Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As far as the result of WC by CQ tell us it was the wrong decision to sack Skocic in short time to WC and when he took TM as first qualified team to WC.
You are definitely entitled to believe that. I on the hand believe getting rid of Skocic was the best decision by IFF.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You are definitely entitled to believe that. I on the hand believe getting rid of Skocic was the best decision by IFF.
I believe it and TM would have won against USA and Wales by Skocic. Skocic was lucky to be sacked by corrupt Taj that exposed the failure of IRI.
It will be worst for Taj and CQ in Asian Cup. I expect for TM to get very bad results in Asian Cup against SA, Japan, Australia and South Korea. TM is going down the hill by CQ tactics.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
May I ask why you think this was the best decision by IFF? Was it the result Sko achieved or his personality? or??
I think we have discussed this plenty of times. To summarize, Skocic losing control over players and his result when he faced semi decent teams. I think with Skocic at helm, TM would have suffered 3 defeats and would have been out of competition at the end of game two.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I think we have discussed this plenty of times. To summarize, Skocic losing control over players and his result when he faced semi decent teams. I think with Skocic at helm, TM would have suffered 3 defeats and would have been out of competition at the end of game two.
I personally do not agree, and I know I am in minority here.
Skocic was in charge of IR Iran for 18 games, won 15, tied 1 and lost 2. Win % 83.3. His result is below.
I just have never heard of any coach being fired with a winning percentage of 83.3 and the fans think it was the best decision of a federation to let him go! but as always your opinion is respected.
Cheers,
1670531983321.png

Nov 29, 2002
There are obsessive personality traits at play here. You can repeat the same thing infinite times but the subject will be changed to something completely different, with the core, simple thing you mentioned completely ignored

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
In short, shit team and shit coach results in shitty results. What what could you possibly expect ? Winning the AFC ? LoL with Akhhond in charge haha

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Just when I thought I could not dislike this man more....
He has still not yet managed to meet with the leader of the Islamic Republic, but on October 13, 2018, he addressed Khamenei with the title of "Supreme Leader" and said: "As you all know, the remarks of the Supreme Leader made us proud. I thank the Supreme Leader from the bottom of my heart on behalf of myself and the players of the Iranian national football team."
K nanat va Supreme Leader baham ... so sad that people still defend this moron I guess it's freedom ! :cry:

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
I personally do not agree, and I know I am in minority here.
Skocic was in charge of IR Iran for 18 games, won 15, tied 1 and lost 2. Win % 83.3. His result is below.
I just have never heard of any coach being fired with a winning percentage of 83.3 and the fans think it was the best decision of a federation to let him go! but as always your opinion is respected.
Cheers,
View attachment 46483
Yeah and to his credit he had season ticket to Real Madrid while CQ was coaching it or taped them on VHS. You're comparing percentages of different venues and tournaments ..there are more factors involved that simple math you offered.

Plus TM traitors came back from a heavy defeat to almost qualifying. Gotta ask yourself if Skicic is such hot item how come he's still looking for a position. Or why Egypt took him on with Colombian record?

I spare you from Taj and his gimmicks.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Carlos Queiroz to be named Qatar’s coach: Portuguese media
Carlos Queiroz, who led the Iranian national team to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, is on the verge of becoming the new coach of Qatar, DN, a Portuguese news website, reported on Tuesday.

According to DN, the Portuguese coach is on his way to Doha to sign a contract and will soon be announced as the new coach of the Qatar national team.
The 69-year-old Queroz is one of the seven Portuguese coaches handling foreign teams.
----
I do not think this guy is done with Iran, my guess is, he will go to Qatar, fail, then come back to Iran and unfortunately some Iranians would still support this move calling him the greatest thing that happened to Iranian football without a single trophy or achievement to back it up!