Is Assad at the verge and what does his fall mean for Iran?!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Assad seems to be nicely boxed in. To appreciate the fix he is in imagine if there was an insurgency in Iran where half the country was under their control. It really takes an army to accomplish that. I still don't know how they did that. They just can't be "rebels".

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
^^^ That's a Chinese FN-6. How the hell did they get their hands on those? Syria was not an official operator of those (which means they didn't take them from arms depots they raides), neither are any Arab countries and it would be odd if the Chinese sold it to the rebels or their supporters since they're supposedly on Assad's site. That leaves Sudan as the only possible source for those! I just did a quick search and apparently they've been turning up everywhere in Syria since early February!!!
Mr, G.
I think pilot and his Co were both asleep. How could they not pay attention to RWR warning and immediately deploy Chaff, FN-6 is a heat seeker MANPAD which can easily be countered by Chaff. If that chopper was from Syrian air force or army then it is possible it was russian made. Ruskys equipped all their choppers with RWR and Chaff as soon as Afghan fighters got their hands on Stingers. God knows how many people were inside that chopper who perished burning alive in a fire ball.

Also looking at the video footage I can't even see a "Dot" in the sky. How could rebels see it? Even if they did, it will only be mostly the bottom part visible, how could they identify it? Darn thing could be an ambulance, firefighter, News channel, or simply a private helo chartered by civis.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Assad seems to be nicely boxed in. To appreciate the fix he is in imagine if there was an insurgency in Iran where half the country was under their control. It really takes an army to accomplish that. I still don't know how they did that. They just can't be "rebels".
This is a good article that explain that: http://www.understandingwar.org/report/assad-regime

Mr, G.
I think pilot and his Co were both asleep. How could they not pay attention to RWR warning and immediately deploy Chaff, FN-6 is a heat seeker MANPAD which can easily be countered by Chaff. If that chopper was from Syrian air force or army then it is possible it was russian made. Ruskys equipped all their choppers with RWR and Chaff as soon as Afghan fighters got their hands on Stingers. God knows how many people were inside that chopper who perished burning alive in a fire ball.

Also looking at the video footage I can't even see a "Dot" in the sky. How could rebels see it? Even if they did, it will only be mostly the bottom part visible, how could they identify it? Darn thing could be an ambulance, firefighter, News channel, or simply a private helo chartered by civis.
Apparently, they've been scoring a lot of hits with choppers lately Mr. A, but like you said, who knows what they're shooting at! The only audio on these videos is usually "Allah-o-Akbar" not "great we brought down an MI-24"!!! ;)

I looked up the FN-6 on Wiki. Apparently it has infrared detection and a good one at that, although some of this stuff sounds Chinese to me - no pun intended! Here's what Wiki says about that - I'm sure it makes more sense to you than to me. I have no clue what a "four unit infrared seeker" means:

"The FN-6 is a third generation, passive infrared,[1] man portable air defence system (MANPAD). It is equipped with a digital infrared seeker with a strong resistance to flares, solar heat and heat from the ground. The pyramid shaped nose of the missile houses the four unit infrared seeker. The handle of the launcher houses the batteries and cooling system. An IFF antenna and an optional clip-on optical sight are fitted on to the launcher."

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
می گفتند اسد می خواهد بمب های شیمیایی استفاده کند
اینطور که پیداست این تروریست های القاعده خودشان بمب شیمیایی استفاده کردند

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Unfortunately as expected, parts of Syria including Aleppo now under Sharia law: http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2013/03/al_nusrah_front_allies_impose.php

Syrian government, the rebels, US, France and Britain have all demanded an independent investigation from the UN on the potential chemical attack that took place on Tuesday and the latest is that the UN has agreed to this and is making the preparations, although Ban Ki Moon said that it won't take place "over night". In the meantime, some news is starting to circulate that the attack was carried out with a Scud-B missile armed with a chemical warhead with Agent 15 in it. Although, the rebels have ceased Scud-B missiles from Assad in the past few months, none of them were reported to be operational (and most were laden with explosives), so if this news is true, it would most likely point the finger at the regime, rather that the rebels: http://www.debka.com/article/22837/DEBKAfile-Rocket-fired-in-Aleppo-contained-Agent-15-

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Unfortunately....lol

Seyyed bisavaad, haalaa mige "unfortunately". Na bisavaad, these are the US backed liberators. Yaadet raft? :)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Mr. A, is this an Iranian Toofan missile being fired here? I have never seen these used in any Syrian videos before..

