AFC Asian Cup 2023

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
By the way the UAE team insulted us and I am trying to research the Arabic word ASMA.
Now I got two different definitions. One definition is Asma means BRAVE. The other definition I got makes sense
it means "little." I find it funny if they called us that because Iran is the tallest team in Asia, at 183.6 Meters height.
I think when Taremi scored the second goal he said to one of them "You are ASMA."
After the game he said, 'They insulted us so after I scored, we answered them.
#1 best way to handle it, they wanted Iranian players to react, fight and pick up a cheap red card.
Anyways interesting I think in this contest it means little. I also know in Arabic, the same word could have a different meaning.
Interesting stuff and well UAE are lucky they only lost 2-1. The Asshole Uzbek ref even spotted them a free penalty kick.
Funny thing is the dude who made a nice goal, in stoppage time, juking the Iranian defender was the same guy who missed the penalty.
I guess sometimes, you miss the easy ones, and you connect on the hard shots because you are concentrating more, on the tough ones.
Agha chi migi ?

Feb 4, 2005
Meaning these are all Arabi names?
As for the 2nd round I think Iran should have no problems with Syria, I am expecting a 3-0 win but for some reason
I am feeling an upset maybe Bahrain will shock everyone and beat Japan
TeamMeli jAn, those are the names of players in the picture that Kasra posted (our team from 1972). What do you mean Arabic names?!!!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Meaning these are all Arabi names?
As for the 2nd round I think Iran should have no problems with Syria, I am expecting a 3-0 win but for some reason
I am feeling an upset maybe Bahrain will shock everyone and beat Japan
Mostafa Arab standing first from right was Iran captain 😳 his surname is Arab ,he lives in california.

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Mostafa Arab standing first from right was Iran captain 😳 his surname is Arab ,he lives in california.
He is very open to corresponding with soccer fans. I once corrected him about a picture he posted that he claimed was the 1968 Asian Cup final against Israel but he accepted my explanation that it was the game against Taiwan.

Arab Messages (2).jpg

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
He is very open to corresponding with soccer fans. I once corrected him about a picture he posted that he claimed was the 1968 Asian Cup final against Israel but he accepted my explanation that it was the game against Taiwan.

View attachment 46947
Seems like he is a true gentleman, that is nice that he reaches back to fans. Many players are snobs and wouldn't even give you the time of day.
I once tried to reach out to Lothor Matthaus Der Panzer and wanted to ask him a qustion about the 1990 finals vs Argentina. He did not reply back, I"m still waiting Der Panzer.

Nov 29, 2002
Man i'm almost as excited about seeing the Persian Lions than about our own team - just want to see them go far in this tournament and hopefully become stronger and stronger internationally so we have a good regional rival which speaks the same language and is culturally very similar to us.

Kickoff 90 minutes away

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Drink this, friends. Drink all their tears after they chanted that they would make persians cry - enjoy this moment:

They got the double stuff - Persia A and Persia B
I texted my friend from UAE and I said, "Listen ESMA it was the TAKIKS who made you cry," THIS IS BEA-UTIFUL
Congrats to our Persian cousins. I responded to twitter x saying, "Football requires two things Arabs don't have ATHLETIICM and HEART."

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I texted my friend from UAE and I said, "Listen ESMA it was the TAKIKS who made you cry," THIS IS BEA-UTIFUL
Congrats to our Persian cousins. I responded to twitter x saying, "Football requires two things Arabs don't have ATHLETIICM and HEART."
the last team was won was an Arab team, in my life time Iran even hasn't reach to final. where is this Gheirat and Athletism lol