World Cup 2018 Draw

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Na Iran is going to be due for ONE WIN, lock it here my guess is they beat Morocco. That will be the closest game, in terms of fifa rankings #38 v #40. I am not saying Morocco is a weak team BUT they can be beaten. As for Spain and Portugal, we need to get a little bit of luck and HOPEFULLY sneak in a draw vs one of them. If Iran manages to do that and get 4 points, that MIGHT be enough. I do not see Iran going 0-3 that is NOT going to happen. Well it could be worse, we could be team USA fans.
Morocco destroyed Ivory Coast away. . didn't concede a single goal in whole qualification... shans biarim mosavi konim.. vally I predict 3 loses...

Oct 18, 2010
I think we will lose all 3 games. as long as we play good football I am fine with it.
very little probabilty of that if not imposible.
iran has not lost all 3 matches in any of the last 4 wc appearances.
i don't expect them to do otherwise in this wc either.
also iran's best showing in a wc was in 1998 when iran was grouped
with 2 euro teams and no latin teams.
we got the same scenario this time no latin teams and 2 euro teams.
the kicker is that the 2 euro teams are open books to carlos since they
come from the same 'hood as he is and he knows them better than any
other team we might have grouped with.it's much easier for him to analyze
portugal and spain than say a poland,belgium,etc...

May 12, 2007
I think Japan and Korea are both NOT going to advance Poland and Columbia wil advance out of that group. In Korea's group Germany will be the #1 and either Mex or Swed will be the #2, Korea can't take those teams.

IT COULD BE WORSE what if your favorite team is USA?
I would rather see Iran instead of Japan in that group. It is easier to win Poland and Colombia than Spain and Europa champion.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It really didn't matter which group we'd end up in. As I said previously, anything other than 3 losses would be a surprise.

Iran's odds are terrible against all 3 other teams. On any given day Morocco is a much stronger team than Iran.

The only team we might cause trouble for is Portugal. They often choke against weak defensive teams.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
He should take Reza Parastesh and reveal him as a surprise in front of Ronaldo and Portugal. They will shit their shorts.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well, after seeing our group, I was yelling, cursing, complaining and feeling dejected!

Now I say, to h*ll with advancing to the second round. If TM plays well, imagine the exposure players like Azmoun will get against the giants of Spain and Portugal! We could end up having several la liga and Primeira based players after the WC.

Hope that's the case!

I also hope CQ and Taj made some real good friendly deals tonight! Now we need the players to get the physical strength of Arnold and the stamina of Kipchoge!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Morocco destroyed Ivory Coast away. . didn't concede a single goal in whole qualification... shans biarim mosavi konim.. vally I predict 3 loses...
Baleh Morocco did not give up a goal but let's take a closer look at their competition
Cotde I Vorte is the only half way decent one at 60.
Gabon-Garbage #93
Mali-which they tied 0-0 one game 72
I would still rather play Morocco than say Nigeria, which just beat Argentina in a friendly 4-2 after being down 2-0. Morocco has a good team but like I said before, I see that game as a 50/50 coin flip, we are #38, they are #40, they are a strong 4 but not the strongest. I would rather play them then say Serbia or Nigeria. Oh and how ironic we got in this group because first Denmark was picked but you can't have three Euro teams in one group. I knew Russia was going to screw one team and that team was anyone who got lumped in with Spain as the #2. Hence the Homer Simpson Doh clip from before. I see at least ONE W and the possible W, again can go either way is Morocco. They have players who play in England, Spain, Italy Germany. EpL
1.S Boufal Premier League Southampton
2A. Sabiri Premier League Huddersfield Town

La Liga-6
Y. En-Nesyri La Liga Málaga
Z. Feddal La Liga Real Betis
F. Fajr La Liga Getafe
N. El Zhar La Liga Leganés
N. Amrabat La Liga Leganés
O. Tannane La Liga Las Palmas
A. Hakimi La Liga Real Madrid
Y. Bounou La Liga Girona

Sirea A 4
M. Benatia Serie A Juventus
A. Taarabt Serie A Genoa
A. Lazaar Serie A Benevento
S. Kiyine Serie B Salernitana

Bundesliga-

A. Harit Bundesliga Schalke 04

French League 1-
K. Achahbar Ligue 1 Guingamp
F. Chafik Ligue 1 Dijon
Y. Bammou Ligue 1 Nantes
H. Mendyl Ligue 1 Lille
Y. Aït Bennasser Ligue 1 Caen

They also have players who play in Liga B, Bundesliga 2, Sirea B so they have talent but we can take them.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Were some of you guys saying Korea had the chance to advance in a group with Germany, Sweden and Nigeria?!!! Even we couldn't advance from this group! :eek:

May 12, 2007
What the hell. Last world cup we played well against Argentina this time we will play well against Spain and Portogal. CQ can use one of his 4-3-2-2 combination to a defensive strategy to gain a win against Spain. I don't think we are weak. It is not easy to win Iran for Spain and Portogal. I was watching the draw in Danmark TV and Denmark was luckier than Iran. I somehow felt cheated the way every thing went. Even KSA has an easier group than Iran. Nigeria has eliminated Spain in world cup. We can too.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
CQ is calling Kaabi to join TM camp.
Why? Is Figo making a comeback?

Never mind, our cow has given birth to twins! Portugal and Spain.
There's no reason why we should not beat morroco, getting a point off Portugal should be our aim and who knows on our good day and their bad day we may take all three points.