[video=youtube_share;sY3jJ7zkAK4]http://youtu.be/sY3jJ7zkAK4[/video]

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Unfortunately....lol

Seyyed bisavaad, haalaa mige "unfortunately". Na bisavaad, these are the US backed liberators. Yaadet raft? :)
Eh, saule nowt mobarak dadash. I was actually thinking about you earlier. :)

You're the one who was claiming these are "US backed" terrorists. So, perhaps you care to explain how the enforcement of Sharia law next door to Israel is in the interest of US foreign policy or supports your argument that they were indeed backed by the US?!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Seyyed, khodeto nazan be kooche ali chap. Too oon thread iran-syria hame chi tozih daadeh shode. Who ever is still doubting that the US is backing these Takfirists and salafists must either be a complete idiot or he is play acting the idiot on purpose because the americans are not even denying it themselves.

Aakhe ye keshvare darbo daaghoon ke biofte daste takfiri haa o salafi haa che khatari vaase esraali daare? say kon mokheto be kaar bendaazi? Na infrastructure, na artesh, na do taa khiaaboone saalem, na dige nationalisme arab ke hezbe baath syria maadare in nationalisme arab bood...ye keshvare daaghoon ro bede be in heyvoonaa, inaa faghat mioftan be joone shia o alavi o kord o masihi o yahoodi, ...these salafis are simple guys, they dont know anything about economy, they dont know a shit about building up a country, they only want their backward godsstate. Aakhe ye hamchin keshvari che khatari vaase esraail daare? Be sure, if israel had anything against it, this whole shit wouldnt have happened. Never ever. Israel will have a completely damaged country up north, with incapable guys runing it and not giving a fuck about anything else than to paak saaziye keshvar az gheyre takfirihaa. israelies will laugh their asses off because the a side affect of all this would be the isolation of Hezbollah of lebanon that would be cut of iranian and syrian weapons because these takfiris cant stand those shia hezbollah in lebanon either. Fahmidane in aa sakht nist, faghat mokhe saalem va vojdaane paak mikhaad ke shomaa haa nadaarid. assad ke bere hamin amrika ke daare be in heyvoonaa komak mikone, dige na komake maali beheshoon mikone na komake taslihaati. Yani faghat daaran azashoon estefaadeh mikonan vaase az beyn bordane sekularism too mantaghe va az beyn bordane hokoomat haaye nationalist too mantaghe. Dorost hamin kaar ro baa shah ham kardan, montaahaa shaah khaaye assad ro nadaasht eyne mobarak kaase koozasho jam kard raft.
Berid oon thread iran-syria ro bekhoonid, hame chi oonjaa neveshteh shode. hamoon threadi ke daaro dastatoon be goh keshidesh va ye moderator ham oomad shod sar dam daaretoon
http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?78225-Iran-Syria&p=998284#post998284

Last edited by a moderator:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Seyyed, khodeto nazan be kooche ali chap. Too oon thread iran-syria hame chi tozih daadeh shode. Who ever is still doubting that the US is backing these Takfirists and salafists must either be a complete idiot or he is play acting the idiot on purpose because the americans are not even denying it themselves.

