WTH is wrong with CQ?

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
mate there's already a thread on this but hopefully it's not going to happen..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...tenham-managers-job-on-a-permanent-basis.html

Tim Sherwood is hoping to be told by chairman Daniel Levy that he has got the Tottenham Hotspur job.
Having secured his first Premier League victory as interim head coach with a 3-2 win against Southampton, Sherwood is expecting to meet Levy on Monday at the club’s Enfield training ground.
The pair are poised to hold detailed talks over the vacant post, with Sherwood keen to find out whether he will succeed Andre Villas-Boas – at least until the end of the season and possibly beyond.
Should the discussions go well, Sherwood could be confirmed as head coach before the Boxing Day match against West Bromwich.
Sherwood’s immediate prospects were boosted on Sunday night, when another one of his rival candidates, Louis van Gaal, insisted that he would not combine the Spurs role with his job as Holland manager. However, sources in Holland claimed Levy had visited the Dutchman’s home to hold talks.
Related Articles
Adebayor steals show for Sherwood's Spurs 22 Dec 2013
Hoddle admits he wants Spurs job 22 Dec 2013
Spurs reject Baldini's offer to resign 21 Dec 2013
Southampton v Tottenham preview 20 Dec 2013
Laudrup rules himself out contention 20 Dec 2013
Sherwood in the dark over future 20 Dec 2013
Van Gaal did, however, admit that he could be open to an offer once his contract with Holland ends after the World Cup finals next summer. Tottenham have also made enquiries over Frank de Boer and Murat Yakin.
“Everyone who knows me, knows I won’t do a job share,” Van Gaal said. “I’ve always said I want to work in the Premier League, so there’s a chance. But there are times a deal is announced and there are times it’s in preparation. At that time, there’s no time for media.”
Sherwood’s decision to recall Emmanuel Adebayor has paid dividends, with the striker netting another two goals in the win against Southampton. Jos Hooiveld also scored an own-goal to help Spurs to three crucial points at St Mary’s. “The ideal thing for me is to have a chat with the chairman and see what’s best for the football club moving forward,” the 44-year-old Sherwood said. “I need to know what they’re thinking. I don’t want this job for five minutes. That’s no interest to me. Are we going to move it forward or not? There are some great candidates out there for this job. It’s a massive club with history and tradition. But whatever happens needs to be right for me, too.”
Sherwood gave notice of how Tottenham may look under him by picking an attacking line-up and sending 19-year-old Nabil Bentaleb on for his debut as a substitute.
“It’s the only way I know how to play,” Sherwood said. “It could have gone pear-shaped at the death, they could have got a ricochet and it might have gone in. Shore it up, people might have said. But you shore it up by keeping the ball. We should have been out of sight by then. There shouldn’t have been any nail-biting.”
Adebayor has now scored three goals in two games since being restored to the team by Sherwood. He is grateful for his second chance and accused Villas-Boas of being disrespectful. “When I was coming to train and saw some of the team in the group picture, and I’m not in the team picture, that’s disrespectful to me,” Adebayor said. “They asked me to train with the reserves, so I did with pleasure. But I have been professional, I have kept my head up.
“Tim Sherwood told me, 'Emmanuel, I know you for a long time’ and he was with Harry [Redknapp].’ He told me, 'I need you, get out there, play your football, I will not tell you anything, you have been around the block, Arsenal, Manchester City, Real Madrid, you know how to play.’
“For me, that was big confidence, the new manager telling me that, and I am very happy for him. I want to thank my team-mates, they have been there for me, telling me to keep working hard and my chance will come.”

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
I couldn't find the other Thread?
hopefully CQ wont get the job, but what does this tell you? That CQ is keen to take the job.
Is IFF so fucked up, that a coach who takes a team to the biggest football event of them all, would rather not go there but take a club job instead?
I'm just asking.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
hopefully CQ wont get the job, but what does this tell you? That CQ is keen to take the job.
Is IFF so fucked up, that a coach who takes a team to the biggest football event of them all, would rather not go there but take a club job instead?
I'm just asking.
I dont think there is any worries, even in the worst case scenario if CQ accepts (which I dont think he will) and takes the job he wont leave until after the WC, and he is gonna leave 90% after WC anyway so wont make much difference.

And to calm you down even more, read this:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/engla...aal-hints-at-tottenham-agreement?ICID=HP_TS_1

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
I'm just asking.
well considering he has given up the opportunity to be at the WC before i wouldn't say it would mean that much... and plus we don't know if his interest was for this season or start of next as he is pretty sure to leave after wc anyway! and to be honest i judge him more for staying in iran with this federation than for giving up the post to coach a professional IPL team! lol ooh and if he goes chances are daei will take the job which means we won't do fuck all in the world cup as we probably wouldn't have done anyway but i might get to meet daei in brazil (priorities man!) :)

p.s. just to clarify i definitely do not want CQ to go and be replaced by Daei but just trying to see the bright side if it does happen!