Eid mobarak

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well , if you have to go then you have to go no matter where you are. shitting in one's pants is the ultimate embarrassment. :)

This thread is making me hungry. i think i have a pair of Donbalan in my freezer ready for BBQ action. together with a pint of beer should be a tasty way to celebrate Eid Fetr.
Yesterday I was at the pub and this group of Iranians walk in consisting of 3 somewhat religious looking men and 4 fully covered in Hejab women.

I joked to my friend "dude, are they here to celebrate Eide Fetr with beer?"

Sure enough, 2 pitchers of beer were taken to their table a few minutes later. One of them ordered a plate of ribs! We couldn't stop laughing and our Korean server was in tears when she realized the contradiction.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I once made the mistake of taking my dog for a walk in Iran, and I had everything from good Iranian muslims cursing at me, spitting in our direction, to even trying to kick my dog. Mind you this was in shomal where people aren't even that religious. Spare me this nonsense about animal rights in Islam. Also muslims not torturing animals before killing them for their meat? Pure fantasy. They aren't getting full body massages dude.
It must have been a small dog. I walked my German shepherd in the "dar va dehate" Isfahan (Ashkavand) to be specific & never experienced that. Maybe roostais are more civilized or because they have sheep dogs or maybe this dog was huge & they were scared of it they didn't do the same. The kids would even come up & ask if they can pet it.
On a separate note a funny thing I once saw was an old woman with chador meshky walking another German Shepard in charbaghe bala which is a busy main street in Isfahan. It was a very funny scene. People would slow down just to check it out.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This thread is making me hungry. i think i have a pair of Donbalan in my freezer ready for BBQ action. together with a pint of beer should be a tasty way to celebrate Eid Fetr.

Mashdi jaan went to the pub last night after having a couple of shots of Whiskey. Ordered 4 beers and they were so busy I got charged only for 1. Gave a good tip to the guy as I am a usual there and was having a good time with some older woman that was hitting on me in the patio.. She looked light black but ended up being half Indian and half something else (Don’t remember). Had some buffalo wings, and fries which hit the spot. Of course it is not in the level of your “Donbalan” kabob but I have to say it was a pretty good day!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Yesterday I was at the pub and this group of Iranians walk in consisting of 3 somewhat religious looking men and 4 fully covered in Hejab women.

Sure enough, 2 pitchers of beer were taken to their table a few minutes later. One of them ordered a plate of ribs! We couldn't stop laughing and our Korean server was in tears when she realized the contradiction.

This is exactly the contradiction with these fuckers. They are all a bunch of liars and fakers and cannot really come-out and show their true colors. The ones you should be scared the most of... This is just like the "Chador" poem by Iran Mirza and that she does everything and gives it up but never lets the chador fall off. Now Ill wait until some apologist come out and try to defend them!!!!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This is exactly the contradiction with these fuckers. They are all a bunch of liars and fakers and cannot really come-out and show their true colors. The ones you should be scared the most of... This is just like the "Chador" poem by Iran Mirza and that she does everything and gives it up but never lets the chador fall off. Now Ill wait until some apologist come out and try to defend them!!!!
Dishonesty. Fear of truth. All goes back to dishonest parenting and childhood fears. I will keep typing these words until I'm proven wrong.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Pooya jaan, you're being a little harsh bro. If someone wants to interpret the intoxication passage in the Quran a certain way or interpret the hejab or "flesh" of swine passages a different way, it doesn't make them liars, fakers and definitely not fuckers! Don't forget, a lot of Iranian women after having lived in the IR are used to wearing roosari - many don't do it out of belief when they come here, but out of habit - they'd feel exposed otherwise, much like someone who's used to dressing conservatively would feel exposed wearing a mini-skirt all of a sudden.

I've known girls who came here wearing roosari for the first few weeks and were right into mini-skirts after a few months! Many Iranians don't know ribs are pork (not to mention these could have actually been beef ribs). All in all, I think we should embrace Muslims that live a closer lifestyle to us, rather than ridiculing them or calling them names and pushing them to the open arms of fanatics.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

یک سیرابی - شیردون فروشی در مشهد هست که چیزی حدود ِ ۷۰ سال قدمت داره
بهترین سیرابی - شیردون را میده و در محلّه ی ِ قدیم ِ مشهد در ایستگاه ِ سَراب واقع شده
اونجا پاتُوق ِ همه جور آدمه ، از " معمولی " بگیر تا عرق خور و تریاکی که میان اونجا تا سیرابی بخورند که گویا سینه را جَلا میده
این مغازه سَر ِ کوچه ای است که توی ِ همون کوچه یک مسجد و حسینیه ی ِ قدیمی واقع شده
شب های ِ تابستون که اذان ِ مغرب ساعت های ِ هشت و اندی میشه عرق خورهای ِ مَست اوّل میرن به مسجد که نماز ِ عشا را بخونند ، بعد میرن به سیرابی - شیردون فروشی که سینه را جلا بدهند

