2014 AFC Futsal Championship

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
And... Japan win the tournament for the 3rd time - 2nd time in a row! :(

Our dominance in Asian Futsal is definitely over and we have to share the spoils with Japan. We should have played a lot smarter after we scored the 2nd goal. We totally dominated the 1st half of extra time. Candelas will likely be replaced after this with a vatani coach which is probably not a bad idea. Wondering if it's time for Shamsaei to retire from playing and switch to coaching?

The silver lining is that Tayeebi was the tournament top scorer. :)

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Japan score 3rd... Not looking good
We let shams gofir stupid reasons, the guy was one of the few qualified managers in Iran in any sport and we get some Jesus from Spain just because his national team ranks a few better than us! Here is what we get. We choke whenever it matters.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well dominance in any sport is a bad thing and I'm glad teams have stepped up to it much to our dismay. Ultimately this is a good thing.

Iran walking all over these Asian sides was getting pretty boring. Now there's an incentive in improving the sport for Iran. Before there wasn't.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Such a pitty this team didn't win it! They dominated Japan from top to bottom... very very unlucky! Japan has to only thank its goalie for those great saves otherwise they have nothing to offer.
I would keep this TM Futsal team the way it is, work on it more to round it up! They proved once again that they are well above Asia (including Japan, although so many people talk so highly of them), this Iran team can be our best futsal team ever. We didn't win it but everyone saw what we were capable of... World Cup matters the most, I would improve this team without making major changes (coaching and main players), I am proud of these guys!

Aug 21, 2005
next door
We were very unlucky, the only sliver lining was that this team is very young with average age of 24.5. We have moved away from old players like shamsaei and nazari. This team will be good for years to come. We were just very unlucky today and Japan was very luck!