Will Egyptians become the 1st country to successfully reject Islamism?!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I said "so called coup"..... What happened in 28 Mordad was the unsuccessful version of what succeeded in 1978.......the co-op of leftists and akhoonds handing back Iran to the Anglo-Russian treaty of 1907.
Don't forget Khordad 42. If that wasn't put down we'd be all raised by akhoonds. They went for it three times; 1953, 1964 and 1978.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
i am sorry china but you are too naive to follow politics.....at least on this subject.
Taraf nemiad khodesh begeh inkaro kardeh - khanom albright keh maal englis hast miad migeh.....khanom clinton englisi ham tekraresh mikoneh.
Ketab o maghaleh ro ham bezaar kenaar - at least on events like 28 mordad, or the 1978 revolution or the syrian situation......as you know one of the first things colonialists do is to flood the media with bs articles. Do you believe the iranian revolutions was a grass root uprising of people for liberty and democracy? If not then there are thousands of books and articles suggesting it was!!!
lol ;)

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
This is exactly what I mean by saying you're very uninformed about the situation...

Egyptians' problems with Mursi and protests against his policies started in July 2012 and gradually increased until the situation became really serious and a stand-off ensued in November 2012. The army take-over did not happen until July 2013, exactly 51 weeks after the 1st protests against him. In other words, in one year (less a week) Mursi did not make any serious attempts to reach out to the opposition to see what their grievances were, let alone heed to their calls!

In contrast, Tunisia's Enhada party reached back to the opposition on the very 1st day of protests against it (in February 2013) by announcing that the government would be dissolved and a new all encompassing national government would be formed. Although the Egyptians would have been happy with a similar announcement from Mursi even months after the protests started, the Tunisians actually rejected the idea and a stand-off ensued in July 2013 when protesters called for the government's resignation. It took just two months less a day for the Enhada party to heed the calls of the protesters and agree to resign pending mediation by Tunisia's main and powerful labour union (who was on the side of the opposition).

Now, I can explain this to you another 10 times, but when you don't understand that simple and basic difference and keep repeating the same comment that Mursi "could have gone towards similar path", what do you expect to hear? Yes, he could have and should have, but he didn't - not on the same day, not two months later and not even a year later. And it would be absolutely ridiculous to extrapolate that and conclude that he would have done 3 days, weeks, months, years or decades later!

Yes, please do drag the argument "into many areas and different episodes in history". In fact, I have already asked you a dozen times to do so - to show me a single episode where an uprising was brought upon (caused) by autocratic tendencies of a leader and he/she suddenly became a proponent of democracy! 30 Pages and multiple requests later, I'm still waiting

Tunisians had also a lot of "problems" with the government. and there were also protests from way before than the timeline you are giving. I can give you a few links if you ask me! Your argument and comparison seems to be confusing. Is "reaching back to opposition" the basis for your argument? Here in NZ and Australia the government also ignores opposition in many instances. I remember in Holland the same was the case. Or, "problems" of Tunisians with the government? or is it the "protests" that you are basing your arguments on it?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Tunisians had also a lot of "problems" with the government. and there were also protests from way before than the timeline you are giving. I can give you a few links if you ask me! Your argument and comparison seems to be confusing. Is "reaching back to opposition" the basis for your argument? Here in NZ and Australia the government also ignores opposition in many instances. I remember in Holland the same was the case. Or, "problems" of Tunisians with the government? or is it the "protests" that you are basing your arguments on it?
I'm basing my argument on mass dissent and the response of the person/group in power. In these cases, reaching out to the opposition means listening to the grievances of the dissenters and trying to deescalate the situation. I'm not talking about listening to the opposition in parliament in a country with an established democracy where there is no mass dissent.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Charlie Rose interview with Dave KirkPatick (NyTimes Reporter) on Egypt

NyTimes Cairo Chief

also if you got some extra time listen to KirkPatrick's expose on the Benghazi Attack.
HE did lengthy interview with Fresh AIR about his NYTimes article.

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2014/02/26/283034914/fresh-air-for-february-26-2014?showDate=2014-02-26
Lol - esamani jaan you are looking for the truth from NY Times?!! We used to have a media here in USA - but that is all but dead.... These days we have a president who gets up in the morning thinking about what to say and not what to do.......he can afford that because the media is controlled to his benefits as long as his benefits benefit those who are in control of the media - most of the media I should say.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Lol - esamani jaan you are looking for the truth from NY Times?!! We used to have a media here in USA - but that is all but dead.... These days we have a president who gets up in the morning thinking about what to say and not what to do.......he can afford that because the media is controlled to his benefits as long as his benefits benefit those who are in control of the media - most of the media I should say.
Agha Masoud,
You go ahead and introduce us to media organizations that we should be tuning into.

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
This is the same NY Times that said Shah had killed over a 130 thousand people and had over a 100,000 thousand political prisoners.lol. We foundout those lies were funded by ted kennedy who was yazdi and ghotbzadehs buddies to make shah khodabiamorz look bad with Carters blessing.NY Times is a liberal rag is best used for toilet paper.