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Mashdi jaan went to the pub last night after having a couple of shots of Whiskey. Ordered 4 beers and they were so busy I got charged only for 1. Gave a good tip to the guy as I am a usual there and was having a good time with some older woman that was hitting on me in the patio.. She looked light black but ended up being half Indian and half something else (Don’t remember). Had some buffalo wings, and fries which hit the spot. Of course it is not in the level of your “Donbalan” kabob but I have to say it was a pretty good day!
OP jan where did you go? The reason I am asking is my other half & kids are going to Iran & wanted to entertain myself:party-smi

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Well , you obviously enjoyed the beer and the buffalo wings.good for you. but what happened to the half Indian woman ? they used to hunt them those buffalos before the white man arrived and pissed on their party.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Pooya jaan, you're being a little harsh bro. If someone wants to interpret the intoxication passage in the Quran a certain way or interpret the hejab or "flesh" of swine passages a different way, it doesn't make them liars, fakers and definitely not fuckers! Don't forget, a lot of Iranian women after having lived in the IR are used to wearing roosari - many don't do it out of belief when they come here, but out of habit - they'd feel exposed otherwise, much like someone who's used to dressing conservatively would feel exposed wearing a mini-skirt all of a sudden.

I've known girls who came here wearing roosari for the first few weeks and were right into mini-skirts after a few months! Many Iranians don't know ribs are pork (not to mention these could have actually been beef ribs). All in all, I think we should embrace Muslims that live a closer lifestyle to us, rather than ridiculing them or calling them names and pushing them to the open arms of fanatics.

Bi-Honar jaan I believe those that are moderate and more logical should draw a red line against barbaric actions such as the camel being poked in the neck in the middle of a public location. I do give the benefit of doubt but come on man. Someone wearing hijab and having beer is certainly living under a man who is not allowing her to be liberated. Yet he is drinking beer and having ribs and wants to be an Islamist too when it benefits him well. It is this type of hypocrisy that I will not support and will always fight against. Similar to the ones Mashdi indicated.. Drinking Aragh and going to Masjid and then Shirdoon mikhorand. We have to stop this culture of double standards and hypocrisy and be more transparent and honest. Be who you are and what you want to be. But be honest about it. Its time to cut those ties.

Thats my two cents.

Oct 18, 2010
you need to watch some bullfighting to understand the slow torture of an animal and the inevitable finale for the pure entertainment of the 'public'.

[video=youtube_share;533kuBvh-0A]http://youtu.be/533kuBvh-0A[/video]

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Bi-Honar jaan I believe those that are moderate and more logical should draw a red line against barbaric actions such as the camel being poked in the neck in the middle of a public location. I do give the benefit of doubt but come on man. Someone wearing hijab and having beer is certainly living under a man who is not allowing her to be liberated. Yet he is drinking beer and having ribs and wants to be an Islamist too when it benefits him well. It is this type of hypocrisy that I will not support and will always fight against. Similar to the ones Mashdi indicated.. Drinking Aragh and going to Masjid and then Shirdoon mikhorand. We have to stop this culture of double standards and hypocrisy and be more transparent and honest. Be who you are and what you want to be. But be honest about it. Its time to cut those ties.

Thats my two cents.
Drinking aragh with hejab? LOL. I haven't seen that but I have seen women with hejab in Vegas on the slot machines. You are right about men who force their wives to wear hejab & drink is hypocrisy but people who drink and pray is not funny and I have seen it many times back in the good ol days & after rev. I am sure all of us have uncles and aunts and family members that do that kind of stuff. But going agains those moderate moslems is exactly what IR likes and they call it Islame Amrikaaie. We have to understand Islam is here to stay in Iran but we need to keep it out governing and out of schools and anything that is paid with beytolmal.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
ZA jaan not related but when it comes to multiple units (under 4) properties what does ATE stand for?

Example:

GI (70000)
ATE (40000)
NOI (30000)

now I know that its some kind of cost that determines the net operating income but cannot figure out what this ATE is. And also if this includes all costs such as (Taxes, Insurance, Water, Gas, Trash) and you are left to make payments on the mortgage alone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Thats my two cents.
It's not hypocrisy though bro. You're allowed to interpret the book any which way that your little heart desires - as long as the passage is open to interpretation of course - that's according to the book itself. There is nothing in the Quran that says you can't drink - only that you can't be intoxicated. There's nothing that says you have to cover your hair - only that you have to dress modestly. At least that's the way I'd do a "literal" and liberal translation of those passages into English. So, what's the problem with someone calling herself a Muslim, drinking and wearing a roosari? You'd rather they wear a Niqab and chase infidels?! ;)

I do agree with you that liberal and moderate Muslims should come out and clearly condemn these types of acts (public sacrifice), rather than sitting on the fence, justifying them or having an adverse reaction to other people condemning them - I think I already made that point. As far as the other issue, you're calling people fakes, liars and fuckers for sharing beers with their girl friends/wives/whatever who were wearing roosari. You don't know if the guys were forcing them to wear roosari or told them they can't have beer - that's just an assumption. And I already explained to you one possibility when it comes to roosari that you completely ignored and went into chauvinism for some reason!

All I'm saying is that I'd take a beer drinking, rib eating fun Muslim over a boring square atheist or a Buddhist monk any day - different strokes for different folks my friend. It's not good to be so judgemental.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
this whole thread brings some of the hidden elitist views among the members here.
I think it is because most members here have a background that takes them north of Enghlalb Street in Tehran.

the ghorbani culture is not exactly something that looks great. but honestly all the talk about the torture of the animal is over rated.
in most of Iran, people invite the butcher of neighborhood over for the ghorbooni thing.

The guy carefully ties the feet of the animal so he can't move.

There is whole ritual that he sharpens his knife with Nalbaki (saucer) before starting the slaughtering.

Then he gets the whole head cutting done with in 10-20 seconds. not out of concern for the animal.
because the animal would do real damage with hard kicks. so he has to get it done.

but obviously this is not perfect by any standard for the modern day.

It is mostly done dropping of the blood in front of door or something like that so.

an important guest could jump over it. It is as much of part of Iranian culture as Esfand is.

but I don't assume most of us actually give a $hit the animal. we just like the feel good factor by looking down on rest of people in Iran.

if gave $hit animals, we would not buy meat from smith field where hundreds of documented cattle abuse has taken place.

cows are forced to walk in pens with manure up to their knees.

if we cared about animals
we would not buy milk from dairy milk farms that impregnate a cow 9 month after 9 month for a period of 5 years.
They extract 70-90 of milk from that cow every day for a period of 5 years.
the cow is not allowed any movement because if he does he burn calories. and that's not what's desired.

the cow roams on concrete floors where pressure washer flushes their poop away. but cows like to sit down and redigest their stomach content.
the concrete floor is not exactly friendly for sitting down.

then we get to fiasco in chicken houses. many of us love to go KFC or McDonald and get those chicken strips.
do we give a $hit about the fact that chicken is forced to grow in 30-45 days to full size, something that normally takes over a year.

only animals that Iranians give a $hit about is
little tiny dogs and that is if they are cute.

I will listen to animal rights discussion if brought by a true animal right activist.

most people here though just like to feel superior by pointing to that stupid thing people in Iran do.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
You honestly don't see the difference between killing an animal for food with a bullet to the head and torturing it to death for fun by slashing its legs while she's standing and slashing it multiple times again until it dies a terrible painful slow death after 10 minutes?! Honestly?!
It's interesting you say that cause Islam talks explicity about this ignorant practice and condemned it by name! (yet of course, acts of any Muslims = Islam - I get it)

During the times of ignorance (pre-Islamic Arab societies/ Ja’hillah) people would cut the limbs of animals while they were alive. This was a disgusting act and Islam was the religion that brought an end to this practice. Not only this but shooting at an animal who is tied was also forbidden by Prophet Muhammad(saw).

Narated By Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet cursed the one who did Muthla to an animal (i e., cut its limbs or some other part of its body while it is still alive). – [Bukhari Vol. 7, Book 67, #424]
Bullet to the head? Again, you seem very ignorant of the common and widespread animal slaughtering practices - but of course, Western > Eastern in all things.

[video=youtube;GzS8p727gvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzS8p727gvM[/video]

Last edited:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004

How about we respect everyone's beliefs and let them practice as they like - whether they are close to you or not. I don't believe in much of what you believe, but you have the right to believe in it and practice whatever you want freely as am I, as long as we do not break the law. That is democratic or no?