WTH is wrong with CQ?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What a crack of $h*t!!! Sorry but he says the reason we couldn't get friendlies after the Korea game was that IPL teams were involved in the ACL???!!!! Are you kidding me??? So Korean and Japanese teams weren't involved in ACL??? How about the teams from the rest of the world and their respective CL? That was a very bad excuse to save IFF's sorry a$$es!!! What a BS!!!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....sorry for bringing this up again but I'm still watching this video and this interpretor cracks me up!!!!!

Jose Mourinho, love him or leave it (him) = ya doostesh dashte bashid, ya zendegi konid bahash! :D

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL....sorry for bringing this up again but I'm still watching this video and this interpretor cracks me up!!!!!

Jose Mourinho, love him or leave it (him) = ya doostesh dashte bashid, ya zendegi konid bahash! :D
CQ giving helpful free advice on mutual exclusivity to Iranian zan zalils all over the globe.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
In this case mard zalils or gays (since it's about Mourinho)!!! :D CQ for president of Iran! :D
It's for zan zalil crowd. CQ is using Mourinho as decoy. shrewd Portugese who enhanced his trade under Sir Alex Ferguson. :)

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Can those of you who snob teams ranked 66th and 75th in the FIFA table, please explain to me why teams that are ranked top 10 or even 10-25th should bother playing against us?

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I totally agree with CQ, We have to be selective and smart and he is absolutely right. Preparation is KEY to our success. Playing Big teams will only make us nervous cause teams like Spain will not come with a mentality that they will lose and we know from past experiences that too big of a team and name will get to us mentally. I don't see CQ making any irrational decisions honestly....
Bijan Jan I 100% agree with the statement you made above. So Bijan Jan you thing the best way to fight and get rid of this mentality is to play medicore or weak teams in Friendlies and go against the Big teams in the World Cup itself? You don't think that the other way would be better to play against Strong teams in friendlies (that are not as important and thus not as stressfull) will help the players to play more comfortable and with more confidence in the world cup itself?

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I can bet you if the statement made by CQ was made by an Iranian Coach you all would had been on his back and call him stupid and scared.

I have problem with several statement that CQ made

1) "S.Korea have played 11 friendlies since the last qualifier games and we have only played 3"
A) I honestly don't know the answer to my own question, so maybe some of you who knows can tell me "How many of the other 31 teams qualified to world cup have played 11 friendlies the past 6 month"

2) he has been TM coach in the past 2 1/2 years, thats more than enough time to to know the players and the core of the plyers to know him and his tachtiques

3) It's not like TM players have been sitting home the past 6 month doing nothing, they are involved with their teams and they do their best to show themselves so they either keep their spot or gain a spot in TM, Who wouldn't want to play in WC?

4) A Good number of TM players come from ESES who was involved in Asia cup and played next to each other week after week after week, CQ acts like they have to start from zero and he has to teach them how to pass the ball to each other, THEN WTF has he been doing the past 2 and 1/2 years?

5) As I mentioned in my reply to Bijan in the post above inorder for us not to SHIT our pants when we play teams like Argentina or Nigeria, we need to play teams like Spain or Brazil or Germany.
I remember I saw a documentary about WC 1978 where one of the former TM players was saying that against Holland they went in the game with the mentality that they will lose, and he said if they had better frindlies against better teams, they probably would had done better instead of whatever result they got (I think it was 3-1)

6) WE know from past experience that playing strong teams like Germany, Portugal, Holland, Serbia, Ireland although we lost we never got demolished, a 1-0 or 2 goal difference against a very strong team is not a moral killer, in the opposite, I think the players will think AFTER the game, if we would had not made this mistake or if we could had scored this opportunity we could had done better, and that itself means building moral and confident

7) I think Iran should play atleast one game against a VERY Strong team preferably in AZADI ( NOT the LAST one)

8) IS Japan and Korea and Australia playing shitty teams to in preparation for their WC? (Again I do not know the answer to this, I'm just asking?) I honestly have no understanding what so ever on how playing Crappy teams that not going to be even in the world cup is going to prepare us against a TEAM LIKE Argentina or Nigeria (African Champions)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ferdosi jan, I tend to agree with you. Specially CQ reasoning for not having played a single friendly until now is a complete BS. Having said that maybe big teams don't even want to play with us. Maybe he says these things just to prevent a chaos. I don't know but one thing I agree with you and that is it's not right to agree with everything he says or does only because his name is CQ. If he was a smaller name or was an Iranian coach everybody would be on his back by now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Can those of you who snob teams ranked 66th and 75th in the FIFA table, please explain to me why teams that are ranked top 10 or even 10-25th should bother playing against us?
Shooting practice! :happy:

Guys, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm 100% against playing weak or mediocre teams. I want strong opponents, I just don't think playing Spain or Brazil at the moment and getting thrashed is going to be as useful as playing slightly weaker teams. My idea preparation would have included (in order): Cameroon, Chile, Croatia, Ghana, Russia and Uruguay.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Behrou joon, if we can play all those countries you mentioned, I'd be more than happy. The thing is, I seriously doubt we can get so many friendlies with countries in their level. :(

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
That's the whole point were not even going to get teams ranked 10- 20 or 10-25.. To be honest we are not a bad team as many of you guys say we just need good teams to play against us so we can gel together. CQ is stupid because with this little amount of friendly's we can schedule and playing teams ranked 50 how is that going to help our team prepare for the world cup. But if we play Fifa world cup qualified teams we have a better preparation because these teams are actually going to bring better players to play against Iran while those teams that have not qualified will not do this and be preparing for future world cups and intercontinental cups. The point is to get experience not to get confidence and I just don't think CQ understands this... and yes believe me I put most of the blame on the lack of good friendly's on the IFF and their incompetence but that still doesn't mean CQ is not responsible for this also..

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^Behrou joon, if we can play all those countries you mentioned, I'd be more than happy. The thing is, I seriously doubt we can get so many friendlies with countries in their level. :(
I know, I'm dreaming! :)

Having said that, Russia's grouped with both Algeria and South Korea, so I can definitely understand their interest in playing us. Although I didn't name them, Belgium's basically in the same shoes. IFF should be jumping on these two games. I can see Ghana being interested if we manage a friendly with the US since they're in the same group with the US. Chile would definitely want to play an Asian team and they don't have anyone else booked at the moment. The other games will be tough to get, even for dreamers! I guess we can always take Serbia instead of Croatia - I'm sure they don't mind playing a WC team since they didn't make it.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
In a rare piece of good news, Taj announced today that all the IPL and Hazfi Cup games will be finished by April 10th. That gives CQ two whole months for a proper TM camp.

Feb 4, 2005
Miracles aside no amount of friendly matches help us against Argentina so forget about Uruguay, Brazil, etc. But relistically we can set up games with likes of Croatia, Serbia, Cameroon, etc. to be better prepared against Bosnia and Nigeria.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^PI jan, No friendly can help us win or draw against Argentina but some of them might help us to lose and hold our heads high rather than getting trashed? *hint: Japan against Argentina in 98 in Japan's very first WC!