عکسی از جام کوروش بزرگ در سال ۱۳۵۰ و بازیکنانی که هرگز تکرار نمیشوند.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
10171252_699507053435349_8605320397847746713_n.jpg
صحنه یی از بازی ایران و تیم آماتور هلند که با نتیجه ۳-۱ بسود ایران خاتمه یافت.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
I was excited looking at those flags, but wasn't it a disrespect for legends like Hejazi, Parvin, Ghelichkhani, Kashani, Behzadi, Iranpak etc... to play against the amateur/university XI of Austria and Netherlands, Argeș Pitești (?), Turkey's olympic team, FC Zbrojovka Brno etc...?

How could they not get a single national team to turn up for a historic tournament at Amjadieh?

FC Zbrojovka Brno had only just been promoted to the czech top division in 1971 from their second division, was Team Melli not trying or something?!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Cyrus_International_Tournament

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
I was excited looking at those flags, but wasn't it a disrespect for legends like Hejazi, Parvin, Ghelichkhani, Kashani, Behzadi, Iranpak etc... to play against the amateur/university XI of Austria and Netherlands, Argeș Pitești (?), Turkey's olympic team, FC Zbrojovka Brno etc...?

How could they not get a single national team to turn up for a historic tournament at Amjadieh?

FC Zbrojovka Brno had only just been promoted to the czech top division in 1971 from their second division, was Team Melli not trying or something?!?

سلام عزیز امیدوارم حالتان خوب باشد.
در آن زمان معمولان تیم‌های با کلاس اروپا به ایران نمیومدند مگر از اروپای شرقی..برای اینکه فوتبال ایران را توی اون حد نمیدانستند تا بیایند.اگر هم میخواستند بیایند باید مبلغ زیادی را میگرفتند.
دوم اینکه چون با آومدن اون تیمها شانس ایران در مسابقات قهرمانی کم میشد،و این تو روحیه تماشاگران و خود فوتبالیست‌های ایران تاثیر میگذاشت لذا به همین تیمها بسنده میکردند.
سوم اینکه اینها میخواستند هر طور شده جام کورش بزرگ را تو خود ایران نگاه دارند.روی این اصل اینجور تیمها را دعوت میکردند.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
این بازیها از تلویزیون پخش میشد. حیف که فیلمی از آن در دست نیست یا که در دسترس نیست. سپاس از کسری عزیز برای اشتراک گذاشتن عکس‌های زیبا و یادآوری خاطرات آن دوران کودکی.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002

Iran was truely in the same league as these teams were. Amateur clubs, TM. We were not even a match for Turkey which even into 1980s were in Europe's weakest tier.

Iran started systematic improvements in 1350s, a stronger league, better fields, better coaches, finally having at least a weak show in WC finals. The country was on the right track to close the gaps in 1-2 decades if revolution was not the case.

The difference of Iran's best to the world's top football back then was a lot more than what the same is in 21st century. It was light years before and it Is thousands of miles now.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Iran was truely in the same league as these teams were. Amateur clubs, TM. We were not even a match for Turkey which even into 1980s were in Europe's weakest tier.

Iran started systematic improvements in 1350s, a stronger league, better fields, better coaches, finally having at least a weak show in WC finals. The country was on the right track to close the gaps in 1-2 decades if revolution was not the case.

The difference of Iran's best to the world's top football back then was a lot more than what the same is in 21st century. It was light years before and it Is thousands of miles now.
The gap was not as wide as you put it .
We weren't light years away and although we lost with 3 goals difference to Holland and Peru and drew with Scotland we weren't weak at all . Very unlucky against Peru losing with 2 penalties and a terrible mistake by replacement defender for suspended Eskandaryan . We certainly lacked in experience, team tactics and physical fitness specially giving away penalties but we didn't lack much in technical ability ...

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
The gap was not as wide as you put it .
We weren't light years away and although we lost with 3 goals difference to Holland and Peru and drew with Scotland we weren't weak at all . Very unlucky against Peru losing with 2 penalties and a terrible mistake by replacement defender for suspended Eskandaryan . We certainly lacked in experience, team tactics and physical fitness specially giving away penalties but we didn't lack much in technical ability ...
Oghab jan you your words reminded me of George Best's on David Beckham:

"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."

But joking aside, I was referring more to 1350-51 which these pics belong to, we sure made great strides till 1356.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghab jan you your words reminded me of George Best's on David Beckham:

"He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."

But joking aside, I was referring more to 1350-51 which these pics belong to, we sure made great strides till 1356.
😆 yes good old George Best ...he did say that ...!
If only that trend continued for another 4 years or so from Argentina world cup ...
Giving away penalties like drinking water was due to our naivity thinking refs are like local refs .
I remember meeting Gazerani aboard a plane to England and we chatted long about football and he told me during the world cup he was drinking grape fruit juice all the time thinking its good for him where in fact he found out later that too much of it is not good for a athlete competing in world cup as it lowers blood pressure and weakens him !
He actually played really well and I wonder with better diet and preparations how much better we would have been.
Arie Haan said we were surprised how tough the Iranian team was .