Will Egyptians become the 1st country to successfully reject Islamism?!

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Gallup poll conducted just before Morsi's ouster... Interestingly enough, Khodam keeps mentioning "democracy" as if everyone in the world wants that system of governance just so that they can drop a ballot in a box every four years and feel good about themselves having participated in "a" political process. Well, the newsflash is that they don't! People want democracy because their perception is that it will improve their way of life.

[/URL][/SIZE][/B]
I thought you said that Egypt is today (or a month ago :) ) was at the forefront of democracy in the world, and that the rest of the world needed to learn from them, or was it someone else? Have you given up on the prospect of democracy so soon?

People in Iran voted for Rohani out of the same day-to-day concerns: to get rid of sanctions, to improve international relations, to make up for AN's mismanagement. Yet their decision to think about their livelihood first was met with a different kind of reaction!!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
اين قانونمند بودن كودتاچيان مصره كه منو كشته

این عشق کورکورانه شماها به اسلام گرایان دموکرات نما من یکی رو خیلی گیج کرده........تا کی*** میخواهید شماها گول اینارو بخورین!! جالب تر از همه اینه که اینها نه دنبال اسلام هستن نه دنبال مصر......یک مشت مزدور جیره خورند...

Oct 20, 2003
این عشق کورکورانه شماها به اسلام گرایان دموکرات نما من یکی رو خیلی گیج کرده........تا کی*** میخواهید شماها گول اینارو بخورین!! جالب تر از همه اینه که اینها نه دنبال اسلام هستن نه دنبال مصر......یک مشت مزدور جیره خورند...
Whatever you say man. Obama is an implant by Euro Monarchs and now Elbaradie is the biggest SOB an implant by Saudis. I guess Elbaradie became an SOB overnight when he resigned from his government post in protest to the army killings of the protesters.
Love what the Egyptian Army is doing. Baradei is one of the biggest SOB's ever - bet he was pushed onto Egyptians by foreigners......(read Saudis).
I thought the Saudis have declared their full support for the Egyptian army, then how come Elbaradie (who was "pushed onto Egyptians") resigned and now is called to appear in court?

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
IP jaan
Don't you remeber Albradei from the days he supposedly negotiated the nuclear issues with IR? He was a two timing SOB then, and remians one now. do I need say more?

Oct 20, 2003
IP jaan
Don't you remeber Albradei from the days he supposedly negotiated the nuclear issues with IR? He was a two timing SOB then, and remians one now. do I need say more?
Agha, I have to disagree with you on that. He was spot on on Iraq weapon of mass destruction issue, I do not know what you mean when you are referring to his nuclear negotiations with IRI when he was the head of IAEA. What did he do wrong as the head of IAEA when dealing with IRI?
I personally think he is a decent man.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I thought you said that Egypt is today (or a month ago :) ) was at the forefront of democracy in the world, and that the rest of the world needed to learn from them, or was it someone else? Have you given up on the prospect of democracy so soon?
As usual, you misunderstood the post and jumped the gun. Unlike you, I laid no claim to Egypt having been a democracy in the first place, nor did I expect them to be a democracy within weeks of a military take-over. What I said is that people power, or more specifically youth power, is the future of all democracies and the Egyptian youth and generation X have already proven to be at the forefront of this transition, removing two autocratic governments within the span of two years. If the military today or someone else tomorrow does not satisfy their demands, the most important one of which is being represented not led, you can rest assured they'll be goners too.

People in Iran voted for Rohani out of the same day-to-day concerns: to get rid of sanctions, to improve international relations, to make up for AN's mismanagement. Yet their decision to think about their livelihood first was met with a different kind of reaction!!
Yeah, the only difference is that people in Iran changed the color of the paint on the wall when the house is getting sucked into a sink hole! Drastic problems require drastic measures, not cosmetic ones. It's really not that complicated.

The two greatest forces of democracy in the Middle East, the Zionists and Wahhabis are backing the military coup. We should cheerlead them too. The United States and the EU have backed away from this coup and trying to distance themselves. But have no fear, the Zionists are here to talk about a peace while the Egyptian military slaughters innocent men in the droves. Very unfortunate that people here are defending this army. I wish they take off their ideology lenses and admit they were wrong
LOL. You're using terms like Zionists and Wahabbis and calling terrorists who have killed 100 cops and torched and destroyed as many buildings "innocent men" and think that we should take-off our "ideology lenses"?!!! :khodai:

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Agha, I have to disagree with you on that. He was spot on on Iraq weapon of mass destruction issue, I do not know what you mean when you are referring to his nuclear negotiations with IRI when he was the head of IAEA. What did he do wrong as the head of IAEA when dealing with IRI?
You are giving me the western media talking points? You are not aware Sadam had WMD's? He used it against us in the war!!!!! ever heard of chemical weapons?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Safar jaan, El Baradaei had been under intense criticism from Egyptian media, intellectuals and the Tamarod movement for weeks before he resigned. Yes, he's a decent man (albeit completely misinformed about the dynamics of Egypt's political landscape) and he was the proponent of a soft stance against Islamists and Islamism (much like he had been in nuclear negotiations with Iran) and they allowed him to negotiate with them. He failed, but instead of acknowledging that and the inevitability of the next step or resigning at that point, he threw everyone else in the interim government under the bus. Although I would do not agree with him being detained or charged, that was a weasel move.