Aakhe ye keshvare darbo daaghoon ke biofte daste takfiri haa o salafi haa che khatari vaase esraali daare? say kon mokheto be kaar bendaazi? Na infrastructure, na artesh, na do taa khiaaboone saalem, na dige nationalisme arab ke hezbe baath syria maadare in nationalisme arab bood...ye keshvare daaghoon ro bede be in heyvoonaa, inaa faghat mioftan be joone shia o alavi o kord o masihi o yahoodi, ...these salafis are simple guys, they dont know anything about economy, they dont know a shit about building up a country, they only want their backward godsstate. Aakhe ye hamchin keshvari che khatari vaase esraail daare? Be sure, if israel had anything against it, this whole shit wouldnt have happened. Never ever. Israel will have a completely damaged country up north, with incapable guys runing it and not giving a fuck about anything else than to paak saaziye keshvar az gheyre takfirihaa. israelies will laugh their asses off because the a side affect of all this would be the isolation of Hezbollah of lebanon that would be cut of iranian and syrian weapons because these takfiris cant stand those shia hezbollah in lebanon either. Fahmidane in aa sakht nist, faghat mokhe saalem va vojdaane paak mikhaad ke shomaa haa nadaarid. assad ke bere hamin amrika ke daare be in heyvoonaa komak mikone, dige na komake maali beheshoon mikone na komake taslihaati. Yani faghat daaran azashoon estefaadeh mikonan vaase az beyn bordane sekularism too mantaghe va az beyn bordane hokoomat haaye nationalist too mantaghe. Dorost hamin kaar ro baa shah ham kardan, montaahaa shaah khaaye assad ro nadaasht eyne mobarak kaase koozasho jam kard raft.
Berid oon thread iran-syria ro bekhoonid, hame chi oonjaa neveshteh shode. hamoon threadi ke daaro dastatoon be goh keshidesh va ye moderator ham oomad shod sar dam daaretoon
http://forums.iransportspress.com/showthread.php?78225-Iran-Syria&p=998284#post998284
سید، khodeto نازان کوچه علی اختتامیه جشنواره صنعت چاپ. بیش از حد اون موضوع ایران و سوریه همه چی tozih daadeh shode. که تا کنون هنوز هم شک که ایالات متحده پشتیبان این Takfirists و سلفی ها یا باید به صورت یک ادم سفیه و احمق کامل است یا او بازی اقدام ادم سفیه و احمق بر روی هدف به این دلیل که آمریکایی ها حتی نمی توان انکار آن را خود.

Aakhe شما keshvare darbo daaghoon که biofte دست تکفیری haa O سلفی haa چه khatari vaase esraali daare؟ می گویند کن mokheto kaar bendaazi؟ زیرساخت های سدیم، سدیم ارتش، سدیم انجام taa khiaaboone saalem، سدیم دیگه nationalisme عرب، که حزب بعث سوریه maadare در nationalisme عربی بود ... یه keshvare daaghoon RO بده در heyvoonaa باشد، inaa فقط تو mioftan جون شیعه علوی O O کرد O مسیحی O در yahoodi، ... این سلفی بچه های ساده، آنها اصلا هر چیزی در مورد اقتصاد می دانیم، آنها نمی گه در مورد ایجاد یک کشور می دانم، آنها فقط می خواهند عقب مانده خود godsstate. Aakhe شما hamchin کشوری چه khatari vaase esraail daare؟ مطمئن باشید، اگر اسرائیل تا به حال چیزی در برابر آن، تمام این کثافت خودم رخ داده است. هرگز. اسرائیل یک کشور به طور کامل آسیب دیده تا شمال با بچه ها ناتوان runing و دادن فاک در مورد هر چیز دیگری نسبت به paak saaziye کشور از gheyre takfirihaa. israelies سنجش خود را از خنده به این دلیل که طرف از این همه تاثیر می گذارد می تواند انزوای حزب الله لبنان خواهد بود که از سلاح های ایران و سوریه قطع شده زیرا این نمی تونم تکفیری ایستادگی کسانی که حزب الله شیعه در لبنان یا. Fahmidane در ساخت AA NIST، فقط تو mokhe saalem و vojdaane paak mikhaad که shomaa haa nadaarid. اسد که bere همین amrika که daare در heyvoonaa komak mikone، دیگه سدیم komake maali beheshoon mikone سدیم komake taslihaati. فقط تو Yani daaran azashoon estefaadeh mikonan vaase از beyn sekularism bordane بیش از حد mantaghe VA AZ beyn bordane hokoomat ناسیونالیستی haaye بیش از حد mantaghe است. درست همین kaar RO بع بع شاه هام کاردان، montaahaa shaah khaaye اسد RO nadaasht eyne مبارک kaase koozasho جم کرد قایق.
Berid اون موضوع ایران و سوریه RO bekhoonid، hame چی oonjaa neveshteh shode. هامون threadi که daaro dastatoon GOH keshidesh و شما ژامبون مدیر oomad شد daaretoon سد SA

