WTH is wrong with CQ?

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
You guys realize that among teams advanced to the WC only Cameroon and Asian teams are ranked below us in the FIFA table. We are still a country under sanctions and can't pay for our camps. Our only player not in a less than average team is Dejagah, and we still don't have even average starter players in 2 or 3 positions. Since we don't have a normal status, we should learn how to do it in an extraordinary preparation way.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
You guys realize that among teams advanced to the WC only Cameroon and Asian teams are ranked below us in the FIFA table. We are still a country under sanctions and can't pay for our camps. Our only player not in a less than average team is Dejagah, and we still don't have even average starter players in 2 or 3 positions. Since we don't have a normal status, we should learn how to do it in an extraordinary preparation way.
How would doing in extraordinary preparation way help us? It just simply can and will not. We have only one option we either play good teams or we get completely destroyed in the world cup. There is no extraordinary preparation way. Its either this way or no way..

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
I think we should have played Russia as they are comparable and possibly better than Bosni. Fuck Spain, we wouldn't have got the ball anyway, and their style is not the same as our opponents. That said I fully support Carlos, and believe he is doing his best with limited resources, dalals, and retards in the government and IFF trying to hold the team down.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The Fifa table is not really a good measurement of how good different teams are. Even Cameroon is better than us.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
How would doing in extraordinary preparation way help us? It just simply can and will not. We have only one option we either play good teams or we get completely destroyed in the world cup. There is no extraordinary preparation way. Its either this way or no way..
Not necessarily. We won't go far in the WC anyway but we can do well in our standards like 1998. Even then we didn't play many friendlies except being shattered by some Italian club reservers. Still, good physical training enabled us to fight well. WC is not where you shine with a crash course of sexy friendlies, but running hard can often save faces for less fortunate teams.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Amen! and so are Japan and Korea, and perhaps Ausies.
When was the last time you even watched Australia play? My guess is not for a while, even if you didn't watch them play and lets just say you came to that conclusion by looking at their recent results. Even based on recent results, Australia is in a very, very bad period in their national team currently. Their squad is quite average, not to mention they might very well be one of the oldest sides heading into Brazil.

Japan, S.Korea & Iran are Asia's top 3 right now, Australia a close 4th.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Those in doubt of carlos Q ability as a football coach despite qualifying Iran with three straight wins in their last three games and beating the arrogant koreans in their own turf should take a look at his resume and who he worked with (sir Alex Ferguson ) ........

Trust this guy , apart from his knowledge he is very passionate towards team melli , he knows what he is doing and he does it well .....he knows football more than you and me and all the football coaches in Iran put together .

He is the best thing that happened in Iran football for a very long time , appreciate and cherish his presence .....

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Not necessarily. We won't go far in the WC anyway but we can do well in our standards like 1998. Even then we didn't play many friendlies except being shattered by some Italian club reservers. Still, good physical training enabled us to fight well. WC is not where you shine with a crash course of sexy friendlies, but running hard can often save faces for less fortunate teams.
No running hard cant save faces in the end all that matters is how much experience you have. Besides the same reason why we failed in the world cup 98 is we had no decent friendly's before the world cup except maybe one good team I think it was I dont remember. How do you know we cant be like everyone else and go far in the world cup were you told by a witch or fortune teller? Yeah i agree with u with no good preparation our chances are very limited however..

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
You really believe we failed and did bad in WC 98? I think most people would agree we did very well...
Yeah I do because when you don't go ahead it means you have failed. We lost all our games except the USA game and that in my opinion is failure. Its simple as this when you don't go to the next rounds in football you have simply failed. Yes it was our 2nd world cup after a very long time but I seriously expected more from those guys even Ali Daei..

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Yeah I do because when you don't go ahead it means you have failed. We lost all our games except the USA game and that in my opinion is failure. Its simple as this when you don't go to the next rounds in football you have simply failed. Yes it was our 2nd world cup after a very long time but I seriously expected more from those guys even Ali Daei..
You seem to have a very simplistic, black and white kind of perspective on looking at things. Not advancing = Failure & Advancing = Success, end of story. So then if teams like Argentina, Germany, Spain etc. advance to second round then gets knocked out then that would count as a good WC for them according to you right? Because you obviously dont care about the strenght and potential of the teams in relation to their opponents...

