Is Assad at the verge and what does his fall mean for Iran?!

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Syrian army offensive in Darayya - ANNA

End is near, government forces are winning conflict

[video=youtube;Lkh74WluRow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkh74WluRow[/video]

May 12, 2007
It means nothing for Iranian people personally I prefer Basij get's involved in those places as much as possible so they suddenly lose control over Iran. If Asad falls Hezbollah will center in Iran.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Syrian army offensive in Darayya - ANNA
End is near, government forces are winning conflict
Dude, why don't you get on the right side of history for once? How can a government that's shelling its own cities and killing its own citizens possibly win? It's the responsibility of every government to provide security and protection for its citizens, so no matter what the outcome, Assad is fighting a losing battle. Syrians are never going to look at this situation as Assad having won, even if he managed to crush the rebellion (which is impossible at this point). The only win in this situation is for people like you who think the Iran/Syria/Hezbollah corridor is going to remain open and the provide resistance to Zionism.

Who cares about the 50,000+ Muslim civilians who have died or the 2 million who have lost their homes or been displaced living as refugees. Zionism was bad for having done a fraction of that in the late 40's and 50's and you guys are whining about it 6 decades later, but when Assad does it, it's all good and as long as he stays on and the promise of killing a few Israelis down the road stays alive, people like you are happy!
whack:

On a lighter note, I see the Russians are selling their dash cams to the Syrian army! ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The rebels take their first major town...

Syria crisis: Raqqa governor held by rebels 'as city falls'

BBC News
March 5th, 2013

Syrian rebels have captured the governor of the northern province of Raqqa after over-running most its capital city, activists say. Amateur video said to be from Raqqa appeared to show Hassan Jalili and another senior ruling party official seated among jubilant armed fighters. The takeover of Raqqa would mark a major gain for the rebels in their two-year fight against the regime.

Reports say clashes were continuing in parts of Raqqa, with more troops sent. In the past rebels have often struggled to hold on to territory they have taken. Pro-regime forces - including those at the provincial airport about 60km (40 miles) from Raqqa - remain a threat, fighters in the city said. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), a UK-based activist group, said after much of Raqqa fell to rebels, warplanes carried out two air raids on the city. There were reports of casualties. SOHR director Rami Abdul-Rahman said fierce fighting was taking place around the intelligence building and other areas, and that some of Raqqa was still under government control, the Associated Press news agency reported.

Statue toppled

In video posted on the internet, a large number of purported government soldiers and pro-government gunmen are seen sitting on the ground, surrounded by rebels shouting "Allahu Akbar!" (God is greatest). In other footage the governor of Raqqa, Hassan Jalili, is shown seated alongside the ruling Baath party's secretary general for Raqqa province, Suleiman Suleiman, also surrounded by rebels.

"All we want is to get rid of the regime," a voice is heard telling the two captives. The SOHR described Mr Jalili's seizure as "the highest profile capture by rebels of a regime official". According to the SOHR, a high-ranking state security officer was also taken captive by rebels, and a senior police official was killed. The SOHR is one of the most prominent organisations documenting and reporting incidents and casualties in the Syrian conflict. The group says its reports are impartial, though its information cannot be independently verified.

The group said the jihadist al-Nusra Front were among the rebel groups which took part in fierce fighting against regime forces in the city. There were scenes of jubilation in the central square, where residents pulled down a statue of former Syrian President Hafez al-Assad, a rope tied around its neck. People then jumped on the fallen statue and hit it with their shoes. Video footage purported to be from the square showed two explosions hitting shortly after the statue was toppled, causing casualties and sending people fleeing.

The cameraman is heard to say: "War plane shelling... God is greater than you, Bashar [al-Assad]...The injured have fallen." Raqqa, situated on the Euphrates River near the Turkish border, has been a refuge for hundreds of thousands of Syrians who fled the violence in other parts of the country. According to Reuters news agency, some residents had pleaded with rebels not to enter the city, fearing it would bring retribution from government forces. "The fear now is that the regime will hit Scud missiles indiscriminately at Raqqa to punish the population," Nawaf al-Ali, Raqqa's representative in the opposition Syrian National Coalition, was quoted by the agency as saying.

[video=youtube_share;zO2WRlepeKQ]http://youtu.be/zO2WRlepeKQ[/video]

Last edited:

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Dude, why don't you get on the right side of history for once? How can a government that's shelling its own cities and killing its own citizens possibly win? It's the responsibility of every government to provide security and protection for its citizens

so no matter what the outcome, Assad is fighting a losing battle. Syrians are never going to look at this situation as Assad having won, even if he managed to crush the rebellion (which is impossible at this point). The only win in this situation is for people like you who think the Iran/Syria/Hezbollah corridor is going to remain open and the provide resistance to Zionism.

Who cares about the 50,000+ Muslim civilians who have died or the 2 million who have lost their homes or been displaced living as refugees. Zionism was bad for having done a fraction of that in the late 40's and 50's and you guys are whining about it 6 decades later, but when Assad does it, it's all good and as long as he stays on and the promise of killing a few Israelis down the road stays alive, people like you are happy!
whack:

On a lighter note, I see the Russians are selling their dash cams to the Syrian army! ;)

Assad called for peaceful dialogue at the very beginning of the conflict. If you can remember he lifted the ''emergency declaration'' which was imposed by his father. He had many reforms on the agenda but armed gangs supported and funded by foreign states created havoc.What would US government do if the ''99%'' crowd picked up arms and started destroying infrastracture and murdering people ? I am pretty sure the US would deploy its troops on the streets, just like the Syrian government. And Baath party in Syria is for decades anti Israeli and is major player in the resistance front.

