you are excusing the men for their crime because well that's just their nature. do you see the problem here? I'm not hopeful.

where did I say they were stupid for sending her to Egypt? you hurried so much to reply that you forgot to read my post.. (I said they were stupid for sending her into the crowd!!, Not Egypt)
show me where I am EXCUSING the men?
don't dance, show me the damn post!! .. or is this another "IRI" like tactic of yours??
remember you brought IRI into this..

dude, I am done discussing this with you..
obviously you just like to argue for the sake of argument otherwise you at least would have had tried to answer the simple question I asked you, but instead, you just dance away..

better discussions next time!

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
you are mixing things up man, it is okay. i said freedom, you say america, but i never used america as an example, it could be europe or other societies! you are the one comparing it to US.
so you admit that you may have been referring to "west", when mentioning freedom, boy/girl relationship, right? and I am not the one that compared it to anywhere.. you did..
I only mentioned U.S to point out that in the U.S most men have great boy/girl relationships growing up and more freedom than the rest of the world, but that didn't save any of the rape victims from getting raped..

raminio05

National Team Player
She is a War Journalist. Of course she is concerned for her own safety. Matter of fact, she probably knows more about safety than anyone on this forum, so chalking this horrible thing that happened to her up to her ignorance is just ridiculous. She got assaulted on a day that was supposed to be (and was until her camra went dead) a day of celebration. I don't think anyone even though of the possibility of gangrape on such a day.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
She is a War Journalist. Of course she is concerned for her own safety. Matter of fact, she probably knows more about safety than anyone on this forum, so chalking this horrible thing that happened to her up to her ignorance is just ridiculous. She got assaulted on a day that was supposed to be (and was until her camra went dead) a day of celebration. I don't think anyone even though of the possibility of gangrape on such a day.
ramin, she admits her own ignorance on the video..

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
where did I say they were stupid for sending her to Egypt?
see below:

the bottom line is that she and her team should have known better than to let this pretty blond girl into a packed crowd of horny, sex deprived young men..

show me where I am EXCUSING the men?
see below:

you can continue to blame the sharks for being sharks and I will blame the one jumping in with the sharks..
sharks for being sharks? thats quite an statement. that means the men who raped her are not to be blamed and are excused here because it was in their nature to rape a "pretty blond" woman.

don't dance, show me the damn post!! .. or is this another "IRI" like tactic of yours??
the posts are all up there.. see for yourself.. whos dancing now?
and I did say my IRI comment was uncalled for. but you on the other hand do what you preach is wrong. a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

raminio05

National Team Player
^ I'd say 100,000 rape case every year (and that's only reported rapes) is pretty high, wouldn't you?
You didn't say pretty high, you said highest. For me one rape is too high a number but compared to other countries, come on. All it takes is a quick google search.

To get back on topic, you have pretty much blamed everything from her "ignorance" to the mens (sharks) nature for her being raped, but you have yet to say anything about the councious choice that these assholes made to humiliate and traumatize this woman.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
You didn't say pretty high, you said highest. For me one rape is too high a number but compared to other countries, come on. All it takes is a quick google search.

To get back on topic, you have pretty much blamed everything from her "ignorance" to the mens (sharks) nature for her being raped, but you have yet to say anything about the councious choice that these assholes made to humiliate and traumatize this woman.
just to be clear, he never blamed the men (sharks), because as he said sharks will be sharks. you can't blame them because that's their nature.. he blames the person who jumps in with the sharks..

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Behzad,
Please don't try to come up with some outlandish statistical numbers just to score some argument points. You said 1 rape every 30 seconds in USA. Simple manipulation of a calculator reveals that your posted number of rapes equates to 1051200 per year. Does that sounds realistic to you?

If US has the highest number of the rape in the world then I might ask comparing to which? Of course the Principality of San Marino with population of 2500 will have the lowest # or may be none at all.

Other point you are missing is that comparing to USA this "orgy" rape happened right in the center of the Times Square while 1000,s of Americans watching. Again does this sound possible to you?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Ok guys I think the argument took some unnecessary turns.

There's no arguing the fact that getting inappropriate treatment by men is a much more frequent occurrence in Egypt than the US.

There's also no doubt that Egyptian men in general are indeed deprived of sexual encounters for various reasons.

Mrs. Logan would indeed be considered a "pretty white chic" in any middle eastern country. That can't come as a surprise to anyone.

No one can argue that Mrs. Logan, her boss and her team were being stupid by being adventurous.

Keep in mind. Mrs. Logan is a mother and happily married. She actually could've deprived her children of having a mother by simply being "too in love" with her job. That's solely her fault.

I don't know why it's hard to accept that societies in many countries have not evolved enough to be treated with modern standards. You can't go to Egypt and expect to see the best selection of pork meat. Why would you expect to see gender equality and safety for women? Are Egyptian women safe in their own country? Why would Mrs. Logan be?

And yes, men's control on their sexual desires is indeed very fragile and should not be undermined. All of us men know this very well. That's why we hate it when other men approach our women/mothers/sisters/friends inappropriately. It's because we know there is sexual motivation behind everything a man does. Everything! Without this sexual drive the world would come to an end tomorrow.

In any case, this video really touched me where I wish it hadn't. I feel horrible for this woman and her family and even her team. They must feel extremely guilty for letting her out of their reach. I feel very much angered that there's not a fucking thing anyone can do to punish those fucks who did this to her. That's probably the worst thing about her situation. No accountability. No closure. No follow up.

And deep down, I blame Islamic teachings for the way things are in these countries. Way to go Allah. Way to fucking go.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
bache tehroon jan ,i agree with some part of your post and disagree with other part .
i live in a city which getting sex is easy, nowaday even with pack a ciggaretes .but in my own experiences . i believe people with different qualities and different mindset aswell .
i have worked with all races and nationalities .i have seen guy from felstine who ignored the most beautiful women in the world and treat her like piece of wood because for him and his desire is a woman from felstine .
i worked with this mesri guy with same mentality, he went all way to egypt and brought the ugliset woman as his wife .he was happy and later on with his kids .he loved his family .
i have seen some europeans sameway . some times people find different excitment in life .
i have seen a group of girls and guys camping and partying in group of 20's and actually you could see the love and affection amongst the group but not even any one made sexual advances.
i guess iran is different story ,the guy is married to a beautiful woman but as soon as he sees a woman walks by herself then stop the car .
i guess iranians mentalities is a little different .

Oct 18, 2002
And deep down, I blame Islamic teachings for the way things are in these countries. Way to go Allah. Way to fucking go.
In this particular case I blame the lack of rule of law more than anything. I doubt the same incident would have happened in Egypt under Mubarak's police watch because simply the attackers would know they could not get away with it.

One wonders how much of our civilized behaviour is due to our morality, intelligence and conscience, and how much of it is really just because the price for uncivilized behaviour is too high to risk it. If tomorrow FBI suddenly disappeared from US cities for a prolonged period of time, I can imagine in the first few weeks people may still follow their moral and civilized behaviour but after a while and once it is established that no one will be punished for any criminal behaviour, would a majority of us go back to our savage caveman practices? This should make a good idea for a TV documentary :)