Some serious demonstration in Mashhahd and other cities

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
How did we get hands on weapon in 57? through padegaans. The plan should be to attack, get as much as you can and get out.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
what I see is more like a unit of kids doing military service in (I guess) sepah uniforms given the order to retreat without engagement, and people walking behind them trying to show muscle.

There is a lot of fake news and videos going on, one of the videos showing people beating the hell of basij bikers was from 2009.
A video was inviting people to go to air force garrison in piroozi street because they joined he uprising.
Another video showing the army guy at home with a "AK47" pledging to join the people!

They are probably the work of some overzealous people or VAVAK at full work.
How about this:

https://www.facebook.com/NotoIslamirepublic/videos/950300458456919

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
there is an innate problem with amount of testosterone in these protests.

the last place people should be protesting is front of Kalantari, Agahi, Basij HQ, Herasat Blah blah.

They have direct order to fire at will if the building they are based in is about to be taken over.

if they don't the commanders will receive lengthy sentences.

some older wiser people need to advise the youth to pick alternative sites to protest.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Again I have my doubts on this one too, looks a lot like 4-rah college where similar things happened 9 year ago. But the real answer is I don't know.

p.s.
all phones are old models
@3:30 someone yells "we want our vote"

so it is also 2009
Aziz,

Aside from phones and video quality there are multiple ways to differentiate between videos from 2009 and today:

The easiest way to tell the difference is by simply looking at the video colors. Both YouTube and Facebook encoded videos differently in 2009 than today and it's very apparent in videos.

The 2nd way to tell is by looking at people's cloths. Very noticeably different. People generally dress brighter and tighter today.

The 3rd way is by paying attention to the color of the asphalt and the color of the sidewalks. Different than today.

The 4th way is to look for people wearing green scarfs and wristbands. Very easy to spot.

The 5th way is to pay attention to hairstyles. Noticeably different.

And last, so far, almost none of 2009's intensity and violence has reoccurred. If you notice people moving fast, being scared or being beaten violently, it's most definitely from 2009.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
So far the regime hasn't used any of its goons. Almost none. They have 5-10 times the suppression capacities they had in 1388. They've been readying up for this ever since. The amount of money spent on equipping and training crowd suppression forces has been astronomical since 1389.

On other hand, there are far fewer people in protests than there were in 1388. Far far fewer.

Of course this is not the end of things. The level of anger is beyond repair now. We will have pocket protests like this every now and then for the foreseeable future.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well, I don't remember seeing that video in 2009. In fact I'm quite sure I saw it for the first time today or else I would have surely remembered it. I must have missed it then which is very weird since I followed almost everything back in 2009.

Anyways, different reports in international news agencies say 12 people have died, including some of the police forces who were killed by the protesters. 12 deaths after only 5 days is way more than 2009 if you ask me. If the reports are true, I wouldn't really call it a pocket protest.

Having said that, I do think this whole thing is very weird. If the regime really wanted to put the protests down, they could easily do it over night by taking all sepah forces out in the streets, not hesitating to shoot people down like they did back in 2009. It's not like these MFs feel sorry for the people or care about international human right laws. To me, it feels like the hardliners started the riot to make it look like people are displeased with Rouhani and the moderate government. Only they lost control over the demonstrations and the regular civilians took over.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
There are videos circulating showing 300,000 people demonstrating in Iran, only that the videos are from Bahrain.

https://twitter.com/BAHRAINDOCTOR/status/947779753234268160

I mean, I understand that it's easy to be gullible but there are levels to this.

The protests are mainly from lower income and working class people hence the reason they are spread through provinces. That also explains why they are more radical because most have nothing to lose. This is not about "where is my vote?" this is about "where is my job, bread, money etc."

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
There are videos circulating showing 300,000 people demonstrating in Iran, only that the videos are from Bahrain.

https://twitter.com/BAHRAINDOCTOR/status/947779753234268160

I mean, I understand that it's easy to be gullible but there are levels to this.

The protests are mainly from lower income and working class people hence the reason they are spread through provinces. That also explains why they are more radical because most have nothing to lose. This is not about "where is my vote?" this is about "where is my job, bread, money etc."
The riots started in Mashhad and within 24 hours mushroomed in 20 other cities except Tehran. When was the last time this happened? Did people get poor over night to react over night? IMO this is all planted by services, whether (more likely) by outsiders as IRI claims or by inside services. None of more sophisticated spectrum of the opposition inside (which at least has some organizing power, leadership, and communication tools) is with the movement thus far and poor starving angry people are getting killed for now.
You could imagine whoever planned this had 9 years on their hand to learn from 2009, at least to be able to bypass a social media or cellphone shut down. This is not planned to topple IRI, it is planned to get some points from it. After all, IRI, directly or indirectly, is the best for everyone's interest but the poor people of Iran and maybe weak seikhdooms in Persian Gulf including Saudis. Sadly I think IRI will brutally kill this, will give the points out of Iran's national interest, the West will catch IRI red handed on human rights and more sanctions will follow to weaken the country just in case they really have to go in the future.

