X-Mas special

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Merry X-Mas everyone!
Does anyone remember those days?
It was about twenty years ago and when I started watching football with my dad I dont remeber WC90 but do remember Denmark winning over Germany and Holland and also remember Iran not making the WC. But I remember thks two games perfectly and I wanted to share those with u guys. Enjoy and merry x-mas !
[video=youtube;Oanqxo5Kcfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oanqxo5Kcfk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
[video=youtube;oiiULixvnhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiiULixvnhs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
[video=youtube;6Wl2Gf6GYxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wl2Gf6GYxE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
[video=youtube;qrzFTdwqdWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrzFTdwqdWw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
It was about twenty years ago and when I started watching football with my dad...
bah.you have been watching football for only 20 years? boro ba bozorgtaret biya ta dar morede football on black & white TV sohbat konim.

Merry Xmass to you my friend and i enjoy your informative posts on Serie-A.thank you.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Thanks Mashdi jan!
I also enjoy your posts here, ISP wont be the same without you. And yes ma ke adady nisteem moghabeleh shoma, man hanooz voojood nadashtam vaghty shoma dashteed havaar mizadeed jeloye TV baraye TM va the reds.
This one is only for u...
[video=youtube;rc-l2dAdw-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-l2dAdw-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You made my night.

It actually made me overly nostalgic to the point of wanting to cry. I was a crazy Barca fan. Much more passionate than I have ever been about anything in my life. They lost the 94 final 4-0 to Milan and it had such a fucked up effect on me that my dad made me promise not to ever follow the game with that kind of passion again, and I listened to a certain degree.

You don't see me crying when Barca loses these days. I used to do that when they conceded a goal back in those days. My childhood was all about loving Barca and hating Milan.

I've grown up I guess :(

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I also remember absolutely loving Andy Muller and hating R. Baggio while admiring the magical pair at Juventus. There was no match for them.

My DINI (religion) teacher had told us not to put people like R. Baggio as our role models because he had converted to Buddhism which made him an evil person who would end up in hell. This was the only reason I disliked the brilliant R. Baggio. Think about all the other bullshit they had brainwashed us with.

At some point Juventus treated Baggio like crap when a young and promising Del Piero was doing a fine job filling the often injured/punished Baggio's shoes. I didn't like that at all. He was a legend and should've been treated like one.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Thanks Mashdi jan!
I also enjoy your posts here, ISP wont be the same without you. And yes ma ke adady nisteem moghabeleh shoma, man hanooz voojood nadashtam vaghty shoma dashteed havaar mizadeed jeloye TV baraye TM va the reds.
This one is only for u...
[video=youtube;rc-l2dAdw-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-l2dAdw-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
Thank you very much for kind words and the video.it brought some great memories back to me.

Best wishes for you in this holiday season.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
wow I was too young to watch football in those days, the first CL final I watched was 1998, Real Madrid-Juventus with Mijatovic scoring the winner. But the next one I watched remains the most memorable:

[video=youtube;XuPrhvBP0B0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPrhvBP0B0[/video]

Mashdi's getting spoiled in this thread ;)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
wow I was too young to watch football in those days, the first CL final I watched was 1998, Real Madrid-Juventus with Mijatovic scoring the winner. But the next one I watched remains the most memorable:

[video=youtube;XuPrhvBP0B0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPrhvBP0B0[/video]

Mashdi's getting spoiled in this thread ;)
Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's a conspiracy to kill me with joy.:)

Thanks for the video.thanks for your informative posts all around and your Dutch League updates.and best wishes for you.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I know how it use to feel like BT, I cried on two times when I was a kid. one time when Iran lost to Saudi in semi final in 96 and another time when Juve lost to Dortmund in CL final. I was a kid and emotion are running much higher than u grown up. I guess now I learnt how to deal with the worst better.
Baggio was my childhood hero and it was the saddest day of my life when he left. Juventus in generall specially those days with Trapattoni was alaways tough on its best players and had too much pressure on all of them from Vialli to Schilaci and then to Ravanelli, they all felt it. Plus Moggi alaway ran Juve like it was a Company too worry about the value of players he ended up selling players like Baggio and Zidan. But Baggio never got treated bettetr as he was benched many games behind Weah. At Inter he had a lot of injuries but even when he was fit he had hard time to get enough playing time throgh Zamorano and Ronaldo. Fiorentina and Bologna were the clubs treat him good but it was at Brescia where he found loved the most and he played one his best there. The most unfair thing was when he didnt get called up for Euro 96 I dont know what it was but he never ran or worked so hard nor he ever defended but he had skills that it only took a second to do its job. Juventus is an asshole sometimes like how they treated Giovinco and now Del Piero, they should never let Alex play football anywhere else, he is Juventus and he should retire with Juventus. I was very dissapointed at Angelli when he said it was Alex last season.
Foo that final with Real is still burns, Juve played so well. It was a battle and Davids and Seedorf had at eachother pre good. Roberto Carlos had a huge game that day but Juve was better and they were unfortunate. Man Untd that year in 99 were meant to win. They came back from 4-1 down in the second half in Del Alpi to score three goals to eliminate Juve reaching its fourth final in the row to win the trophy in that magical night in Barcelona. It still hurts.

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Man Untd that year in 99 were meant to win. They came back from 4-1 down in the second half in Del Alpi to score three goals to eliminate Juve reaching its fourth final in the row to win the trophy in that magical night in Barcelona. It still hurts.
You watched that game live too? wow.that was a great game by both teams.full action on both ends.i have that game in my CD archives.i watched it live in an English pub owned by a hardcore Arsenal fan.the guy went : " Oh Bullocks " when Roy Keane scored that header , and was almost in tears at the end of the match.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Yes I was watching that game live Mashdi, I was still in Iran and it was late night and I had school in the morning. I smashed my Nintendo to the ground after Montero fuck up that ends up into Cole scoring that third goal. I remember my dad came out and yelled at me. I really thought we won after Inzaghi scored the second goal. Inzaghi was denied hattrick twice that night once by Stam clearance off the line and another time he was offside. Beside the fact that Inzaghi and Del Piero were deadly pair, Andy Cole and York were one of the deadliest pair Ive seen. That Man Untd was the great team and they had been playing so long with eachother it was great to watch them play. I also remember they had a cracking ass game with Barca that year and Barcelona, Man Untd, Bayern and Juventus were all great teams that year but it was the Red Devil who had the luck to win it.