Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
Please name one coach who would be able to do what CQ was promised to do without investing in infrastructure and other stuff you mentioned?
That’s exactly my point.
Like I said, the federation and the media sold the public a bunch BS.

They claimed that if we throw money at expensive managers (who btw had been ousted out of Europe cause they couldn’t hang) then our football will become like our Futsal.
Then later they just moved the goal post and said our only goal was to qualify to the World Cup. LOL

And it turns out we can do that with a $200k/year manager. In fact much better too.

Now these same media clowns are gonna come and claim that if we get an expensive manager (who just happens to be unemployed for some reason :unsure:) then we will advance from our group in the WC. Sorry but I’m not buying the BS again.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That’s exactly my point.
Like I said, the federation and the media sold the public a bunch BS.

They claimed that if we throw money at expensive managers (who btw had been ousted out of Europe cause they couldn’t hang) then our football will become like our Futsal.
Then later they just moved the goal post and said our only goal was to qualify to the World Cup. LOL

And it turns out we can do that with a $200k/year manager. In fact much better too.

Now these same media clowns are gonna come and claim that if we get an expensive manager (who just happens to be unemployed for some reason :unsure:) then we will advance from our group in the WC. Sorry but I’m not buying the BS again.
And people just accepted what the media and federation fed them? I don’t think anyone in their tight mind believe anything coming out of federation’s mouth.

In any case, remember that CQ was also tasked to build the team for future as well as present. And he did just that.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Really? Please name one coach who was able to get Iran the international respect we got during CQ's reign, at a WC tournament. Please name one coach who was able to stand against our authorities and force IFF to fix friendlies for all available Fifa days before our WC tournament. From Russia and Turkey to Venezuela and the high-schools of Sierra Leon, we had at least covered all our fifa days with international friendlies. Who else was able to do that? Name one single $1M/year coach, let alone $200k/year.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Its funny how some complain about CQ but have no idea how football building works and why Iran is where it is today which is only because of CQ. Progress in football takes time. It take investments and an open hand. CQ had none of these and still managed to built a formidable side which is now competing at the best level. His critics are just doing that out of spite or not understanding football. The guy had heart, passion, love, and was thought under some of the best ever. He was super accomplished and his record speaks for itself. Its very sad to see some hoping he would fail in other places just because of jealousy or other motives they have. Egypt is missing some key players, their top 2 goalies got injured and they still managed to make it to the semi finals of the African cup. I truly hope they go all the way and win it.
Understanding football lol
Love this phrase, every Iranian thinks he is the one that "understand Football" ...

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
And people just accepted what the media and federation fed them? I don’t think anyone in their tight mind believe anything coming out of federation’s mouth.

In any case, remember that CQ was also tasked to build the team for future as well as present. And he did just that.
Well unfortunately, they did. Maybe not the federation but people ate up what the media fed them.
And in regards to building a team for the future, the idea was that he was supposed to be directly involved in youth teams but then later he said it was not part of his contract so he wasn't gonna do it.

Also when you're the coach for 8 years its inevitable that there is going to be a change in generation at some point. Inviting the top players to the national team has nothing to do with discovery and development. We talked about this before in more detail.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well unfortunately, they did. Maybe not the federation but people ate up what the media fed them.
And in regards to building a team for the future, the idea was that he was supposed to be directly involved in youth teams but then later he said it was not part of his contract so he wasn't gonna do it.

Also when you're the coach for 8 years its inevitable that there is going to be a change in generation at some point. Inviting the top players to the national team has nothing to do with discovery and development. We talked about this before in more detail.
So, what you are saying is that we paid CQ too much money and instead we should have hired a coach for around $200k to do the same or even better?

I wonder why other countries with so much talent spend on their coach? Surely, they can just pay someone peanuts and they will perform the same more or less. Why bother hiring a top coach?

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
So, what you are saying is that we paid CQ too much money and instead we should have hired a coach for around $200k to do the same or even better?

I wonder why other countries with so much talent spend on their coach? Surely, they can just pay someone peanuts and they will perform the same more or less. Why bother hiring a top coach?
Honestly these CQ debates are pointless and a waste of time because they won’t lead to any conclusion. We could honestly go back and forth for 100 pages and in the end we’ll just be going in circles.

Some people have convinced themselves that he’s in fact a messiah and are going to view the world as to hold that premise true.