.... But who knows, once the genie is out, things might get out of hand for everyone involved

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
The riots started in Mashhad and within 24 hours mushroomed in 20 other cities except Tehran. When was the last time this happened? Did people get poor over night to react over night? IMO this is all planted by services, whether (more likely) by outsiders as IRI claims or by inside services. None of more sophisticated spectrum of the opposition inside (which at least has some organizing power, leadership, and communication tools) is with the movement thus far and poor starving angry people are getting killed for now.
You could imagine whoever planned this had 9 years on their hand to learn from 2009, at least to be able to bypass a social media or cellphone shut down. This is not planned to topple IRI, it is planned to get some points from it. After all, IRI, directly or indirectly, is the best for everyone's interest but the poor people of Iran and maybe weak seikhdooms in Persian Gulf including Saudis. Sadly I think IRI will brutally kill this, will give the points out of Iran's national interest, the West will catch IRI red handed on human rights and more sanctions will follow to weaken the country just in case they really have to go in the future.

.... But who knows, once the genie is out, things might get out of hand for everyone involved
Well, IR knows that it cannot act stupid and that they won't survive another round of sanctions. Except if they believe that North Korea or Syria is the way to go forward.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
ببین وقتی*** داری غرق میشی*** به هر چیزی دست میندازی وقتی*** داری از گرسنگی میمیری دیگه نمی***گی من اینو دوست دارم اینو ندارم ، این یک انتخاب نیست دوست عزیز
Do you really think that orange baboon cares about the welfare of Iranian people and their human rights ?

How come he don't care about the welfare and human rights in Saudi barbaria (credit to Mahdi ) ...

This reminds me of the Qazvini guy taking a young boy to a remote location and trying to have sex with him and the young boy resisting and shouting out for help ,and the Qazvini guy telling him : Don't shout ! ,if anybody comes to help ,they will come and help me , not you !

sadly and bitterly this is true .... no other nation will come to help our people ...only to help themselves ...

kas nakhaarad poshteh man ...joz nakhoneh angoshteh man ...

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The riots started in Mashhad and within 24 hours mushroomed in 20 other cities except Tehran. When was the last time this happened? Did people get poor over night to react over night? IMO this is all planted by services, whether (more likely) by outsiders as IRI claims or by inside services.
That's how I've interpreted it so far too. Someone (a force, a faction) is trying to show its weight by using people. They're trying to gain leverage. Once that leverage is gained, all this will be heavily suppressed.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
It is called hunger and desperation. Something hard for us to understand because we never feel like that. Yes people didn't get poor over night but also they don't see any hope for future. We have a very poor nation with environmental disasters, including lack of water, in near future.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
well this one seems to be pretty much over. reportedly government has removed telegram from filtering.

90% of the arrested are ones who were born in 1370s and 1380s.
They never saw the massive blood letting of 1388 and thus they were courageous/foolish enough to flock to streets.

Outcome

• Many poor folks will get lengthy sentences.
  • a handful will get an execution sentence.
  • Government will walk back increase of fuel prices. probably not many other meaning reforms on budget.
  • Likely increase to Cyber-warfare budget .

Lessons Learned
It is beneficial for both the government and people for semi-independent unions to be activated. so demands can be communicated and articulated by
people have thought issues clearly.

small protests in many cities demanding direct over-throw of government, will not yield anything other than many dead and arrest of many hundreds.

Hoping for the best for the innocent youth who got caught in all of this.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
well this one seems to be pretty much over. reportedly government has removed telegram from filtering.

90% of the arrested are ones who were born in 1370s and 1380s.
They never saw the massive blood letting of 1388 and thus they were courageous/foolish enough to flock to streets.

Outcome

• Many poor folks will get lengthy sentences.
  • a handful will get an execution sentence.
  • Government will walk back increase of fuel prices. probably not many other meaning reforms on budget.
  • Likely increase to Cyber-warfare budget .

Lessons Learned
It is beneficial for both the government and people for semi-independent unions to be activated. so demands can be communicated and articulated by
people have thought issues clearly.

small protests in many cities demanding direct over-throw of government, will not yield anything other than many dead and arrest of many hundreds.

Hoping for the best for the innocent youth who got caught in all of this.
Na kheir.
Everything is gradual and never happens over night. People have passed some red lines that they haven't in 39 years. This is huge accomplishment and definitely not over.