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

Right. So, you're basically saying that the Israelis and Americans did this to get rid of a secular leader who was a proven threat to Israel because he had defeated them in every engagement, had put together impenetrable air defences which the Israelis were not able to breach at will, and had a very dangerous and aggressive strategy to take back Golan and possibly invade Israel, and to replace him with a Taliban style, Al-Qaeda linked group dedicated to suicide bombings and killing civilians, now armed with anti-tank and surface-to-air missiles, long range Scuds and potentially chemical weapons, because the Americans and the international community have demonstrated in Afghanistan that fighting such an enemy is an absolute breeze and much easier than taking on the likes of Assad and Kaddafi.

You're right my friend, that's so simple and ingenious. I'm sorry that my bisavadi and vojdane-na-paak prevented me from seeing that before. :cheers:

Right. So, you're basically saying that the Israelis and Americans did this to get rid of a secular leader who was a proven threat to Israel because he had defeated them in every engagement, had put together impenetrable air defences which the Israelis were not able to breach at will, and had a very dangerous and aggressive strategy to take back Golan and possibly invade Israel, and to replace him with a Taliban style, Al-Qaeda linked group dedicated to suicide bombings and killing civilians, now armed with anti-tank and surface-to-air missiles, long range Scuds and potentially chemical weapons, because the Americans and the international community have demonstrated in Afghanistan that fighting such an enemy is an absolute breeze and much easier than taking on the likes of Assad and Kaddafi.

You're right my friend, that's so simple and ingenious. I'm sorry that my bisavadi and vojdane-na-paak prevented me from seeing that before. :cheers:
He's right about the rebels being backed by both Turkey and Israel (essentially the US) though, otherwise they would've been crushed with relative ease a long time ago.

This is pretty much Sepah vs. NATO's Basij force. NATO has these insurgency forces all over the world. Sepah also has baby-versions of itself in different Geda-Goshne corners (Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Bosina and Chechen).

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005

Go and read the article of Oded Yinon written back in 1980. (i have posted it on this forum a while back). Aakhe man inaaro baayad baa yeki dar moredesh sohabat konam ke laa aghal ABC siaasat ro befahme. What you see is not even the surface, what really is is much deeper and older. You need to go and find out what this Baath party was all about and how they came up and what they follwed. Hameye inaaro man too oon iran-syria thread vaase amsaale to tozih daadeh boodam vali chon mokho savaade siaasitoon nemikeshid, be jafang goftan o koso sher parooni oftaadid.

Israel itself has never denied the fact that they regarded the baath party as their main enemy. Period. First they fearled Iraq so the americans destroyed iraq in their favour and now they are trying to devastate and eliminate the last remaining parts of baath party becasue its the most advanced, ideologically most powerfull arab party with pan-arab and social-nationalistic tendencies that never got along with zionism in our region. All tries of arab unity in the last 50 years where rooted in baathist ideologies. The Israelies are not as superfucial as you guys, they are by far more literate about what baath means to arabs. While the reactionary gulf arabs could always be bought by the americans and israelies the baathisst of Iraq and Syria never made any kind of compromiss with zionists. Israel knows they are still surrounded by hundred of millions of arabs and they are still a small country that could not make use of mass destruction weapons without destroying themselves in the process. They always had to be aware of Baath party, once this baath partry is destroyed, there is no other party there that could one day unite the arabs agains the israelis and the israelies know that. The whole shit thats happening over there, is a clear try to eliminate the oldest ideological and organized bases of arab nationalism which israel has always cosidered as top priority. The probelm with you guys is -believe it or not- your political illiteracy in combination of por rooi o bi vojdaani. Really, its as simple as i state it.

Last edited by a moderator: