Eid mobarak

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
What is a sour puss apologist? Please deconstruct this as it's very ambiguous and is clearly not situated within any socio-political paradigm or have any linguistic tradition. Again, how do "they" represent Islam? Just because they are "Muslim?" You can look into any ideology and draw from it anything you'd like and use that to justify your own personality, behaviourism etc. i.e. if you're an extremist and have a violent personality, you don't need any religious/ secular tradition to justify it, you've already justified it to yourself and are looking at texts or specific traditions to rationalize your violent disposition. Just like if you are a peaceful person, you will look to rationalize that kind of behaviour.

Even trees have rights in Islam, much less animals. Islam is texts and primary sources not the actions of it's followers. Invoking bandwagon fallacy and hasty generalizations do not constitute a sound argument.

How do these things even correlate? Or is that like a strategic thing you do when you throw out two unrelated things and try to confuse people and act like you have a point?

More and more fanatic in the last months? LOL How many posts do I have on the General Board within the last months for you to come up with this conclusion? Wasn't it like last week you asked where have I been all this time? Serious delusion. Any other "isms" you wish to throw out there and stigmatize me with?
No, not because they're Muslim, but because they're doing it in the name of Islam - it's really not that complicated bro. You're letting your sensitivities get in the way of your logic. If you have a problem with what these people are doing and it doesn't jive with your ideals of Islam, then show a reaction to the act or the people who are committing it, not to the people who are reacting to it! You did the exact same thing in the case of the Boston bomber, grasping at anything that would take the focus away from the bomber and instead reacting to people who had an issue with the whole thing... just something to think about and all the more reasons for me to be concerned and happy to see you back on ISP.

And I'll be one of the last people to insult Islam or Muslims, particularly during Ramadan, what is considered a holy month and in fact, I found the thread insensitive and inappropriate on this particular day, nor did I make a comment relating this to Islam in any way, but I only got involved because you threw democracy and secularism under the bus in your reaction to what someone said.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Some very interesting stats on Muslim world.

Here are some samples:

1- The whole Arab world translates about three hundred books annually–one fifth the number that Greece alone translates; investment in research and development is less than one seventh the world average

2- Fifty-seven Muslim majority countries have an average of ten universities each for a total of less than 600 universities for 1.4 billion people; India has 8,407 universities, the U.S. has 5,758.

. . .

Of the 1.4 billion Muslims 800 million are illiterate (6 out of 10 Muslims cannot read)

3- The 57-member countries of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) have around 500 universities compared with more than 5,000 universities in the US and more than 8,000 in India. In 2004, Shanghai Jiao Tong University compiled an "Academic Ranking of World Universities", and none of the universities from Muslim-majority states was included in the top 500

4- The 2002 United Nations Arab Development Report, compiled by leading Arab scholars and intellectuals, reported that fewer than 350 books were translated into Arabic every year, less than one-fifth the number translated into Greek. The 2003 report added that the 10,000 books translated into Spanish every year exceeded those translated into Arabic— over the entire millennium

5- In Saudi Arabia, the lack of books is accompanied by the struggle to modernize basic educational institutions. In his new book, Prophets and Princes, Mark Weston points out that Saudi Arabia did not have a high school until after 1930, and its first girls’ school was established after 1950. The Saudis have only 250 public libraries to serve a population of 26 million people, and there were no hours for female readers until 2006. The Saudis spend many millions of dollars translating and publishing the Quran into other languages, without devoting similar efforts to making foreign books available in Arabic.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I assume most of are not vegetarians.
if so. what difference really does it make where this cow,camel,sheep,goat or boar gets executed?

I have seen some studies that it is not exactly a positive influence on kids.

but is it a positive influence on kids that go hunting with their parents who shoot the hell out of a bird or deer?

overall public Ghorbani culture is gone be around for a quite a while.

and it is not as if the meat is wasted. I think our time is better focused around complaining on beating stray dogs and cats rather than
complaining on whether people slaughter the meat source indoors or outdoors.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Wait a minute, so because you don't see it, the slaughter of animals in slaughterhouses is ok and civilized, where as if its it in the streets, and features an animal that probably hasn't been tortured for its entire life or deprived of iron to keep its meat bright pink, then that's barbaric.

Basically, you're ok with being a hypocrite, you just don't want to see it.
Iranians - we're a funny people. All of a sudden we love animals cause we have a pet dog and think halal meat is actually the bad stuff. hahahaahahahahah.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
You should go see Western slaughterhouse and let me know if that represents Western civilization and culture. Just go look at what these corporations do to animals -
What do you eat? Do you have your own slaughterhouse in your basement? I doubt if you can sugar coat slaughtering animals. They are getting killed after all. Your dig in "corporations" just shows what your agenda is. Never let a dying camel go to waste.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
I once made the mistake of taking my dog for a walk in Iran, and I had everything from good Iranian muslims cursing at me, spitting in our direction, to even trying to kick my dog. Mind you this was in shomal where people aren't even that religious. Spare me this nonsense about animal rights in Islam. Also muslims not torturing animals before killing them for their meat? Pure fantasy. They aren't getting full body massages dude.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
Wait a minute, so because you don't see it, the slaughter of animals in slaughterhouses is ok and civilized, where as if its it in the streets, and features an animal that probably hasn't been tortured for its entire life or deprived of iron to keep its meat bright pink, then that's barbaric.

Iranians - we're a funny people. All of a sudden we love animals cause we have a pet dog and think halal meat is actually the bad stuff. hahahaahahahahah.
No you dont get the point. Its not a matter of killing something and eating it which both are doing (one is just way more insanitary), but its a matter of tradition of ordinary citizens killing so casually in front of their communities and families and passing on this tradition. That in itself is the beginning and essence of one losing respect for life. sorta like how serial killers and rapists often started by killing cats, dogs and birds as is known! get it?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
No you dont get the point. Its not a matter of killing something and eating it which both are doing (one is just way more insanitary), but its a matter of tradition of ordinary citizens killing so casually in front of their communities and families and passing on this tradition. That in itself is the beginning and essence of one losing respect for life. sorta like how serial killers and rapists often started by killing cats, dogs and birds as is known! get it?
Nicely Said.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
I once made the mistake of taking my dog for a walk in Iran, and I had everything from good Iranian muslims cursing at me, spitting in our direction, to even trying to kick my dog. Mind you this was in shomal where people aren't even that religious. Spare me this nonsense about animal rights in Islam. Also muslims not torturing animals before killing them for their meat? Pure fantasy. They aren't getting full body massages dude.
never forget when i was just 6 visiting tehran in winter and followed a group of 10-15 kids on streets, they cornered 2 dogs right on street and these kids were grabbing the biggest pieces of ice and ice/snow balls they could find and they bombarded these two dogs aiming for their heads until they were completely bloodied! they got one of the dogs eye with blood gushing out. Dogs ran and these kids were proud and having the time of their life. Saw the same dog few days later on street blind in one eye and limping. so years later secretly i was happy they were getting fuked by IRI. I know hey do the exact same with people of different religions, ethnicities, sexual orientation,... For most part most iranians deserve what they get.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Yap. Signs of a psychopath. Feigning sympathy for small Animals when they don't have it for their fellow man and woman. No joke.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yap. Signs of a psychopath. Feigning sympathy for small Animals when they don't have it for their fellow man and woman. No joke.
How wrong. Almost any honest and loving human has more sympathy towards defenseless animals than they do towards fellow man and woman. It's an honest human's nature to want to defend the helpless. A psychopath is the exact opposite.

Stop being dishonest. Your blind belief in a not so holy bunch of nonsense has got you jailed. Liberate yourself.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
If Islam finds this unacceptable and savage and vile, and if you can not paint all moslems with the same brush etc etc. as some would want us to believe, then why don't moslem Imams and scholars come out and preach against it. Why doesn't some Ayatollah issue a fatwa? I mean they issue fatwahs on people's necks willy nilly, so why not one on this to regain the integrity of the great religion?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

You honestly don't see the difference between killing an animal for food with a bullet to the head and torturing it to death for fun by slashing its legs while she's standing and slashing it multiple times again until it dies a terrible painful slow death after 10 minutes?! Honestly?!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I have a problem with eating meat - I do eat meat but understand the crticism.....
However, do you guys understand the whole concept of taking lives (animal or human) in public? It kills the soul - don't you get it?

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
You honestly don't see the difference between killing an animal for food with a bullet to the head and torturing it to death for fun by slashing its legs while she's standing and slashing it multiple times again until it dies a terrible painful slow death after 10 minutes?! Honestly?!
Add to that the place that both acts are appearing. One if done in a controlled fashion in a facility that is designed for that purpose and the other one is done in the middle of the street in front of the people like it is entertainment ...

Taking SHIT is disgusting act but doing it in a bathroom is very different than doing it in the middle of the living room, don't you think ;)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Taking SHIT is disgusting act but doing it in a bathroom is very different than doing it in the middle of the living room, don't you think ;)

And that's the problem. Certain people have it in their DNA that regardless of the actions committed by Islamist and their followers they will yet come out and defend those actions because they think they have to. And its true those prone to torturing animals and being OK with them being killed by them and those who take their lives even in hunting but not to the degree of those doing it undercover can resemble signs of being a psycho path and one trait some of them have.

Not fully related but Saddam was one who would torture sheep for hours as a young boy and see how long it can have it alive while doing all kinds of torture to it. Any logical Muslim with some humanity would be against these street killing actions. So because it was done a thousand years ago it has to be done now???

The culture of Arabs and specially those in Saudi is camel based. Their economy for thousands of years was camel based. and to today we see their barbarism against the poor animal which should be a national symbol and not a sacrifice in the middle of the street.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Well , if you have to go then you have to go no matter where you are. shitting in one's pants is the ultimate embarrassment. :)

This thread is making me hungry. i think i have a pair of Donbalan in my freezer ready for BBQ action. together with a pint of beer should be a tasty way to celebrate Eid Fetr.