Oct 20, 2003
You are giving me the western media talking points? You are not aware Sadam had WMD's? He used it against us in the war!!!!! ever heard of chemical weapons?
Aziz, we are talking about post desert storm and days prior to the invasion of Iraq, not Iran Iraq war that ended in 1988. Two totally different time frames. Iran and Iraq. Elbaradei was not in charge of IAEA in 1980s.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
As usual, you misunderstood the post and jumped the gun. Unlike you, I laid no claim to Egypt having been a democracy in the first place, nor did I expect them to be a democracy within weeks of a military take-over. What I said is that people power, or more specifically youth power, is the future of all democracies and the Egyptian youth and generation X have already proven to be at the forefront of this transition, removing two autocratic governments within the span of two years. If the military today or someone else tomorrow does not satisfy their demands, the most important one of which is being represented not led, you can rest assured they'll be goners too.

Yeah, the only difference is that people in Iran changed the color of the paint on the wall when the house is getting sucked into a sink hole! Drastic problems require drastic measures, not cosmetic ones. It's really not that complicated.

LOL. You're using terms like Zionists and Wahabbis and calling terrorists who have killed 100 cops and torched and destroyed as many buildings "innocent men" and think that we should take-off our "ideology lenses"?!!! :khodai:
Israel is a Zionist state. They proudly label themselves as such! Why are you hesitating to do the same? Saudis are bankrolling hard-line Wahhabis who cannot tolerate the colour of anyone else's ideology/ religion. These labels are fine. But that's alright, you'll blame Saudis in another post but be totally OK with them supporting and propping up this military coup/ takeover (even going as far as saying they will fund and make up the difference if America stops aid to Egypt). Both Israel, Wahhabis and IR (three headed snake in the region) will bend and accommodate any other ideology as long as it gets them further along in the geopolitical game.

I've said this in the past but really feel for anyone who actually think any of these modern-day politicians give a damn about religion or ideology is fooling themselves. They will make alliances with their mother's murderer if they feel that it will keep them in or expand their power. But yes, let's use terms like "Islamists" because it makes them look evil before they even have a chance to defend themselves.

Tons of innocent people have been killed that are not associated with any "terrorists" as you say. People on the streets have been killed. How do you not get this? Anyway, as I said I am against all killings of innocent, protesters, even non-violent police/ military personnel. You're much more politicized in your analysis of things. You see things from a political perspective, to see if they fight your political mode/ ideology, then you judge based on that instead of just sticking to generalized principles and using that as a litmus test to evaluate. I mean picking people that have beards off the street and harassing them of being "terrorists" (again, this is terror from extremists secular folks, just like extremists religious folk terrorize nonreligious people if they diverge)

There has been no revolution in Egypt. The military has been in rule, and continues to be in rule. There is only a revolution when there is a power shift. That has not happened. The Egyptians are worst off now then they were under Mubarak.

Oct 20, 2003
Safar jaan, El Baradaei had been under intense criticism from Egyptian media, intellectuals and the Tamarod movement for weeks before he resigned. Yes, he's a decent man (albeit completely misinformed about the dynamics of Egypt's political landscape) and he was the proponent of a soft stance against Islamists and Islamism (much like he had been in nuclear negotiations with Iran) and they allowed him to negotiate with them. He failed, but instead of acknowledging that and the inevitability of the next step or resigning at that point, he threw everyone else in the interim government under the bus. Although I would do not agree with him being detained or charged, that was a weasel move.
Behru JAn, you and I have different take on Egyptian crisis. I am following the events as they unfold. If you think that the Egyptian army is able to do away with MB by declaring them illegal, I have news for you Gamal Aboldnassar who was the Al Sisi of 1954, (head of the Armed forces) banned MB. Not only MB did not go away but came back an won the election. There is absolutely no political organization in Egypt that can come close to MB organization. Egyptian army is making the same mistake that Algerian army make some 12 years ago. Thousands of people have been killed following the Algerian army coup. There is no way there can be a democratic system in Egypt without the participation of the MB.
What is happening in Egypt is going to radicalize members of MB and that will not bode well for the democratic movement in the ME.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Behru JAn, you and I have different take on Egyptian crisis. I am following the events as they unfold. If you think that the Egyptian army is able to do away with MB by declaring them illegal, I have news for you Gamal Aboldnassar who was the Al Sisi of 1954, (head of the Armed forces) banned MB. Not only MB did not go away but came back an won the election. There is absolutely no political organization in Egypt that can come close to MB organization. Egyptian army is making the same mistake that Algerian army make some 12 years ago. Thousands of people have been killed following the Algerian army coup. There is no way there can be a democratic system in Egypt without the participation of the MB.
What is happening in Egypt is going to radicalize members of MB and that will not bode well for the democratic movement in the ME.
Too logical of a post.

Please stop. *sarcasm*

The fact is, secular extremists, like some of our fine members on this board :), are incredibly undemocratic and cannot tolerate anyone else besides themselves. They brand groups as "Islamists" and "terrorists" because they want to vilify them to deny them of political participation.