4shanbeh soori in the MD/DC/VA area...

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Hi folks,
I just heard that 4shanbeh soori festivities at the Univ of Maryland College park have been canceled. Is this true? and if so, does anyone know of another event in the entire DC metro area where something is being held tonight?

I seem to remember Khaneyeh Iran had something in the Germantown area last year or two years ago.

Thanks in advance and wish you all a happy and safe 4shanbeh soori tonight...

Jun 3, 2006
yea unfortunately umd didn't have enough money to pay for the park this year because they charged them double what they usually do. theres a couple of places in the area having something. ill post back when i find the website with them

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Thanks Reza jan,

I just spoke to someone from khaneyeh Iran, they have changed their name to some cultural society thing, I don't remember. Anyhow, there is no 4shanbeh soori event this year in our area. How sad! I will have to jump over a small torch we have at work or some candles at home.... damn...

Jun 3, 2006
sorry for never getting back to you, but yea, there was no real 4shanbesoori here. oh well, at least theres sizdabedar to look forward to

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
That is sad. The people in charge of ISF should do a better job of planning. With the amount of people who show up to 4shanbesoori they can raise enough money no matter how much they charge them for the event. That sucks. I guess candles will do ...