2014 australian open viewing guide

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Cibulkova in the final vs Li Na .... I really hope she goes all the way, not a huge fan of Li Na
Cibulkova runs so fast and hits the balls very well compare to her height but needs to be in top of her game to beat Li Na.

Oct 18, 2010
i should have bet on dominika.i think she is on her game and can beat the chinese girl.
i also think roger can beat nadal.2 swiss guys in the final would be a first.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Nadal knows how to beat federer, Just give it to his backhand and that makes Federer mentally weak . Later in the game Federer wants to switch to his forehand just to hit it hard and this just changes completely his rhythm.
If you look at the first set tie break, almost every unforced error of Federer was with his back hand. Funny enough, Federer defensive slice back hand works great in a lot of matches but because Nadal is left handed he can exploit that.

I am really glad Nadal won, he is my favorite tennis player of all times. what a warrior.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
honestly don't think it was the injury , i said it from first day, Nadal was just not sharp, he had to fight hard entire tournament, Wawrinka would win regardless, i am so mad at myself for not betting more :(
It was the injury. Look at Stan's press conference. He even said he felt weird that he won this. He know's what's up.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
It was the injury. Look at Stan's press conference. He even said he felt weird that he won this. He know's what's up.
he wasnt injured first set was he? he had Nadal in his pocket ! I am a Nadal fan but u got to be fair to Stan, he deserved this one, lets not forget he also beat Novak ... I honestly think Stan would beat Nadal regardless and that is why i bet on him before the tournament.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
he wasnt injured first set was he? he had Nadal in his pocket ! I am a Nadal fan but u got to be fair to Stan, he deserved this one, lets not forget he also beat Novak ... I honestly think Stan would beat Nadal regardless and that is why i bet on him before the tournament.
He wasn't injured in the frist but he even lost the first game in quarter final and came back. Beating Nadal 3 setrs in a game is very difficult becasue he doesnt' give up . He wasn't 100% to fight throughout the game but stil gave his 100% despite his injury. All and all, Stan playerd really well and won. Congrats to him but I hope Nadal is 100% in French Open.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
let me put it this way, i assure you guys, this wont be Stan's last Grand Slam (unless he is injured and can no longer play) the guy is VERY GOOD.
I have watched a lot of tennis in my life and I don't agree with you. There are a lot of players that play okay in a tournament and that is it: Nalbandian, Andy Rodick are example of that.
The best talent was Dimitrov that played with Nadal in quarter final, if he puts his act together, he will be a great player in future.