The rebels take their first major town...
I told you about this before, ina shero vere. I give the insurgents max 2 months to hold this town before facing the wrath of the legitimate government forces.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^^ You understanding of the situation is completely incorrect my friend. This thing started with peaceful demonstrations almost exactly two years to the date and went on for a few weeks, when Assad sent in the army to quell the demonstrations. Don't forget, his father had massacred 20,000 in Hama in 1981 and that's why I'm telling you that governments that do that never win - they may be able to hold on to power for longer, but they will never win. So Assad sent in the army in April, they were firing live rounds into peaceful unarmed demonstrations in May and the armed uprising did not begin until May (when many people had already dies). If you haven't been following the events from the beginning, which it doesn't look like you have, catch up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
^^^ You understanding of the situation is completely incorrect my friend. This thing started with peaceful demonstrations almost exactly two years to the date and went on for a few weeks, when Assad sent in the army to quell the demonstrations. Don't forget, his father had massacred 20,000 in Hama in 1981 and that's why I'm telling you that governments that do that never win - they may be able to hold on to power for longer, but they will never win. So Assad sent in the army in April, they were firing live rounds into peaceful unarmed demonstrations in May and the armed uprising did not begin until May (when many people had already dies). If you haven't been following the events from the beginning, which it doesn't look like you have, catch up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war
Well, you are on the American side so we never can agree on the patern of the events on the begining of conflict. I told already, Russia-grozny, Russia literally crushed the entire guerilla movement there. You are lucky Assad cares about residential buildings otherwise he would order Syrian artillery units to raze every building in Syria to the ground. Then we will see where the terrorists can hide. If Assad literally orders Syrian army to wage war on entire Syria the war can be won but for now they are fighting armed gangs that are spread throughout syria like tumor

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well, you are on the American side so we never can agree on the patern of the events on the begining of conflict. I told already, Russia-grozny, Russia literally crushed the entire guerilla movement there. You are lucky Assad cares about residential buildings otherwise he would order Syrian artillery units to raze every building in Syria to the ground. Then we will see where the terrorists can hide. If Assad literally orders Syrian army to wage war on entire Syria the war can be won but for now they are fighting armed gangs that are spread throughout syria like tumor
What American side bro? I'm on the side of humanity truth and justice. It's not like I gave you a FOX News link - it's a Wiki link updated from multiple sources and I've been following this thing from day 1 on multiple sources. Go read it and if you don't agree with it, then say for example, no Assad did not send in the army in April or the armed struggle began in February or something with a clear source that supports that view. I'd love to see the other side too...

The problem is that you get all your news from Press TV and therefore you're only getting one side of it. Because the IR wanted to keep the Syrian thing under wrap PressTV did not even start reporting on most incidents in Syria until May or June which is why you think it started with an armed rebellion straightaway.

You know I've posted that verse about not spreading deceit and falsehood a few times for you. If you really believe in the Quran and God, you should take those things more seriously.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Funny thing, that's what was said about the Shah. Only if he had let his generals loose he'd be in power now. Qaddafi could have razed towns too but he didn't because he couldn't. Now it is Assad's turn. Let me tell you something, if he could he would. It is not because of lack of trying.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
People like Hassan moan and cry over injustices of 1400 years ago with Imam Husayn (ra) etc. but they do not apply those same principles to today's world. Which means their care or concern for pinciples is a Big FAT SHAM. So it becomes extra sad to see them beat themselves and cry for these events when things happen in front of their eyes.

It's great to see Assad's statues fall. Creating these idealized idols are a huge part of dictatorship's strategies to psychologically manipulate and demoralize people and stamp their authority. All dictators utilize the strategy of polytheism and idol-worshipping, from Khomeini to Stalin ... Destruction of statues and idol pictures putsa dent in the strategies of dictators (and their followers who are extremely offended and hurt by the destruction of their idols).

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Arash Jan , a.K.a , Hassan Agha
I never thought you have the smarts and intelligent to become a troll like this and gather a following in ISP. Congratulation, JOB WELL DONE. You have managed to get reaction of people and play them around and ridicule them with your posts. I guess there are TOO MANY KOSKHOLS here who are too high on themselves and are not able to see what you are doing. Keep on playing these fools pal.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I like to look at this from a whole different angle.....
Let's say it is the Shah era in Iran and some Saudi supported Sunni Islamists with the help of some Kurdish Separatists take over a City in Kurdistan. Who would you be pulling for if the Shah sent troops to deal with them?
I know hate for IR and Assad is making many of you take side with the so called "Liberators" in Syria.......but trust me, liberation or Democracy is the farthest goal on their agenda.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I like to look at this from a whole different angle.....
Let's say it is the Shah era in Iran and some Saudi supported Sunni Islamists with the help of some Kurdish Separatists take over a City in Kurdistan.
It's always good to look at it from a different angle Massi joon, but you missed over 50,000 civilian lives, 1 million registered refugees, 4 million people inside Syria in dire need of basic necessities and entire city blocks having been flattened between the "Shah era in Iran" and "Kurdish separatists taking over a city in Kurdistan"! The only reason we still have the luxury of looking at the Shah with some sympathy and admiration at this point, is because he refused to send Iran and Iranians down this road in the face of the same Islamo-centric enemy (i.e. same $hit he faced with a different name) in the first place. Had he not left and started dropping bombs on Tehran and Mashad instead, forcing Iran into a long and destructive civil war, would any of us look at the Shah era in a positive light to even do the comparison you're trying to make?! Not a rhetorical question.