10 biggest athletic freaks of all time

Mar 13, 2007
Its a pretty good list actually. Bo and Dion fo sho, not sure about karalin - any top heavy weight MMA figther would probably kick his ass.

I would add LT, reggie white, Ray lewis, bruce smith, Barry sanders (perhaps the greatest athlete i have seen), superman - d howard, shaq, ricky henderson, Brandon jackobs,....

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I don't know man if Karelin (in his prime) went to Holland for a couple of years and trained his standup I'd bet on him dominating the HW division. He was just throwing around 300lb Olympic level wrestlers like bitches in his prime. It's like somebody suplexing Lesnar on his head in a wrestling match (and Lesnar aint even Olympic level), if you ever watch HW wrestling matches, they are usually so slow they can barely get a take down, this guy would flip guys in the air.

I'd add Ray Lewis, Barry Sanders definitely. Shaq was also a freak when he was younger. and yeah Bo Jackson was just unreal.

Last edited:

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Karelin was an unbelievable athlete. Look at how far lesser Greco Roman wrestlers (Randy Couture, Dan Henderson) have done in MMA. If Karelin had become an MMA figher, he would been one of the best in history

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
List is heavily biased for American sports. it is alsmost unfair to Karlin to be in the same page with the rest. Another beast of the same magnitude was Sergey Bubka, the Uktanian legend. For years, his only rival was himself for for 2 decades his records are unchallenged..

Mar 13, 2007
When I see athletic freaks I think of super athletes who have tremendous strength, tremendous speed and agility, who also have good stamina and have the intelligence to be good at their discipline.
Bubpka was only great at the very last element as far as we know. Based on these criteria I would say 80% of NFL athletes are better than the best trck and field has to offer.

I agree karalin with few years of MMA and striking training could have been dominant in MMA.

By the way - currently the greatest athlete in the world we forgot (not a freak) - GSP

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
When I see athletic freaks I think of super athletes who have tremendous strength, tremendous speed and agility, who also have good stamina and have the intelligence to be good at their discipline.
Bubpka was only great at the very last element as far as we know. Based on these criteria I would say 80% of NFL athletes are better than the best trck and field has to offer.

I
You are not serious! This is a sport that every cm counts ad he broke his own world records 17 times! First person who clered 6m and only human ever cleared 6m 10 cm and above and he consistently did so while the runner ups where some 20 cms behind him (at that level every cm requires yeras of training and loads of talent).

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I think INDAMONEYZ has a point. The fact of the matter is the best athletes in the US get into the NFL and they don't pursue a career in Olympics track and field simply because there is no money in it. However the US seem to get the most medals in the Olympics at the short distance sprints historically.

As far as speed + power combination is concerned the best athletes in the world are NFL players. Europeans aside from the old USSR (who invented a lot of what is used today in strength training + being the first ones to have steroids didn't hurt) don't even come close in terms of power+strength+speed training done in American university sports programs or professional football. Plus everywhere else really people have too many other problems to be able to train 4-5 hours a day with the right coaching, etc and being able to feed themselves/family.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Kiwi athletes with Pacific blood seem to have have a strong tendency for athletic freakism

I'm thinking guys like Jonah Lomu

Even current all-black Sonny Bill Williams is a very good boxer as well as being international level at rugby union and previously rugby league

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
thats true some of those pacific islanders (samoans for examole) are fucking great athletes. Troy Palamalu, David Tua, Lomu, BJ Penn come to mind