15 former captives live on CNN telling of their ordeal..

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Lt Felix Carman and Cpt Chris Air reading from prepared statements.

Basically saying they were 1.7 nautical miles inside Iraqi waters. Iranians were aggressive and had an agenda to arrest them. Detention were illegal.

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
the fact about the propoganda of the iranian gov't is of course true....
but these sailors have also been debriefed (brainwashed) by the british navy as soon as they got back.
they said things such as "they were held against walls blindfolded with sound of guns cocking". this means that iranians were trying to make them think they were about to be executed, to try and torture them psychologically.....this is a load of rubbish
if u saw them on iranian TV, they looked relaxed....more relaxed than they were at this press conference today
iranians did a lil bit of propoganda....(but it was mostly harmless), but now u see the REAL PROPOGANDA at work. the propoganda that has been pitting the world against us for so long, for no good reason. Royal British Navy is lying....and it's terrible, cuz i hope iran doesn't pay the price for this. those 15 sailors have been brainwashed so hard by the British Navy before they gave this press conference, and to me this was clear as daylight. they went out of their way to be negative.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
The interesting thing for me was when Cpt Chris Air was asked about the interview he had with BBC before their capture in which he admitted part of their operation was keeping an eye on the Iranians.

He was very quick to jump and answer the question firstly saying the quote was taken out of context. It was amazing that 10 minutes before when he was telling of their ordeal by way of reading from a prepared statement he was far slower than when he was answering this question and was talking off the top of his head *so to speak). Blatantly obvious that he was prepped for this question and had memorised his answer which is why he was spitting it out faster than his usual speech.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
the fact about the propoganda of the iranian gov't is of course true....
but these sailors have also been debriefed (brainwashed) by the british navy as soon as they got back.
they said things such as "they were held against walls blindfolded with sound of guns cocking". this means that iranians were trying to make them think they were about to be executed, to try and torture them psychologically.....this is a load of rubbish
if u saw them on iranian TV, they looked relaxed....more relaxed than they were at this press conference today
iranians did a lil bit of propoganda....(but it was mostly harmless), but now u see the REAL PROPOGANDA at work. the propoganda that has been pitting the world against us for so long, for no good reason. Royal British Navy is lying....and it's terrible, cuz i hope iran doesn't pay the price for this. those 15 sailors have been brainwashed so hard by the British Navy before they gave this press conference, and to me this was clear as daylight. they went out of their way to be negative.
One will never know the truth but I tend to agree with you. Also I don't think IR would be that stupid to subject them to psychlological punishment during the majority of their stay and then try to portray it as pleasant thru the media...

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
He was very quick to jump and answer the question firstly saying the quote was taken out of context. It was amazing that 10 minutes before when he was telling of their ordeal by way of reading from a prepared statement he was far slower than when he was answering this question and was talking off the top of his head *so to speak). Blatantly obvious that he was prepped for this question and had memorised his answer which is why he was spitting it out faster than his usual speech.
spot on

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
ايران

نظامیان بریتانیایی: در آب های عراق بازداشت شدیم
فرمانده ۱۵ ملوان بازداشت شده توسط سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی لحظاتی پيش در يک کنفرانس خبری اعلام کرد که نيروهای ايرانی، آنها را در «آب های عراق» بازداشت کرده بودند.

اين کنفرانس خبری با حضور هفت تن از ملوانان و تفنگداران دريايی بريتانيايی که ۱۳ روز در بازداشت ايران بودند، هم اکنون در حال برگزاری است.

کريس اير که فرماندهی گروه ۱۵ نفره را در آب های خليج فارس به عهده داشت و کارمن فليکس، از ملوانان ارشد اين گروه با خواندن بيانيه ای در ابتدای اين کنفرانس خبری ضمن اعلام اين خبر، مراحل بازداشت شدن خود را نيز تشريح کردند.

به گفته کاپيتان کريس اير، اين ۱۵ تن در حال بازرسی از يک کشتی در آب های خليج فارس و در منطقه ای که به گفته او «آب های سرزمينی عراق» بوده است، با گشت نيروی دريايی سپاه پاسداران رو به رو شده اند.