P.s the original comment I made wasn’t even about CQ. It was about the media and the federation. I though by spelling that out it would’ve been clear.

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend anyone. We’re just talking sports after all.
Football is meant for enjoyment. Not endless fighting over BS.

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Honestly these CQ debates are pointless and a waste of time because they won’t lead to any conclusion. We could honestly go back and forth for 100 pages and in the end we’ll just be going in circles.

Some people have convinced themselves that he’s in fact a messiah and are going to view the world as to hold that premise true.

P.s the original comment I made wasn’t even about CQ. It was about the media and the federation. I though by spelling that out it would’ve been clear.

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend anyone. We’re just talking sports after all.
Football is meant for enjoyment. Not endless fighting over BS.
Well, we are just having a debate here. IMHO, there is a big difference between Skocic and CQ in that Skocic has so far been in charge for a short time comparing to CQ and has not had a chance to build anything. He has done a good job getting the needed results to get us to World Cup. CQ on the hand was in charge for 8 years and left a good foundation to build next generation TM. Is Skocic capable of building a team for next decade? We don’t know yet.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I must say I am a bit jealoius of Egypt. I miss this beautiful man, from the bottom of my heart, I wish Egypt the best sucdesss.
I always liked watching the Pharos play. Let me break it down for you kimosavi1

Iran was ranked in the 70's when CQ came on board. We were a doomster fire in Asia. We were tanked in the70s and DNQ for WC 2010. The man changed our sripes from offense/ This beautiful man almost helped us qualify out of the group of DEATH. . I truly miss him!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I must say I am a bit jealoius of Egypt. I miss this beautiful man, from the bottom of my heart, I wish Egypt the best sucdesss.
I always liked watching the Pharos play. Let me break it down for you kimosavi1

Iran was ranked in the 70's when CQ came on board. We were a doomster fire in Asia. We were tanked in the70s and DNQ for WC 2010. The man changed our sripes from offense/ This beautiful man almost helped us qualify out of the group of DEATH. . I truly miss him!
I don't.
He was at best okay.
Lost to Iraq and Japan in AFC nation cup
Lost to Bosnia which is at best a third tier European team.
Same guys that say Iran group is easy, should talk about when we played against Iraq. He lost his shit, that was so pathetic.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Still debating about Carlos Q ?!!
What's the point?
The guy did well for us and contributed well to our football.
He is history now, there's a new kid in town and is doing well.
Support the current coach and beware of hyenas whose interests are to disrupt and pollute the current situation either to get their own guys in for their own benefits or just they are against the success of team melli because of politics.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What's the point?
Support the current coach and beware of hyenas whose interests are to disrupt and pollute the current situation either to get their own guys in for their own benefits or just they are against the success of team melli because of politics.
Well, we still talk about Rykof, don't we?
The point is, there is no point. Just people on Internet exchanging ideas in a civil and proper manner.
Now, some folks like to take a little more personal and go down that path, which is still OK. Whatever rolls their skirt up as long as you respect each other.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well, we still talk about Rykof, don't we?
The point is, there is no point. Just people on Internet exchanging ideas in a civil and proper manner.
Now, some folks like to take a little more personal and go down that path, which is still OK. Whatever rolls their skirt up as long as you respect each other.
I'm all for it...rolling their skirt up 😄 🤣 😄
As long as there's no shocking surprise!

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
What's the point?
There is this saying that if you discuss politics or religion with others, it will always end in argument and anger.

I think they need to add “CQ” to the list of topics :LOL:

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
I think that Queiroz is a legend for what he did for Iran, that he has built this.

If anyone needs a statue it is him.

Perhaps Velasco for volleyball is slightly similar but the players that Queiroz blooded still credit him for their success to this day...
Honest suggestion:
Why don’t you guys start a religion centered around CQ?

Maybe call it Keyroshtology :D

You can worship his statue.
Pray towards Mozambique.
Celebrate the day we lost to Argentina.
Tell each other how great he is.
And other CQ related activities (y)

cult - Copy.jpg

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Honest suggestion:
Why don’t you guys start a religion centered around CQ?

Maybe call it Keyroshtology :D

You can worship his statue.
Pray towards Mozambique.
Celebrate the day we lost to Argentina.
Tell each other how great he is.
And other CQ related activities (y)

View attachment 45062
I don’t know 🤷‍♂️. I think you are more obsessed with CQ than anyone else here.