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
You seem to have a very simplistic, black and white kind of perspective on looking at things. Not advancing = Failure & Advancing = Success, end of story. So then if teams like Argentina, Germany, Spain etc. advance to second round then gets knocked out then that would count as a good WC for them according to you right? Because you obviously dont care about the strenght and potential of the teams in relation to their opponents...
No see what I am trying to say is that for teams that haven't gone to the second round of the world cup I mean if they go to the second round then that would be a kind of success for them. But for teams that have already done this then that would not be as successful as say becoming the final four or having won the world cup. You understand what I am trying to say?.. I do care about the strength and potential but its not important as actually becoming successful. If you have potential and don't become successful what is the point to have that potential.. For example everyone said Freddy Adu when he was younger would turn out to be a great player because he had great potential but did he actually become a good player. That is where I am trying to get with this but with only country's not players. Also we need to measure success by our accomplishments. Winning one game only in three world cups is plainly terrible stats.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
No see what I am trying to say is that for teams that haven't gone to the second round of the world cup I mean if they go to the second round then that would be a kind of success for them. But for teams that have already done this then that would not be as successful as say becoming the final four or having won the world cup. You understand what I am trying to say?.. I do care about the strength and potential but its not important as actually becoming successful. If you have potential and don't become successful what is the point to have that potential.. For example everyone said Freddy Adu when he was younger would turn out to be a great player because he had great potential but did he actually become a good player. That is where I am trying to get with this but with only country's not players. Also we need to measure success by our accomplishments. Winning one game only in three world cups is plainly terrible stats.
It depends what your definition of success is. I dont know how much you remember from that time but I remember clear as day that when we had to play Australia in playoff none thought we had a chance and that Australia would destroy us, which they actually did but we got really lucky and managed to advance by getting a DRAW (we never even managed to beat the aussies really) and that was considered as the MIRACLE OF THE CENTURY. It was such a success people went berzerk in the street out of happiness and joy.

Now to get back on topic, did you really expect the team that MIRACOLUESLY managed to get a draw with Australia was going to beat the likes of Germany and Yugoslavia at the world cup? Even beating USA was considered extremely difficult and against the odds, but we managed to do that, we managed to beat the odds and get our first ever world cup win against a superior opponent. Now isnt that success? Even according to your own definition of success we managed to get 1 step further than before by getting our first win, how can that not be success??

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
It depends what your definition of success is. I dont know how much you remember from that time but I remember clear as day that when we had to play Australia in playoff none thought we had a chance and that Australia would destroy us, which they actually did but we got really lucky and managed to advance by getting a DRAW (we never even managed to beat the aussies really) and that was considered as the MIRACLE OF THE CENTURY. It was such a success people went berzerk in the street out of happiness and joy.

Now to get back on topic, did you really expect the team that MIRACOLUESLY managed to get a draw with Australia was going to beat the likes of Germany and Yugoslavia at the world cup? Even beating USA was considered extremely difficult and against the odds, but we managed to do that, we managed to beat the odds and get our first ever world cup win against a superior opponent. Now isnt that success? Even according to your own definition of success we managed to get 1 step further than before by getting our first win, how can that not be success??
your right it is success but very very very very tiny success. But what I am trying to say is we maybe could have pulled of a win against Yugoslavia to advance but we didn't. Look miraculously or not we managed to get to the world cup. but in that same time we didn't have any good preparation( and good friendly's) and we were very under confident but today its totally different story we already have the confidence to win against good teams but we need the experience to gain the upper hand. When you play good teams you will get experience and that will also give you confidence to stand your ground and fight against big teams to win. For example we played against Brazil first and we lost 3-0 and then one month or two months later we played against Russia and we won 1-0. Winning our first big European team in my eyes is success but we really need to do is re adapt the way we played against Russia against every single team we face in the world cup.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Seriously, the Guinea game had been confirmed and is on the FIFA calendar?! :chat:

What possible benefit is there playing an African team that did not qualify for 2 of the last 3 Africa Cup of Nations and bowed out in the group stage at the other one?! We could have at least played one of the big teams that didn't make it, like Egypt, Tunisia, South Africa or Morocco. Hell, it would have even made more sense to play Ethiopia since they played against Nigeria! This is so retarded - why Guinea?!

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
I am not a Liverpool supporter, but your completely right. If "my lads" (Bayern Munich) went up against Man Utd it would go from comedy to tragedy, very, very quickly,..for Man Utd that is..
oh i thought you were a scouse. In that case i would not want to go up against your lads. I was born not far from munich so I am extremely proud of how Bayern are playing for the last couple of years.