١٣٢٩ - مراسم ازدواج شاه و ثریا

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
She was quite beautiful and at the same time elegant! Could have become a better queen than Farah!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
She was quite beautiful and at the same time elegant! Could have become a better queen than Farah!
not really. Farah was widely respected for her sincere charitable activities.

Soraya was beautiful., but and very little was known about her; but it did not look like she was really interested in being an Iranian much less the queen of the country.

Of Course It is very had to render an opinion on her since there is very little independent documentation on her.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Soraya was head of the charity association in Iran! She was married to shah only for 7 years while Farah was queen for about 20 years! It would be unfair to compare their achievements.

What makes you say she was not interested in being an Iranian or a queen?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Soraya was head of the charity association in Iran! She was married to shah only for 7 years while Farah was queen for about 20 years! It would be unfair to compare their achievements.

Did you see her speak a word in farsi anywhere?

did she write a single letter in Farsi and send to Iranian media?
did she talk a word about Iran to all the publications she had access to.

I am fully informed but so far as I know the answer is no.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Farah was a great queen. Even the Marxists & the Hezbolahis tried hard to find dirt on her but couldn't find anything. She is & was respected by all political factions.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^No doubt! I'm just saying Soraya could have become even better!

Esamani jan: well as far as speaking Persian:

minute: 0:40

[video=youtube;JLmL4est5ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmL4est5ek[/video]