💥 Israel politics, policies and territorial expansion

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Am I wrong thinking Israel is the only 'country' that is still expanding its land? (besides Russia, China, UAE and who else.. lol)

Netanyahu coming back with most conservative gov. yet.

One thing you gotta admit from blowing king David hotel in Palestine land in 1947-8 era and eventually taking over the land officially to getting here they have come a long way. Terrorism has indeed paid off for them.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
When Netanyahu's father emigrated to Israel, he hebraized his surname from "Mileikowsky" to "Netanyahu", meaning "God has given." Now in his 70s having put behind charges of breach of trust, bribery and fraud, following a three year investigation he's in charge again.

From 1984 to 1988, he served as the Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations. At this time Netanyahu became friends with Fred Trump, the father of future U.S. President Donald Trump

After the 2022 election, Netanyahu was sworn in as Prime Minister again as the leader of a hardline coalition.[228] He officially started his sixth term on 29 December 2022

From military to government to education he seem to have packed at least three lives in one. Don't underestimate him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Netanyahu

And a look at the competition

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Good for Israel. They are one of the most historic nations on earth who lived for centuries in the current Israel. But of course if you have been raised with IR/Arab propaganda, you believe they just turned up in the 1930s, put two bombs and created a new country out of thin air.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Good for Israel. They are one of the most historic nations on earth who lived for centuries in the current Israel. But of course if you have been raised with IR/Arab propaganda, you believe they just turned up in the 1930s, put two bombs and created a new country out of thin air.
but in reality they did create a country out of thin air, granted jews lived there as well as palestinians but we have jews living in China and all over for ages.. Best would have been to assign land and autonomy to both sides then and there. How is it OK in your eyes that one side got away with support and land and other left hanging?

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
but in reality they did create a country out of thin air, granted jews lived there as well as palestinians but we have jews living in China and all over for ages.. Best would have been to assign land and autonomy to both sides then and there. How is it OK in your eyes that one side got away with support and land and other left hanging?
No side got left hanging. The Arabs have many other Arab countries right next door to live in. The Jews had lived there for thousands of years, long before the Arabs. The way I justify it is that after the holocaust, the Jews had to get together and make sure nothing like that happens to them again. Imagine what would happen if the Arabs had the power over them. Is that what makes you happy? Another backward muslim country in the region, after everything that specially us Iranians have been through with the Arabs for 1400 years? I really wish as a nation we understood who our real historic enemies have been.

And don't forget, many Arabs sold their lands willingly to Jews for large sums of money. Then they wanted "to throw the jews into the sea" and also keep the money. That enough told Israel they can never trust the Arabs.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
No side got left hanging. The Arabs have many other Arab countries right next door to live in. The Jews had lived there for thousands of years, long before the Arabs. The way I justify it is that after the holocaust, the Jews had to get together and make sure nothing like that happens to them again. Imagine what would happen if the Arabs had the power over them. Is that what makes you happy? Another backward muslim country in the region, after everything that specially us Iranians have been through with the Arabs for 1400 years? I really wish as a nation we understood who our real historic enemies have been.

And don't forget, many Arabs sold their lands willingly to Jews for large sums of money. Then they wanted "to throw the jews into the sea" and also keep the money. That enough told Israel they can never trust the Arabs.
You sound passionate and spice things up a bit in this discussion .. I get back to you.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
You sound passionate and spice things up a bit in this discussion .. I get back to you.
It's not passion. Normally I wouldn't care about an issue like this.
But after the lies we were told by the IR from a young age and told to hate, then you find out the truth you get very angry and annoyed at yourself.
My view on this has changed in recent years, like on many other issues.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
It's not passion. Normally I wouldn't care about an issue like this.
But after the lies we were told by the IR from a young age and told to hate, then you find out the truth you get very angry and annoyed at yourself.
My view on this has changed in recent years, like on many other issues.
You definitely had a solid idea what Jews in that land deserve but so casually expect the Palestinians pack up and go to an arab country. This was my impression reading your post few days back. Both of these people lived in those lands for ages.