به گفته وی، اين گروه با هدف جلوگيری از يک درگيری خونين، تسليم نيروی دريايی سپاه پاسدارن شدند، اما او تاکيد کرد که اين بازداشت از نظر او «غير قانونی» بوده است.

چاپ کنید برای دوستان خود بفرستيد درهمین زمینه[۱۳۸۶/۰۱/۱۷] «ملوانان بریتانیایی، در فشار روانی بوده اند»
[۱۳۸۶/۰۱/۱۷] «درباره ایران اطلاعات جمع آوری می کردیم»
[۱۳۸۶/۰۱/۱۶] نظامیان بریتانیایی با خانواده های خود دیدار کردند
« قبلی [۱ از ۲] بعدی »

مهم ترین خبرهاصفحه نخست
نظامیان بریتانیایی: در آب های عراق بازداشت شدیم
«ملوانان بریتانیایی، در فشار روانی بوده اند»
افزایش همکاری نظامی چین و کره جنوبی
تور صلح پیانوی معروف جان لنون
صفحه نخست ايرانخبر های کوتاه جهان هفت هنر ورزش روزنه English RSS پادکست
وبلاگ هاکلیک
ادامه محبوب ترینپر بیننده ترین
جنگ لفظي تهران و لندن درباره عذرخواهي بريتانيا
«درباره ايران اطلاعات جمع آوري مي کرديم»
گيتس: ايرانيان دستگيرشده در اربيل آزاد نخواهند شد
ادامه
Links - پيوندها
RFE/RL homepage
VOA
Iran Report

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Screw the British.... for that matter, also screw the stinking Mullah govt which is a product of British foreign policy to start with....

Faghat delemoon bayad barayeh Mardomeh Iran besoozeh keh will be paying dearly for all this CHARLATAN BAZI.... None of this was/is for real.....

Jun 18, 2005
Western PR to counter the Iranian PR. Their statements were prepared before and I wouldnt put too much into it.

Though it was kinda interesting when they claimed the woman sailor was isolated and told that the rest of her comrads were released so she was under the pressure to make statements.

In the videos released by Iran, she was actually sitting next to the other sailors when she made those statements!

farhad611

Bench Warmer
Jul 21, 2005
TOTALLY SET UP...SCREW the Royal British Navy...I wouldn't be suprised if AN responds...I mean he HAS to with video evidence that in the videos released by Iran, she was actually sitting next to the other sailors when she made those statements and NOT "isolated" in a room alone to have have pressure to make those statements....I'm just pissed off..sorry for my lang. but fuc* the british!

Jun 7, 2004
Question is how good is Iran propaganda now. How would they make a come back.
The answer is that the IR will always loose in the long-run. In this case and in everything else they touch.

Even if we were to consider this a propoganda war there is no way in the world you will win a propoganda war when you do not control the main party of concern. The English sailors are back in England.

As usual the IR continues to sacrifice the long-run for short-term gains. While they were celebrating their short-term stunt they were totally oblivious to the fact that this will blow up in their face in time. They have lost, yet again. This is because their motives and intentions are not true and they know it too. It does not matter if they tried to dress it in suits, feed it chelokabob, and broadcast 10 movies about it. It just takes time. Such is the unchangeable law of the universe.

Oct 20, 2003
A point that is puzzling to me is that the British government kept saying the sailors were captured in Iraqi water, later they said, these waters are disputed waters. Disputed by whom, it was Saddam Hossein who signed the treaty with Iran in 1975 than reneged and disputed the boundries. If those waters are disputed, than Kuwait must be a disputed territory because Saddam claimed Kuwait to be an Iraqi provice. It is very interesting to rely on Saddam Hosein's a convicted mass murderer if it helps your case.

Jun 18, 2005
Good point. Depends when the videos were aken though. Cause they said for the first four days she believed she was the only one there.
It doesnt really matter when the videos were taken. These folks made their statements when they were together. In the first video, she was with the rest of her comrads eating. She continued to make her statements when she was sitting next to the other sailors.

I am sure the British sailors didnt have to make statements as they were leaving Iran at the Mehrabad airport. They were already given to the British embassy. Their captain made statements even in the airport! Like how did those statements come about under pressure and blindfolded?

We want our Persian rugs and the nice suits backs.

English= Do roo = Kallash = Hoghebaz