قاسم رضایی مدال طلای خود را برای همدردی به &am

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
قاسم رضایی مدال طلای خود را برای همدردی به زلزله***زدگان آذربایجان تقدیم کرد

به گزارش سرویس ورزشی جام نیوز به نقل از فارس،قاسم رضایی که موفق شده بود با گذشتن از سد حریفان قدرتمندش مدال طلای وزن 96 کیلوگرم کشتی فرنگی بازی***های المپیک لندن را از آن خود کند، برای ابراز همدردی با مردم زلزله***زده آذربایجان این مدال باارزش را به هم***وطنان آذری***زبانش تقدیم کرد.

وی در این زمینه به گفت: مدال خودم را به هم***وطنان آذری***زبان تقدیم می***کنم، با این اعتقاد که این مدال نتیجه دعای خیر این عزیزان است. این مهم را انجام می***دهم و امیدوارم این هدیه ناقابل این جانب را که ماحصل زحمات پانزده ساله***ام در کشتی است، پذیرا باشند. به امید اینکه قدری از دردها و آلام این عزیزان کاسته شود.

[FONT=&quot]Fantastic gesture by Rezaie…[/FONT]......damet garam pahlavan.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I loved all our athletes who earned medals at London olympics but this Ghasem Gholamrezaei impressed me most ,he is a real Mazandarani Leopard and looks like the one in my avatar .

The way he demolished the Russian Rostam in the final was tremendous ....

Rostam e bisheyeh Roosiyeyi ra ..... Nagirad joz Palangeh Mazandarani !

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
^^I agree dedicating a medal is just talk. The medal is yours and you will keep it.
If that is really the case as I suspected, this is really fucking ridiculous. For the past few decades we've been bombarded with news of athletes dedicating their medals to this and that (and I always wondered WTF does it even mean?!!) and people blindly calling them heros or Pahlevoon!

For what?!!

Okay, I dedicate my life to the people of Iran.

Please have my 16 ft statue placed in front of Borje Milad by the end of the month. Thanks.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
A true dedication of a medal would be to put it up for sale in an auction setting and all the proceeds goes to the earth quake victims. Better than that would be the person who busy it dedicates it to a sports arena or local sports club of his own choice for showing of the public. That would be a great deed. The problem is we have the Pahlevans who are saying they are dedicating it but someone has to aid them and show them the right way to do it. Unfortunately in Iran with all the akhoonds and thugs in charge hame chiz heyf o meil mishe.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Just be grateful that he got a gold medal and became olympic champion and brought pride and glory to millions , as a celebrity at the hight of fame right now he made a gesture of good will to bring attention to the earth quake victims ,otherwise I dont think he has the fraction of the wealth of those useless footballers who earn astronomical figures .

Ensaaf ham khoob chiziyeh ha , hanooz yek hafteh nashodeh baramoon eftekhar ovord ,aghallan bezarin araghesh khosh sheh aghayooneh allaameh dahr ...

Nov 24, 2002
i also agree .
i rather them go there like daei did and help the people moral at least instead of this formalité medal offering ..

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Just be grateful that he got a gold medal and became olympic champion and brought pride and glory to millions , as a celebrity at the hight of fame right now he made a gesture of good will to bring attention to the earth quake victims ,otherwise I dont think he has the fraction of the wealth of those useless footballers who earn astronomical figures .

Ensaaf ham khoob chiziyeh ha , hanooz yek hafteh nashodeh baramoon eftekhar ovord ,aghallan bezarin araghesh khosh sheh aghayooneh allaameh dahr ...
Oghabjan,

It's not about being grateful for his gold medal. Of course everyone is happy about that. So is he. Good for Iran, good for him.

This dedication of medals is one of the most ridiculous claims in Iran. People blindly consider it a heroic act when in reality it's nothing but a bunch of words printed in the media for the pleasure of some eyes (including the athlete's).

When compared with the typical act of a writer dedicating his/her book to a particular person, the act of 'dedicating' equates to 'crediting'. It's like an Oscar winner thanking the family and the people who helped. It's not an act of 'giving' as wrongly perceived by most people.

Interestingly enough, when an assh0le like Rezazadeh dedicates his medal to Ali Geda, people correctly associate it with 'crediting' instead of 'giving' :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Oghabjan,

It's not about being grateful for his gold medal. Of course everyone is happy about that. So is he. Good for Iran, good for him.

This dedication of medals is one of the most ridiculous claims in Iran. People blindly consider it a heroic act when in reality it's nothing but a bunch of words printed in the media for the pleasure of some eyes (including the athlete's).

When compared with the typical act of a writer dedicating his/her book to a particular person, the act of 'dedicating' equates to 'crediting'. It's like an Oscar winner thanking the family and the people who helped. It's not an act of 'giving' as wrongly perceived by most people.

Interestingly enough, when an assh0le like Rezazadeh dedicates his medal to Ali Geda, people correctly associate it with 'crediting' instead of 'giving' :)
BT jan , we have to be careful reading Iranian media headlines .... I read one of the headlines quoting Rezaei saying : medal ke sahleh joonam ro ham taghdim e zelzeleh zadeha mikonam . they asked him a question on the spot and he got emotional and said something in the heat of the moment ,you and I would have said the same thing .

quite different from what Rezazadeh had done ,these wrestlers who brought glory did it with a minimum of support ,sacifised a lot , we need to appreciate their efforts . they don't need to contribute materially to the earth quake cause as they don't have much ,their presence and verbal support to mobolise the nation to bring attention is enough in my book.

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
I agree with Oghab…..this is just a good will gesture from Rezaie to draw attention to the plight of the earthquake victims. This guy is a wrestler. He is not a molla or a politician. He hardly makes enough money from wrestling to support his own family. Most people in Iran know this. He is just trying to use his fame at the time when all the focus is on athletes returning from Olympics with gold medals, to draw attention to the needs of the earthquake victims. It is sad that as a nation we are losing the sight of how people can make a deference without considering the financial aspects of their contributions.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Dear Oghab,

There is no question that we are all proud of him and what he has brought to Iran. By no way I meant my comments towards him. But as you know in Iran everything is just kashki and as you pointed out we have to be careful with the papers and the way they portrait events. In a true setting a dedication would be a sale and proceeds to the victims. That is the literal meaning of it. I do agree that just by wording it he has brought more attention to the matter and has energized those to contribute that may of not done so by themselves. So in it self its a great gesture and nice act.